2016-2017 Georgetown University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ACCEPTED!!! received a call from the Dean!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
So if we haven't heard anything about IIs or rejections, and we submitted in August, is it safe to say that we're most likely not getting an invite at this point? Now that acceptances are going out?
No, I'm pretty sure it's still early. This is just the very first round of acceptances.

Lizzie 71-72 Completed July, interviewed mid September.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think they said 8-10 weeks at interview day, but this was closer to 6 weeks for me.
Someone asked earlier about the number, it was just a DC number.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has anyone else who interviewed in August not heard anything back yet (email, phone, portal, whatever)? I'm just bracing myself for a rejection some time real soon.

Has anyone else who interviewed in August not heard anything back yet (email, phone, portal, whatever)? I'm just bracing myself for a rejection some time real soon.
+1

Members don't see this ad :)
Just rejected via email. Bewildered and heartbroken, I thought my interview went great and like I truly connected with my interviewer.

Waitlisted :(

Anyone knows what the waitlist movement is like here ?

anyone know how long it takes for them to give any response after you submit your secondary?

when did you interview?
Who cares. She just got rejected. Have a little tact.

Just rejected via email. Bewildered and heartbroken, I thought my interview went great and like I truly connected with my interviewer.

That sucks so much. I can't wait until you get an MD acceptance and forget about this.

Reactions: 5 users

That sucks so much. I can't wait until you get an MD acceptance and forget about this.

Thank you so much<3 this truly is comforting.

i assume we are still okay and in the running?
I would think so...I mean they have been sending plenty of rejections, so if we haven't gotten one I believe we still have a shot at an interview at least.

i assume we are still okay and in the running?

It's not over until u get a rejection. From last year's posts, they will continue to send a large amount of pre-II rejections in a somewhat linear fashion based on complete date. However, they also continue to send a decent amount of II's. Pretty sure by now they have read through almost all of the completed apps and we are kinda stuck in limbo. not all hope is lost yet tho!

It's not over until u get a rejection. From last year's posts, they will continue to send a large amount of pre-II rejections in a somewhat linear fashion based on complete date. However, they also continue to send a decent amount of II's. Pretty sure by now they have read through almost all of the completed apps and we are kinda stuck in limbo. not all hope is lost yet tho!
For those of us complete in July without an II, would it be a good idea to send a letter of some sort, expressing sincere interest? or is it time to accept that a rejection is heading our way?

For those of us complete in July without an II, would it be a good idea to send a letter of some sort, expressing sincere interest? or is it time to accept that a rejection is heading our way?

Probably not. What will you update them with? Unless you have a significant achievement it's not recommended you send an update. And if you are writing to them simply to express your interest, you're probably hurting yourself more than helping. Sit tight and GL!!

A lot.

Very few people get outright accepted at GT

My host said a lot of people in her class were initially waitlisted, including her

This is very comforting to know! I interviewed late August and was wait listed this morning. I'm just very grateful I still have an opportunity for acceptance.. Best of luck to everyone else holding on!:happy:

And just a few hours later I got my first acceptance to one of my other favorite schools! Overjoyed doesn't cover it.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear from Georgetown!

Reactions: 14 users
And just a few hours later I got my first acceptance to one of my other favorite schools! Overjoyed doesn't cover it.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear from Georgetown!

AYYYYY that didn't last long lol

Reactions: 2 users
I feel like I am in some sort of B-pile. Was completed end of July/early August, haven't gotten an interview but also no rejection. This happened with one other school and I ended up getting an interview offer for like 1 week in advance, so I think it's "oh we didn't fill up this weeks interview spot/people cancelled, come thru."

Reactions: 1 users
I feel like I am in some sort of B-pile. Was completed end of July/early August, haven't gotten an interview but also no rejection. This happened with one other school and I ended up getting an interview offer for like 1 week in advance, so I think it's "oh we didn't fill up this weeks interview spot/people cancelled, come thru."
I thought i was in the b pile too, but I just got rejected

rejected.. i hate how you can tell by the subject line of "Admissions Decision".... prior to II

Uh oh...is it happening again? :scared:

8/13/16
3.4 gpa 515

Thanks for the quick reply! Sorry to hear that man. My complete date is way before yours; I think they completely skipped over me.

I got accepted on Monday 10/17/16! What a freaking journey! Good luck to others!

Reactions: 8 users
II! LM 70-73. It's not over yall Ive been complete since July 20th

Reactions: 10 users
I was complete about July 20th as well, but just got rejected about an hour ago. Lizzy M 74

I was complete about July 20th as well, but just got rejected about an hour ago. Lizzy M 74
I'm so sorry! You've been waiting so long. That's really hard. Good luck with the rest of your apps!