2016-2017 Cooper Medical School of Rowan University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I know that the adcom meets tomorrow. I was always told to wait a week before sending thank-you notes. I just sent mine to the Director of Admissions as instructed; do you think that they'll reach my interviewers before they decide?

I'm pretty sure the ADCOMS meet on Wednesdays, unless it's different due to the holiday on Monday. Also, the thank you notes won't matter. Maybe just for your own comfort, but the thank you note isn't going to sway your interviewer's analysis of you. So even if you don't get a chance to send it, it won't be a big deal.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted. Anyone know the standard length of time to wait before sending a letter of intent?

Waitlisted. Anyone know the standard length of time to wait before sending a letter of intent?
i don't think it matters too much. i forget how long i waited exactly, but i sent about ~4ish update/interest/intent letters between when i was put on the WL (early february) and when i was accepted (may)

i don't think it matters too much. i forget how long i waited exactly, but i sent about ~4ish update/interest/intent letters between when i was put on the WL (early february) and when i was accepted (may)

Thanks! I've been scribing for around 300 hours now, do you think a letter of recommendation from the physician I'm scribing for would be a worthy update?

Thanks! I've been scribing for around 300 hours now, do you think a letter of recommendation from the physician I'm scribing for would be a worthy update?
I think so!i guess I'll never know if the updates I sent helped, but I think they did!

i emailed dr mcgeehan and dr dayton asking if updates were appropriate/accepted for ppl on high priority/reg waitlist so ima wait for them to reply before sending updates! ill post here once i get a response for anyone who is on the waitlist and not sure when/if to send updates!

Reactions: 1 user
i emailed dr mcgeehan and dr dayton asking if updates were appropriate/accepted for ppl on high priority/reg waitlist so ima wait for them to reply before sending updates! ill post here once i get a response for anyone who is on the waitlist and not sure when/if to send updates!

I'll be eagerly awaiting their response!

I emailed them shortly after I was on priority waitlist and they said that they welcome them

I emailed them shortly after I was on priority waitlist and they said that they welcome them
oh dang I wonder why they haven't replied to me yet haha which one sent the email back to you?

Edit: @CoachBoat also how long did it take for them to reply back? Thinking about if I should wait for a reply lol

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
oh dang I wonder why they haven't replied to me yet haha which one sent the email back to you?

Edit: @CoachBoat also how long did it take for them to reply back? Thinking about if I should wait for a reply lol
Within ~24 hours. This happened back in December, so they may be a little busier lated in the cycle? I think you're fine if you send it before you get a response

Within ~24 hours. This happened back in December, so they may be a little busier lated in the cycle? I think you're fine if you send it before you get a response
gotcha! maybe ill give it a few more days and then send one! who did you send your update letters to?

does anyone know this school's reputation with institutional scholarships? trying to decide if it is worth it to attend my interview on friday.

gotcha! maybe ill give it a few more days and then send one! who did you send your update letters to?
The admissions e-mail, and you'll receive a confirmation after they got it.

does anyone know this school's reputation with institutional scholarships? trying to decide if it is worth it to attend my interview on friday.
If you have an interest in the school then I would recommend going. The turn around time as far as a decision is fast. I don't really remember them making a point to mention institutional scholarships since they are a newer school. Hope this helps and good luck.

The admissions e-mail, and you'll receive a confirmation after they got it.

How long do they usually take to get back to you? I sent an email asking about sending in a new letter a couple of days ago and I haven't heard back yet.

How long do they usually take to get back to you? I sent an email asking about sending in a new letter a couple of days ago and I haven't heard back yet.
I think @CoachBoat said he/she asked about sending a letter of update and got a reply saying yes within 24 hours. Idk how long it takes to get the confirmation after sending in the actual update though. I emailed and asked if it was ok to send updates about 3-4 weeks ago and havent gotten a reply yet

I think @CoachBoat said he/she asked about sending a letter of update and got a reply saying yes within 24 hours. Idk how long it takes to get the confirmation after sending in the actual update though. I emailed and asked if it was ok to send updates about 3-4 weeks ago and havent gotten a reply yet

3-4 weeks? Oh my. Do you think it would it be worth it to shoot an email to the Assistant to the Dean Michele Puliti? I'd really like to know now so that I can give my doc enough time to write a letter.

3-4 weeks? Oh my. Do you think it would it be worth it to shoot an email to the Assistant to the Dean Michele Puliti? I'd really like to know now so that I can give my doc enough time to write a letter.
haha i understand how you feel! and idk, when I sent the email asking if an update was okay, I sent it to the admissions email, dr dayton, and dr mcgeehan so I was hoping for a response by now. @CoachBoat was saying how his/her reply email could have been so quick because maybe they werent as busy in Dec compared to now? I might just wait till the end of this week and then send an update...not sure what to do! or maybe we could call the office of admissions?

haha i understand how you feel! and idk, when I sent the email asking if an update was okay, I sent it to the admissions email, dr dayton, and dr mcgeehan so I was hoping for a response by now. @CoachBoat was saying how his/her reply email could have been so quick because maybe they werent as busy in Dec compared to now? I might just wait till the end of this week and then send an update...not sure what to do! or maybe we could call the office of admissions?

I've tried calling. If you select the option about contacting the admission's office as an applicant there's a pre-recorded message that says that due to increased call volume we should direct all questions to the [email protected]. It might be faster to mash buttons until you get to an operator haha. I just want the best chance I can of getting off the wait-list at my top choice :(

Are all of you waiting for a response regarding update letters? If you are on hold, I think you should just send them in (based on previous responses).

Best of luck!

Are all of you waiting for a response regarding update letters? If you are on hold, I think you should just send them in (based on previous responses).

Best of luck!
haha yes I think we are both on priority waitlist or waitlist post-interview! I know they dont accept updates pre interview so wanted to make sure it was appropriate to do so when on the waitlist. @MeltingIceCube just out of curiosity, do you know how many people are accepted off the OOS high priority waitlist?

Update letters post interview are encouraged :luck:
should they be in email form or attach a Word doc? also, which email is best to send it to: admissions, dr dayton or dr mcgeehan, or all?! sorry for all the questions! just trying to find out as much information as possible!

should they be in email form or attach a Word doc? also, which email is best to send it to: admissions, dr dayton or dr mcgeehan, or all?! sorry for all the questions! just trying to find out as much information as possible!

+1

haha yes I think we are both on priority waitlist or waitlist post-interview! I know they dont accept updates pre interview so wanted to make sure it was appropriate to do so when on the waitlist. @MeltingIceCube just out of curiosity, do you know how many people are accepted off the OOS high priority waitlist?
Unfortunately, I do not know anything about the waitlist or waitlist movement. However, I do know that students have been accepted after sending in updates post-interview (due to being put on the waitlist).

If I were you, I would send it. Cooper is amazing.

I would send it as a PDF (it's professional, IMO) to either Dr. Dayton or Dr. McGeehan (or both). However, I doubt you would be judged for putting it into the body of an email or into a word doc.

I put mine as a PDF attachment with a short message in the actual e-mail saying what it was.

I sent it as PDF! To admissions email and cc'd both Dr. McGeehan and Dr. Dayton

Any march 3rd interviewees hear anything?
I also didn't hear anything and I interviewed 2 weeks ago. And they told me I would definitely hear back after this meeting. So maybe they didnt meet or just didnt get to the emails. Anyway, you should have heard even if it was just a "wait another two weeks email" (which is what I got last time)

I interviewed 2/17 and STILL haven't heard back. I don't think the committee met last week, but they did this week so idk what's up.

I interviewed 2/17 and STILL haven't heard back. I don't think the committee met last week, but they did this week so idk what's up.
Yep same here. I'm thinking they didn't get to emails yet or something. So strange.

I'm just going to throw this out there (note, this is purely opinion), but match day is exactly 7 days from now so I am assuming that the majority of resources are being utilized for that particular event (explaining the delay some of you are experiencing).

I'm just going to throw this out there (note, this is purely opinion), but match day is exactly 7 days from now so I am assuming that the majority of resources are being utilized for that particular event (explaining the delay some of you are experiencing).
Hm.. I know the adcom isn't full time but match day preparation could mean not getting a hold email either?

Hey all! I am a IS resident thinking about applying ED here this upcoming cycle. I really feel like I fit with the school's mission and I was hoping I could get some advice from applicants or medical students. My GPA/scGPA: 3.65/3.59 from a top school, MCAT:506, but I think the most important reason as to why I am interested in ED @ Cooper is because I have several long-term experiences of service with undeserved communities in my city and with students from my school community. Thank you so much and best of luck to those during this cycle:)

I don't think theyre expected and not really sure if they help but I sent them and got in so I'm basing it off that. I think I sent in about 4-5 combined updates/letters of interest. I was put on the waitlist around this time last year so I sent them between now and when I got accepted in may! Hope that helps

what did you include in these multiple letter- how did you keep from sounding redundant, or is that kind of the point in reiterating your interest and dedication to their mission etc?

The committee is meeting today, and a batch of acceptances will go out tomorrow.