2016-2017 Duke University Application Thread

Started by WedgeDawg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wish they'd just rip off the band-aid. Been rejected or waitlisted everywhere else I applied, so let's get this over with so that I can wallow in self-doubt for the next year...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IMG_4278.JPG
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also irrational thinking, two people who interviewed in October got phone calls so they must have already called the September people aka I'm not getting one


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Also irrational thinking, two people who interviewed in October got phone calls so they must have already called the September people aka I'm not getting one


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I doubt they're doing it that way. I'm sure it's more random than that, or maybe by their internal ranking or something, but I sincerely doubt by interview date.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do they call by interview date?
I don't believe so. Last year there was a lot of effort put into trying to make sense of some kind of order of acceptances. The consensus was that there is no order. I think lists are sent out to those who make calls, these people obviously have different schedules so the times that they get around to making calls may vary.