2015-2016 University of Chicago (Pritzker) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So they probably met already?

Members don't see this ad.

So they probably met already?
Maybe? They released the last set of decisions a day early, so we might hear some time next week.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
True, just wanted to see if it makes sense to send an update letter before I hear back or save it as a post wait list update.

I think it also may depend on your interview day - there were interviews yesterday and no way that they've met about that one yet.

You guys.... it's going to be the longest 10 days in world history. <3 Pritzker

Reactions: 2 users
Hoping for the best, I want a piece of these scrub tops :)

When do you think we will get more details on second look?

Does anyone know if Pritzker is receptive to letters of interest? I love the school and I really want them to let me in. But I don't really have any updates that would enhance my application so I don't want to send an update letter. But I'm wondering if anyone knows whether or not they like to receive letters of interest?

Does anyone know if Pritzker is receptive to letters of interest? I love the school and I really want them to let me in. But I don't really have any updates that would enhance my application so I don't want to send an update letter. But I'm wondering if anyone knows whether or not they like to receive letters of interest?

Have you interviewed yet? If not, they're done for the year.

This has got to be the longest wait of my life....

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
That's the announced date. The last cycle around (December 21 I believe), they announced the Friday beforehand.
Ok, thanks. What's 7 more days? Not much we can do now. Hoping to get the call like everyone else. By the way, I wear a size M, U Chicago!

Last edited:
Judgement day tomorrow?
I'd say they probably already made their judgements, but I'm guessing that they will start letting us know tomorrow since they were ahead of schedule last time and I have to imagine their meetings are sometime between Mon-Thurs because of that. Wishful thinking is also a possibility because I'm pretty anxious about this one.

SO EXCITED. Love us please Pritzker!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if waitlisted applicants will find out if they have been accepted on the Feb 22nd date? Or once you've been waitlisted do you not get another decision until later in the cycle? (was waitlisted on the Dec 21 date)

I'm assuming you were deferred? Yeah I think you can get accepted tomorrow. I was deferred twice, so feel like my chances are low, but who knows!

This is the last "official" acceptance date before the true waitlist forms, is that correct?

How are guys determining that we will hear today? Was this specified by the school? I checked the older threads and they don't indicate much.

How are guys determining that we will hear today? Was this specified by the school? I checked the older threads and they don't indicate much.
The hard date they gave us at the interview (for this batch) was Monday Feb 22, but on their last decision date they made calls on the Friday prior to the posted date.

The hard date they gave us at the interview (for this batch) was Monday Feb 22, but on their last decision date they made calls on the Friday prior to the posted date.

And what dates are covered under this batch?

Just a thought - maybe they released early in December because they were shutting down for the holidays after that?

And what dates are covered under this batch?
The February 22 date should cover all interviews I believe (although I don't know how recently interviews have occurred) and also include individuals who were previously deferred.

Good luck everyone.

Hoping we find out today but a gut feeling inside me tells me they're going to inform us on Monday.

Yeah, calls probably would have started already if they were today.
Just giving a glimmer of hope (and anxiety), but the last wave of acceptances got their calls between 12pm to 1pm

Not just holiday break, I've been waiting since the end of November.
Yeah I know your pain, I interviewed early October so I went into the interview thinking I might hear back super fast (October 15th), but all my hopes were shattered. And then they were shattered again on December 18th. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

What do we say to to the god of rejection?

Not today.

See yalls here next week!

Reactions: 7 users
I'm assuming you were deferred? Yeah I think you can get accepted tomorrow. I was deferred twice, so feel like my chances are low, but who knows!

I don't think I was deferred. I received a letter explicitly saying I was waitlisted back in December. I'm just wondering if I have a chance at getting of the waitlist on Monday or whether that is only for people who received the 'continued' decision.

I don't think I was deferred. I received a letter explicitly saying I was waitlisted back in December. I'm just wondering if I have a chance at getting of the waitlist on Monday or whether that is only for people who received the 'continued' decision.
That sounds strange. Can't give you an answer because they said that everyone is either accepted or continued, nothing else until they make the waitlist out of all interviewed students after the last acceptance day.

So we'll get a phone call on Monday if we're accepted and an email for any other decision?

Today is the day. Good luck everyone!

What time do they usually call?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Just received a second "continued" status email after being continued in December as well.

Guess the waitlist comes later?

In case I had any doubts, just got my continued status re-affirmed :rolleyes:

Continued as well.. what's the next step from here?