2015-2016 University of Tennessee Health Science Center Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I got the survey letter and the decision letter today. Hold. How? Wasn't April 8th technically the last day they met? I figured I'd get a straight answer..

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So I got the survey letter and the decision letter today. Hold. How? Wasn't April 8th technically the last day they met? I figured I'd get a straight answer..

Oh no! This makes me think they didn't make final decisions yet... We'll probably all be waiting some more

Oh no! This makes me think they didn't make final decisions yet... We'll probably all be waiting some more
Dean Strother told me final decisions would be made last week when I talked to him.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think so. From what I've read of last years thread after you've already gotten the "survey letter" notification they don't notify you before sending more updates
I got an email today saying my final decision was en route

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I got an email today saying my final decision was en route

Mine didn't say it was en route, it said it would be mailed out by the 18th.

I've accepted my spot at Vandy but if I get a spot at UT I'll be tempted by the lower tuition.

Good luck y'all!

Who do we contact to find our ranking on the waitlist? Dean Strother or Ms.Harris?

Who do we contact to find our ranking on the waitlist? Dean Strother or Ms.Harris?
I'm not sure of the answer but is this just in anticipation or did you get a letter?

Does anyone know when we should be hearing about financial aid?

Members don't see this ad :)
Today should be the day! (If you live within Memphis at least!) I'm ready to just have an answer no matter what it is!

Keep us posted! : )

First time poster.

Letter came in today around 10:30am (midtown Memphis). Waitlisted. Emailed Mr. Strother regarding where I stand on the waitlist and he responded very quickly. Top 20. Good luck to everyone.

Reactions: 4 users
First time poster.

Letter came in today around 10:30am (midtown Memphis). Waitlisted. Emailed Mr. Strother regarding where I stand on the waitlist and he responded very quickly. Top 20. Good luck to everyone.

So you're pretty much accepted! Congrats!

First time poster.

That is awesome! Congrats. When did you interview?

I live in Memphis and received my letter around 2 pm (waitlisted). Dr. Strother responded to my email very quickly and told me I was also in the top 20! :)

Reactions: 6 users
I live in Memphis and received my letter around 2 pm (waitlisted). Dr. Strother responded to my email very quickly and told me I was also in the top 20! :)

Congrats!! Hope we hear something soon.

Alternate. Waiting on email from Dean Strother for ranking.

Top 50. Hoping for deep run into alternate list year. Good luck everyone!

This wait for an email is almost as bad as continually refreshing until MCAT scores became available.

Reactions: 3 users
This wait for an email is almost as bad as continually refreshing until MCAT scores became available.

I'm still waiting on my letter and I live 40 minutes from the UTHSC campus...

Do we just email Dr. Strother, or are there specific instructions for requesting our rank? I'm at school and won't be able to see my letter for a while longer.

Just withdrew my place here. I wish you all the best, and hope you have a lot of waitlist movement!

Godspeed, Everyone :D

Lower half. Well shoot. Good luck to everyone. All my eggs are in the ETSU basket now!

WL. middle 3rd :/ well I'm not going to UT haha good luck to those still waiting!

Withdrew, good luck! I'm sure plenty of people will be getting off the waitlist in the next 4 weeks!

Reactions: 2 users
I was just accepted!! Good luck to everyone :)

Reactions: 5 users
Alternate list, top 20!! So excited for the waitlist to start moving, good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Alternate list, top 85. Good luck to everyone else!

Just got alternate notification yesterday and was told I am in the top 75! Good luck guys!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

First time poster (to this thread). I was told I was in the top 40 of the alternate list. From what I've read on this thread and last year's thread, is it reasonably safe to assume that this means somewhere between 36-40? (since some applicants are told top 25 top 35, top 50 etc.)

Also I am optimistic of my position due to the number pulled off in past years but I would still like to be prepared for either outcome.. So does anyone have any estimate of when the list could make it to the 30's, based on past years? Or how quickly the list usually moves?

Best of luck to everyone!

First time poster (to this thread). I was told I was in the top 40 of the alternate list. From what I've read on this thread and last year's thread, is it reasonably safe to assume that this means somewhere between 36-40? (since some applicants are told top 25 top 35, top 50 etc.)

Also I am optimistic of my position due to the number pulled off in past years but I would still like to be prepared for either outcome.. So does anyone have any estimate of when the list could make it to the 30's, based on past years? Or how quickly the list usually moves?

Best of luck to everyone!

Just by a quick glance at last year's thread it looks like by May they were in the 30s and by early June (11th or so) they were into the 40s on the alternate list.

Withdrew today. Good luck everyone!

Got the call ~30 minutes ago, so may have gotten your spot! Thank you!

I was told top 20, and have heard of a few others in top 20 getting a call. So there's been some movement, good luck everyone.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm in!!!! Just got the call! My hands are shaking a little haha. I was in the top 20 on the waitlist as well so there's definitely movement

I'm in the middle third so it looks like I'll be staying in Nashville.

Good luck to everyone on the wait list!