You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Brown University (Alpert) Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Thanks for letting me know! Got one too!Just received the secondary.
Just received my secondary as well, is there any screening process? It took like a week and a half.
"Once your application is verified by AMCAS, we will send you electronic mail instructions for the online secondary application" per the school's website. No screen.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Only the minimum, I figured they have access to my transcript so they could look at the others if they'd like.Did you guys put all courses that would count towards the pre recs or just the minimum that fulfill their pre recs on that page of the secondary?
Anyone here applying to the MD/MPA program?
II received! Complete 7/27
II received! Complete 7/27
Congrats! Stats??
Thanks! OOS,LizzyM 73Congrats! Stats??
Last edited:
Was also complete here 7/27 but have heard nothing. Should I expect a rejection here?
I mean, statistically speaking, we all should 😉 I think it may be jumping the gun a bit to anticipate it due to one person getting an II, though.Was also complete here 7/27 but have heard nothing. Should I expect a rejection here?
I think I may have made a mistake on the course entering part of the seconday... ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think I may have made a mistake on the course entering part of the seconday... ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW!
+1 🙁
If it is a drastic error that makes you look like you didn't complete a req I'd call adcom and say you made the error and they'll give you the right way to fix it (usually just email them but double check) if you made a typo on course number, I think it's ok since they will most likely use your AMCAS primary and your official transcript for that...but if it makes you feel better just call themI think I may have made a mistake on the course entering part of the seconday... ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW!
Already called and emailed.. waiting for a response. I will respond to the forum with their answer as soon as I get it...If it is a drastic error that makes you look like you didn't complete a req I'd call adcom and say you made the error and they'll give you the right way to fix it (usually just email them but double check) if you made a typo on course number, I think it's ok since they will most likely use your AMCAS primary and your official transcript for that...but if it makes you feel better just call them
II!!! Is this real life?!?!??!
Congrats to all you guys! I'm really envious, I hope Alpert gives me some love, too.
Especially huge congrats to you. I know we were talking about this earlier, you must be ecstatic!II!!! Is this real life?!?!??!
Thank you so much! Good luck to you I know you said this was your top choice!Especially huge congrats to you. I know we were talking about this earlier, you must be ecstatic!
II!!! Is this real life?!?!??!
Congrats!!! When were you complete??
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
+1 🙁
just got a response from the Brown IT crew; they are working to resolve the issue hopefully by the end of business today.
L
Lrnq
Congrats to all who have gotten an II!! Are any of you MD-ScM applicants?
They fixed it! Now there are Delete and Edit tabs next to each course work.just got a response from the Brown IT crew; they are working to resolve the issue hopefully by the end of business today.
I know I just checked my email and they responded saying they fixed it! This is now one of my top schools! I like good service hahaThey fixed it! Now there are Delete and Edit tabs next to each course work.
July 14th!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What are your aspirations for your medical practice? Fast-forward to 15 years in the future: where do you imagine yourself?
I dont quite understand this question tbh, anyone wanna assist? All I know is that im gonna be a doctor in 15 years, idk what kind or what else tbh. I don't have any plans as of yet
I dont quite understand this question tbh, anyone wanna assist? All I know is that im gonna be a doctor in 15 years, idk what kind or what else tbh. I don't have any plans as of yet
What are your aspirations for your medical practice? Fast-forward to 15 years in the future: where do you imagine yourself?
I dont quite understand this question tbh, anyone wanna assist? All I know is that im gonna be a doctor in 15 years, idk what kind or what else tbh. I don't have any plans as of yet
I interpreted this question as: are there any specialties you're interested in? Any particular communities you wish to serve? Do you want to do primary care, research, academics, etc? Essentially, what do you want to do with your MD after graduation?
The question is broad. If you don't know at all the direction you'd like to head towards, think about what you hope you achieve in your career and what you can do to reach those goals. I think adcom is looking for your honest insight.
I interpreted this question as: are there any specialties you're interested in? Any particular communities you wish to serve? Do you want to do primary care, research, academics, etc? Essentially, what do you want to do with your MD after graduation?
The question is broad. If you don't know at all the direction you'd like to head towards, think about what you hope you achieve in your career and what you can do to reach those goals. I think adcom is looking for your honest insight.
Thanks for the response, the only thing I'm sure about is that I want to teach. Other than that, who knows

This is going to sound like a strange request - but can anyone PM me the link to the online portal?
I could have sworn I filled out and submitted the secondary, and last Friday my gmail decided to move my entire inbox to the trash (I was able to rescue most emails) but now I can't find my Brown email with the link or the confirmation of submission.
I could have sworn I filled out and submitted the secondary, and last Friday my gmail decided to move my entire inbox to the trash (I was able to rescue most emails) but now I can't find my Brown email with the link or the confirmation of submission.
https://admissions.med.brown.edu/Applicant/ReadMe.aspxThis is going to sound like a strange request - but can anyone PM me the link to the online portal?
I could have sworn I filled out and submitted the secondary, and last Friday my gmail decided to move my entire inbox to the trash (I was able to rescue most emails) but now I can't find my Brown email with the link or the confirmation of submission.
II! Complete 7/8
II! Complete 7/8
Congrats!!! I am painstakingly refreshing my portal for this one. Would absolutely love for a chance to check this school out!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
II complete 7/31 OOS LM 70-73
Hope you get it!Congrats!!! I am painstakingly refreshing my portal for this one. Would absolutely love for a chance to check this school out!
II!
Love Alpert!! LizzyM ~70; non-trad; international.
Congrats!! When did you submit??
(Content redacted to preserve anonymity)
Last edited:
Hi everyone! I just got my secondary and I just one teeny question. For the competency classes, do they mean credit hours under the 'hour'? I'm assuming this is what it is, but lately my assumptions have not been helpful so I want to make sure. Thanks!
And good luck to everyone!
And good luck to everyone!
Yes sir/miss. Slam your credit hours in there and you are good to go. Best of luck!Hi everyone! I just got my secondary and I just one teeny question. For the competency classes, do they mean credit hours under the 'hour'? I'm assuming this is what it is, but lately my assumptions have not been helpful so I want to make sure. Thanks!
And good luck to everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll be submitting my secondary way after 2 weeks. I really like Brown but have just been busy relocating for a new job. Anyone know if this would hurt my chances?
I'll be submitting my secondary way after 2 weeks. I really like Brown but have just been busy relocating for a new job. Anyone know if this would hurt my chances?
As long as you're in before September 1 you're still considered on time.
D
deleted760180
Apologies for the hijack...but does Alpert give a bias/preference for non-PLME Brown undergrad applicants over other applicants from different private schools? I am only asking because I noticed that the post-II acceptance rate for this school is insanely high, mores than most other tops.
Thanks guys
Thanks guys
As far as I know, yes, a slight preference.Apologies for the hijack...but does Alpert give a bias/preference for non-PLME Brown undergrad applicants over other applicants from different private schools? I am only asking because I noticed that the post-II acceptance rate for this school is insanely high, mores than most other tops.
Thanks guys
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K