You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 George Washington University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Accepted off the alternate list this afternoon! Received an email from the assistant dean asking if I was still interested, and then was asked to give her a call! Hopefully more movement soon! Good luck all!
Congratulations!!!!
When did you interview?
Do you mind sharing your MCAT score?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Congratulations!!!!
When did you interview?
Do you mind sharing your MCAT score?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed the last week of November (Didn't submit secondary application until October).
Last edited:
Congrats! Did you send a letter of intent or interest letters?I interviewed the last week of November (Didn't submit secondary application until October). My MCAT was 508
Congrats!!! Do you mind sharing anything that you have done that may have contributed to being taken off the waitlist? Letter of intent, email to the dean, etc?Accepted off the alternate list this afternoon! Received an email from the assistant dean asking if I was still interested, and then was asked to give her a call! Hopefully more movement soon! Good luck all!
I also got the email from the Assistant Dean yesterday afternoon. I submitted two application updates including the continued interest one in March, I had 2 new recommendation letters sent in, and when I was placed on the alternate list I called the admissions office to ask if there was anyone I could speak with or meet with to discuss my interest in GW, and they informed me that Kevin Nies, the Director of Admissions does meet with interested students that are placed on the alternate list, so I met with him. I think all of these contributed to me getting the email from the Assistant Dean yesterday, but I think the meeting showing my interest had the greatest impact.
.
Last edited:
A phone meeting was an option, but I live in Virginia so I chose to do an in-person meeting.Do you live in DC or was this a phone cell?
Was also accepted off the alternate list 🙂 I interviewed between August-October. The only update I sent was in March to stay on the alternate list, and I also participated in the webcast. I think my update letter was very well written with substantial reasons for why I wanted to come to GW. My LizzyM is 70-72.
Any other movement today?
I think someone had mentioned in a much earlier post that the committee was meeting on Tuesdays and Thursdays so I imagine people should be hearing back on Wednesdays and Fridays.
Accepted from the alternate pool this morning!! I interviewed in September. Got an email and request to call them back and confirm my interest. So unreal - I'm a reapplicant from a few years ago and this is my first acceptance. Keep believing!!!
WOW! Congratulations!!!!Accepted from the alternate pool this morning!! I interviewed in September. Got an email and request to call them back and confirm my interest. So unreal - I'm a reapplicant from a few years ago and this is my first acceptance. Keep believing!!!
Do you mind sharing your GPA and MCAT?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats everyone! From last years threads, it looks like the waitlist moved in a large lump of people in the beginning, and then didnt move for a while until one or two in June. I hope thats not the case this time!
I have been accepted off the alternate list! Interviewed in Jan.
LizzyM score: 65
I withdrew from the other few schools I was accepted too.
Did you get accepted today? Any insight on the alternate list movement by any chance?
Did you get accepted today? Any insight on the alternate list movement by any chance?
I was accepted about 1.5-2 weeks ago.
1
Last edited:
Has there really been no movement since the first few days of May?
Ya, seems to be following the same pattern as last year
uGHHYa, seems to be following the same pattern as last year
Just withdrew, hope one of you get my spot.
------
Last edited:
Accepted off the waitlist 5/24 early around 9-10am west coast time
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Congratulations, that is inspiring! Do you mind me asking when you interviewed?Accepted off the waitlist 5/24 early around 9-10am west coast time
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Oh yah, I interviewed back in early November, waitlisted mis January.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was recently accepted & was wondering if anyone who is also accepted could send me the overview of the curriculum and the schedule for orientation/white coat ceremony/ etc. Thank you! & Congrats on everyone's acceptances!
When were you accepted?
Was also accepted! Would love to get a link to the FB group
Was also accepted! Would love to get a link to the FB group
When were you accepted?
Log into Facebook | Facebook
I was accepted today by phone call!
Also, where do we send our transcripts, I can't seem to find it...
Just got the acceptance call this afternoon!!!! Interviewed in November (on election day)!!!
I interviewed before January!
Did anyone who has been pulled off the alternate list interview past November/December? It kinda looks like they're moving in order
Accepted students, do you know when we get information on vaccinations/requirements? Do we get something in the mail? Or is it an email later?
Thanks!
Thanks!
Question for accepted students-do we get any information on how to find housing/academic calendar, etc? Also, could someone send the link to the facebook page for accepted students?!
Hah! We asked at the same time. The Facebook link is a few posts above thisQuestion for accepted students-do we get any information on how to find housing/academic calendar, etc? Also, could someone send the link to the facebook page for accepted students?!
Lol whoops. Thanks!Hah! We asked at the same time. The Facebook link is a few posts above this
Dont lose faith keep probably 50% are current medical students who are trying to pawn off their apts, answer questions, etcFacebook group is up to 172, I'm out.. haha
Congrats to everyone who got recently accepted to this incredible school!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah. 🙁Did anyone else get an email saying "It is highly unlikely that there will be any additional movement from the alternate pool." today?
I knew this was gonna happen, but it's still a nice little punch to the gut.
Last edited:
Yup. I got three interviews (out of twenty-one secondaries) and GW was the only school to not reject me outright so it was a difficult email to receive. After two application cycles in a row (this was my first time applying to GW), I will not be reapplying this year in order to spend time addressing the weak areas in my application. For those of you reapplying in 2018, I hope we meet at interviews!Did anyone else get an email saying "It is highly unlikely that there will be any additional movement from the alternate pool." today?
And good luck to those reapplying this coming cycle! You got this! 🙂
Last edited:
I was accepted off the waitlist last week, but I've decided to withdraw for another school. At least 1 spot is open now!
*brain explodes*I was accepted off the waitlist last week, but I've decided to withdraw for another school. At least 1 spot is open now!
Hi,
I know this post may be a little random but I'm going to be an M1 at Howard university this coming fall. I just got a two bedroom condo in D.C. and I'm looking for a roommate. I understand that there might be students still looking for places, so I wanted to extend the offer to students who are from other medical schools in the D.C. area. If anyone in this forum has been accepted and is interested in being roommates, please message me. If someone could also send me the FB group link so I can private message the admins this info that will be great! Good luck everyone and sorry for the weirdness!
I know this post may be a little random but I'm going to be an M1 at Howard university this coming fall. I just got a two bedroom condo in D.C. and I'm looking for a roommate. I understand that there might be students still looking for places, so I wanted to extend the offer to students who are from other medical schools in the D.C. area. If anyone in this forum has been accepted and is interested in being roommates, please message me. If someone could also send me the FB group link so I can private message the admins this info that will be great! Good luck everyone and sorry for the weirdness!