2016-2017 Cooper Medical School of Rowan University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
THAT's what I was worried about since I'm OOS (NY).
if it helps, that could be a good thing bc OOS acceptees are more likely to give up their acceptance than IS! but i know they only have so many OOS matriculants

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Changing the discussion a little-- did anyone receive any II's recently? (past 2 weeks) or towards the end of December

Does anyone have any hotel recommendations for the interview? I'll have a car and am flying in and out of Philadelphia.

IS and still no news? I guess it's not rejection, so that's a plus?

Do any accepted students know officially when the first deposit is due?

Anyone else who was accepted set on going here? Can't wait for August.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I believe the $100 deposit is permanently waived (mine is waived as well). The next sum of money that will be required should be due around the start of school (similar to undergrad, I'm guessing).

I paid the $100 deposit when I accepted the offer. Maybe only select applicants are waived?

I haven't been accepted, fingers crossed I get off the priority waitlist. But I would assume that maybe those that used FAP during the interview process may be the ones that also had the initial deposit waived. Just a guess but that would be the only thing that makes sense to me
Edit: and obviously we would never know since that's not something I would expect anyone to openly disclose. :)

I paid the $100 deposit when I accepted the offer. Maybe only select applicants are waived?
Very strange... can I ask when you were accepted? I was accepted in October so maybe they waived in the beginning? Just trying to figure this out to make sure I'm not unknowingly losing my seat!! Haha

I haven't been accepted, fingers crossed I get off the priority waitlist. But I would assume that maybe those that used FAP during the interview process may be the ones that also had the initial deposit waived. Just a guess but that would be the only thing that makes sense to me
Edit: and obviously we would never know since that's not something I would expect anyone to openly disclose. :)

Most likely. I was FAP and I had my deposit waived.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Interview invite! Complete early August. LizzyM ~74, OOS. Only date I saw available was February 17.

Reactions: 3 users
II today, OOS NY. Complete late September.
Interview scheduled for March 10th.
I clicked on Feb 17th, but it was too late.
March 3rd is another available date, but I think that's it.

II today for me too! Complete 11/2 LM 72. So excited!

II today, OOS NY. Complete late September.
Interview scheduled for March 10th.
I clicked on Feb 17th, but it was too late.
March 3rd is another available date, but I think that's it.

For one, Congrats on the II! Keep checking the app portal though. I initially had an II set up for Feb. and was able to move it to December as some folks dropped their II's!

Congrats to everyone that got an II, today! I'm still waiting to hear back on a final decision. Fingers crossed for those waiting with me -- here's to some good new tmrw!

For one, Congrats on the II! Keep checking the app portal though. I initially had an II set up for Feb. and was able to move it to December as some folks dropped their II's!

Congrats to everyone that got an II, today! I'm still waiting to hear back on a final decision. Fingers crossed for those waiting with me -- here's to some good new tmrw!
Were you able to change your date just online or did you have to call? Hope you get good news!

Were you able to change your date just online or did you have to call? Hope you get good news!

I used the portal. I'd check daily and once I saw available dates open I used the app portal to email admissions for a date change due to convenience. They respond via the email on your AMCAS.

Oh wow, sweet. Good looking out!

Can someone explain what exactly the patient interaction part of the interview is? I've honestly never heard of that in an interview before..

Can someone explain what exactly the patient interaction part of the interview is? I've honestly never heard of that in an interview before..

There is really no way to explain it without giving away what it is, which would violate the agreement we made with Cooper. The best tip is just to be yourself. You'll get an explanation the day of the interview. There is no way to prep for it so try not to sweat it! I know it's easier said than done but when I went into the interview I understand why other posters here gave that same advice.

What I can tell you is during my interview day a ton of other folks agreed that it was actually the fun part of the interview!

Did anyone that was expecting to hear back about admissions today? I thought they were going to send out some results.

Last edited:
There is really no way to explain it without giving away what it is, which would violate the agreement we made with Cooper. The best tip is just to be yourself. You'll get an explanation the day of the interview. There is no way to prep for it so try not to sweat it! I know it's easier said than done but when I went into the interview I understand why other posters here gave that same advice.

What I can tell you is during my interview day a ton of other folks agreed that it was actually the fun part of the interview!
That's good to know, thanks!

Did anyone that was expecting to hear back about admissions today? I thought they were going to send out some results.

I was expecting to hear back today as well but so far silence. No news is good news, right? Hmm

Sorry if this was discussed before but does this school accept updates or should I bring an updated resume to my interview?

does cooper just tend to reject pre-II at the end of the cycle? I haven't heard anything since I was complete in early September.

Sorry if this was discussed before but does this school accept updates or should I bring an updated resume to my interview?

I called. They want no updates, they do not accept them. So I would just update them during your interview.

ACCEPTED via email! First MD acceptance and could not be happier to join the CMSRU community. Interviewed Jan 6

Reactions: 5 users
510/3.8 cGPA/3.7 sGPA. more than anything, I don't think I fit the school's mission well

Those are some great stats! I hope you have better luck in other schools. I hope you don't mind my questions, but would you mind expanding on your ecs? Just because my numbers are super close to yours (3.7) and I'm really hoping for cooper.

Those are some great stats! I hope you have better luck in other schools. I hope you don't mind my questions, but would you mind expanding on your ecs? Just because my numbers are super close to yours (3.7) and I'm really hoping for cooper.

No I don't mind! Message me

hey guys idk if you are allowed to answer this but is the patient interaction part of the interview similar to an MMI format/feel?

Does anyone know if this school offers study/rotations abroad opportunities?

I used the portal. I'd check daily and once I saw available dates open I used the app portal to email admissions for a date change due to convenience. They respond via the email on your AMCAS.
How long did it take for them to respond to this? I emailed and called them and I have yet to hear anything and it's been nearly half a day. Is that normal? Sorry for the super delayed question!

Sorry if this was answered already, but how long does the typical interview day last? And is it closed file or open file? Thank you!

Sorry if this was answered already, but how long does the typical interview day last? And is it closed file or open file? Thank you!
interview day is about 4 hours all said and done. you have a tour, financial pres, patient encouters which are fun not stressful, and the personal interview. Mine was with two people, one had my file the other did not. hope this helps!