2016-2017 Florida International University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have not! i was actually wondering why i had not gotten it
You'll receive it!
I received mine about a month after my portal acceptance

Members don't see this ad.

So who else is anxiously waiting for next week's post interview decisions? 11/21/16 interviewee here.

Members don't see this ad :)
II here this week! LM ~70ish, OOS. Only dates currently showing up are the 9th and 13th of next week. Have other interviewees had only a couple of dates to choose from on the scheduling calendar or is this an indication that they are nearly done? I'm very thankful and super excited, but its a veryyy long way away for me and flight prices are insane being this close to the date. I'm just concerned about interviewing for the waitlist after all this trouble. Any input is appreciated!

Reactions: 4 users
II here this week! LM ~70ish, OOS. Only dates currently showing up are the 9th and 13th of next week. Have other interviewees had only a couple of dates to choose from on the scheduling calendar or is this an indication that they are nearly done? I'm very thankful and super excited, but its a veryyy long way away for me and flight prices are insane being this close to the date. I'm just concerned about interviewing for the waitlist after all this trouble. Any input is appreciated!

Congratulations! It seems like FIU often hands out II's the week before the actual interview at this point in the cycle. Good news is that it's a pretty low stress interview. Just know the basics and you'll be fine. Just a tidbit, don't fly into Fort Lauderdale airport. It's usually more expensive than Miami International.

Interview Invitation!!!! First MD!!!!!! Super excited and nervous:):(

Reactions: 10 users
II :love: so excited!

complete in july, so there's hope!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II- LM 65 and submitted early july

Reactions: 5 users
II for next Friday! Are many of you interviewing then?

Withdrew my II, hope it goes to one of you!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
Interview Invitation!!!! First MD!!!!!! Super excited and nervous:):(

II :love: so excited!

complete in july, so there's hope!

II just now!

II- LM 65 and submitted early july

II for next Friday! Are many of you interviewing then?

Congrats all! What application status did y'all have? I have been stuck on "Application Status: Secondary Application Completed" since 6/28.

Congrats all! What application status did y'all have? I have been stuck on "Application Status: Secondary Application Completed" since 6/28.
Pretty sure I jumped from that straight to the interview invite

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to all those that have received an II!

Just curious, has everyone that has received an II had a committee letter? Or has there been people who got it with solely individual letters?

Just curious, has everyone that has received an II had a committee letter? Or has there been people who got it with solely individual letters?

Thank you .. I had individual letters

Reactions: 1 user

I had a committee letter!

I had a committee letter from FIU. :)

Anyone still at "Preliminary Review Completed?"

FWIW, if I had to pick the two or three schools I least expected an II from (out of the schools I had yet to hear from), FIU would certainly be near the top of that list and I randomly got an II last week from them without any status update besides "secondary application completed". Don't lose faith yet if you haven't had any status changes either is all I'm saying!

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone still at "Preliminary Review Completed?"

+1. mine updated 1/7/17. It's after a bunch of people here got their interview notifications on 1/5/17. Could mean two things: we didn't make that cut and they going to email us our rejections or we are barely made it but they going to consider us down the road

Just got the WL email. Bummer =/ . Congrats on those soon to be called!

Edit: Got TWO emails from FIU saying the same thing. That's a bit cruel. :shrug:

Last edited:

Edit: Got TWO emails from FIU saying the same thing. That's a bit cruel. :shrug:
+1 the second email was pretty brutal lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using SDN mobile

Not gonna lie. I feel semi defeated. This feels like yea sure, I got a workable car that will get me from point A to point B, but this nice shiny corvette has been dangled in front of me and now I gotta wait a bunch of months before finding out if I get it or not.

Can't help but admit I got a bit of hope that the first email was an error when I saw the second one.

Dam, even sent a LOI post interview and everything.

Not gonna lie. I feel semi defeated. This feels like yea sure, I got a workable car that will get me from point A to point B, but this nice shiny corvette has been dangled in front of me and now I gotta wait a bunch of months before finding out if I get it or not.

Can't help but admit I got a bit of hope that the first email was an error when I saw the second one.

Dam, even sent a LOI post interview and everything.
It's okay just stay positive. There will be plenty of wait list movement between now and matriculation day.

It's okay just stay positive. There will be plenty of wait list movement between now and matriculation day.

Thanks lol. I know, but it sucks not having a definitive answer and having to wait months now.

This is how the WL feels in one gif:

PCnzdvo.gif

Hey! I submitted my secondary way late like mid December and recently on 1/5 my status changed to preliminary review completed. Typically how long do people wait once in this phase for an interview?

Hey! I submitted my secondary way late like mid December and recently on 1/5 my status changed to preliminary review completed. Typically how long do people wait once in this phase for an interview?

I had that status for almost 5 months before I got my interview invite, however it's way past "peak" season so you may hear back much sooner. Its also different for everyone a lot of people heard back much sooner than I did and they submitted their secondaries around the same time so not really sure honestly.

Reactions: 1 users
I have been complete since 9/22/16 and my status still says "secondary application completed." Uhh should I be worried/contact someone?

I have been complete since 9/22/16 and my status still says "secondary application completed." Uhh should I be worried/contact someone?

I've seen a lot of people say that we shouldn't worry about these statuses on the secondary portal, I feel your pain though. My status hasn't changed since 8/12/16 and I can't help but panic daily.

Sorry to hear guys :/ I hope you get off later in the cycle! just curious, are you guys IS or OOS?

Got an interview today!!! So excited!

Reactions: 8 users
Does anyone know if there's been a date set yet for Second Look?

II :D 1/30/2017 woohoo!!