-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Florida Atlantic University (Schmidt) Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
It said "employment not related to patient care," my employment is related to patient care so I wasn't going to repeat my essays from my primary or ignore their directions lolYou actually wrote none for one of them?? Also, I didn't get a confirmation email either.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got it this week (sounds like they didn't send any before this week,) and I was processed 6/14Just submitted my primary application. How long did it take for you guys to get secondaries?
I was verified and transmitted day 1 and haven't received anything. So I don't think that's the case.
^Same
Hi guys! Did any of you experience any problems with the FAU Secondary Portal? For some reason, I tried to log in and it would not recognize my email address and password. And when I tried to reset my password with my e-mail address, it would not recognize it. I was working on it the other day.
so for the prompts in parenthesis, it says "not related to patient care if non, please write none" does that mean you can't write about any experiences related to patientcare for the prompts? The wording kinda confusing
I had the same question, can someone call the school to confirm and tell us what they say
I had the same question, can someone call the school to confirm and tell us what they say
Last year's said the same thing I believe. I was baffled at first too, but I think maybe it's to see if you did any volunteering or had activities that were not directly aimed at improving your med school app/gaining clinical experience. Could be wrong, but just a thought.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
6
691622
they added another comma i think lmao, it means what you think it means.
Anyone else have a status change yet? Mine now says "Preliminary review in progress". So nervous!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
"Current Status: Preliminary Review Completed" -- I'm not sure when it changed!
"Current Status: Preliminary Review Completed" -- I'm not sure when it changed!
Wow! When did you submit?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have not received one either. If you do call let me know what they say 😉Still no secondary. Do you guys think I should call them?
I submitted the first day they sent out the secondaries! Can't remember off the top of my head when that was!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
+1 let us know what they sayI have not received one either. If you do call let me know what they say 😉
for the question on creative endeavor, should I avoid mentioning a sport i am heavily involved in. dont think its really a "creative" endeavor but just wanted to see peoples opinions here
That's a stretch
Anyone else have a status change yet? Mine now says "Preliminary review in progress". So nervous!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Same! Also submitted first day, which I believe was 7/26.
+1 and was verified by AMCAS Day 1is there anyone who still hasn't received a secondary?
+2+1 and was verified by AMCAS Day 1
so for the prompts in parenthesis, it says "not related to patient care if non, please write none" does that mean you can't write about any experiences related to patientcare for the prompts? The wording kinda confusing
what are the character limits for the prompts?
Same here, I wonder if they're going in reverse order of verification lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From what I read in last year's forum, they send secondaries in waves. Hopefully we are apart of the next wave.Same here, I wonder if they're going in reverse order of verification lol
For those of you who haven't gotten secondaries yet, are you IS or OOS?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
IS
For those of you who haven't gotten secondaries yet, are you IS or OOS?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
IS no secondary. Verified day 1For those of you who haven't gotten secondaries yet, are you IS or OOS?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my SM-G930P using SDN mobile
.
Last edited:
+2IS and still no secondary. D:
Has anyone reached out to them yet regarding the word/character count for the secondary essays besides the first one? Thanks
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I would stick with the word count of the first one. If they don't mention a word count.....then there is no word count. 
Words of advice.. Just say what you have to say without them looking at it and saying...I have to read all this?

Words of advice.. Just say what you have to say without them looking at it and saying...I have to read all this?
I would stick with the word count of the first one. If they don't mention a word count.....then there is no word count.
Words of advice.. Just say what you have to say without them looking at it and saying...I have to read all this?
Agreed. I used the first character count as a guideline. I think one of my essays may have been slightly over, but only by like 100 characters max.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Agreed. I used the first character count as a guideline. I think one of my essays may have been slightly over, but only by like 100 characters max.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
same
S
spartawdw
For those of you who haven't gotten secondaries yet, are you IS or OOS?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
OOS. Sorry to break the trend
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still no secondary. I might have to fully exploit my SDN neuroticism and leave the miami airport during my layover Saturday to go talk to them! Haha
Sent from my SM-G930P using SDN mobile
Sent from my SM-G930P using SDN mobile
Lol that is an hour away, I advise against this plan strongly!Still no secondary. I might have to fully exploit my SDN neuroticism and leave the miami airport during my layover Saturday to go talk to them! Haha
Sent from my SM-G930P using SDN mobile
Sent from my LGMS631 using SDN mobile
Uber for the win!Lol that is an hour away, I advise against this plan strongly!
Sent from my LGMS631 using SDN mobile
.
Last edited: