-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Brown University (Alpert) Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Accepted, literally going to throw up i'm so excited
Congrats! So you'll be starting this August? I'm thinking about applying. Any advice on when to apply?
Agh, I'm gonna call them this afternoon. I'm probably on the chopping block, but I haven't been rejected yet, so theres maybe a shot for getting an interview this week! #Hoping
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am in the same situation. If you find anything out please let us know! I'm curious when the last interviews will be sent out since the final interview date is only a few weeks away.Agh, I'm gonna call them this afternoon. I'm probably on the chopping block, but I haven't been rejected yet, so theres maybe a shot for getting an interview this week! #Hoping
Any signs of waitlist movement yet?
B
BadNewsBears2016
Rejected pre-II a little bit ago. Complete late September/early october.
Rejected pre-II at 7:21 AM PST. Complete 8/5/2016.
+1, pre-II. Complete early Septemberjust got the axe
+1, pre-II. Complete early September
+2
Last edited:
Rejected today (no II). Presumably they are done with IIs.
I
iandraggia
Rejected today (no II). Presumably they are done with IIs.
Tomorrow is their last interview day
Rejected pre II as well, complete in early July.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Probably too late, but 2:30I think I may have received your interview! Thank you so much! To those that have interviewed so far, when did your interview day end? Online it says the day ends at 4 pm, but not sure if that's too late to catch a 5:10 pm flight back.
I
iandraggia
Not sure if this has been covered but does AMS do post-interview rejections? I've only seen waitlists and acceptances
any recent post-II news here?
I
iandraggia
any recent post-II news here?
This upcoming Monday is the last decision day!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I
iandraggia
For ppl who have heard a post-II decision, how is it done - email? Portal update? Phone call?
Good luck to all waiting on a decision today!
Good luck to all waiting on a decision today!
Email! Good luck!
EDIT: FWIW my email came in just before 10 AM Pacific Time (back in November)
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
EDIT: FWIW my email came in just before 10 AM Pacific Time (back in November)
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Last edited:
I
iandraggia
Waitlisted 🙁 Anyone know how the waitlist movement is here?
Waitlisted 🙁 Anyone know how the waitlist movement is here?
I was also waitlisted a while ago 🙁 I think movement takes place around traffic day, so around April 30th.
Otherwise, some movement may take place as kind souls withdraw their acceptances if they get accepted at schools they prefer over Alpert.
I was also waitlisted a while ago 🙁 I think movement takes place around traffic day, so around April 30th.
Otherwise, some movement may take place as kind souls withdraw their acceptances if they get accepted at schools they prefer over Alpert.
+1
I was also waitlisted a while ago 🙁 I think movement takes place around traffic day, so around April 30th.
Otherwise, some movement may take place as kind souls withdraw their acceptances if they get accepted at schools they prefer over Alpert.
+2
+3I was also waitlisted a while ago 🙁 I think movement takes place around traffic day, so around April 30th.
Otherwise, some movement may take place as kind souls withdraw their acceptances if they get accepted at schools they prefer over Alpert.
I was also waitlisted a while ago 🙁 I think movement takes place around traffic day, so around April 30th.
Otherwise, some movement may take place as kind souls withdraw their acceptances if they get accepted at schools they prefer over Alpert.
+4 Waitlisted.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,
I was planning on applying here next cycle, but I've heard a few times that they really only accept OOS students if they are alumni from Brown. Is that true??
I was accepted and I'm OOS and not a Brown alum. I also had a friend who went to the same undergrad as me get accepted a couple of years ago. He's also OOS.
Check MSAR for exact IS vs. OOS statistics. I recommend purchasing that if you are applying. Great resource.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I was just accepted from the Waitlist!!!! So there should be some movement guys- keep the hope alive! I was waitlisted in November and sent a LOI and recommendation letter as updates to my application a while ago. My heart literally stopped when I saw the email!!!
Hey everyone,
I was planning on applying here next cycle, but I've heard a few times that they really only accept OOS students if they are alumni from Brown. Is that true??
Not a Brown Alum, OOS, going here next year! A lot of the current students I met at the interview are not from Rhode Island and did not go to Brown. Complete myth!
Yay! Good to know!Not a Brown Alum, OOS, going here next year! A lot of the current students I met at the interview are not from Rhode Island and did not go to Brown. Complete myth!
Have WL peeps been submitting LOIs and updates through the portal or direct to admissions? Portal only gives you two updates to be sent but they ask for regular communication and no one at admissions is picking up the phone .... thank so much for your help!
Have WL peeps been submitting LOIs and updates through the portal or direct to admissions? Portal only gives you two updates to be sent but they ask for regular communication and no one at admissions is picking up the phone .... thank so much for your help!
How often are people contacting the admissions office? What is the line between constant communication and just being annoying?
Someone from Admissions got back:
MD'21 Wait List Information
General Info: The wait list is notoriously hard to predict, and it is not ranked. Please know that we just finished our standard-route interviews last month (February) and will be assessing the status of all wait listed and accepted applicants over the coming months, and we will of course remember you as the wait list starts to move! This usually happens all at once around the common-response deadline (April 30), but we do make some offers before then; last year we made wait list offers from December until the very beginning of June.
Updates/Interest/Intent: You may upload any significant updates or information relating to your application via AMP. Rest assured we receive notification of your upload and document it accordingly. If you've already met your upload limit, you may email your update to [email protected]. We also welcome and take into consideration letters of interest and letters of intent (very different from each other).
Additional LORs: If someone you know would like to write an additional letter of recommendation (LOR) on your behalf, he/she may email a signed PDF version of it to [email protected].
*Please be assured that any updates, LORs, etc. will be added to your file.*
MD'21 Wait List Information
General Info: The wait list is notoriously hard to predict, and it is not ranked. Please know that we just finished our standard-route interviews last month (February) and will be assessing the status of all wait listed and accepted applicants over the coming months, and we will of course remember you as the wait list starts to move! This usually happens all at once around the common-response deadline (April 30), but we do make some offers before then; last year we made wait list offers from December until the very beginning of June.
Updates/Interest/Intent: You may upload any significant updates or information relating to your application via AMP. Rest assured we receive notification of your upload and document it accordingly. If you've already met your upload limit, you may email your update to [email protected]. We also welcome and take into consideration letters of interest and letters of intent (very different from each other).
Additional LORs: If someone you know would like to write an additional letter of recommendation (LOR) on your behalf, he/she may email a signed PDF version of it to [email protected].
*Please be assured that any updates, LORs, etc. will be added to your file.*
Hi all, I'm a third year medical student at Alpert who just completed the Longitudinal Integrated Clerkship (LIC)--what the MD-ScM program peeps will experience as their clinical rotations. Full disclosure--I love Brown and everyone should do an LIC program if they get the chance. Please PM if you have any questions about the Alpert med experience, the clinical/lifestyle experience in RI, how not to go insane while on the waitlist (people do get in off of the waitlist and flourish! I'm proof!), or how to grow really tasty basil.
Does anyone know when PCPM decisions come out?
Has anyone heard anything about the PCPM program yet?
Has anyone heard anything about the PCPM program yet?
Yeah! I just got an email acceptance last Thursday.
has anyone received financial aid letter from Brown yet? or know when it should come out? thanks
Anyone know when we'll be hearing back about financial aid today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They're postedAnyone know when we'll be hearing back about financial aid today?
They're posted
you the real mvp
I chose Brown over BU; happy to share detailed thoughts over PM.BU vs Brown? Any thoughts?
Has there been any movement here at all....?
I
iandraggia
Has there been any movement here at all....?
I think the first post-traffic day waitlist offer was made on May 3rd last year so it should be sometime this week or next!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K