2016-2017 Georgetown University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
dahhhh im finally cut

complete 8/2

Sorry to hear we've lost a fellow in arms. Hath George no reverence for normal business hours? Must I be weary at all hours of my day?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I mentioned you guys in that "interview bursts" thread if you want another freak7 short story-ish thing to lift your spirits.

Reactions: 1 users
How soon is too soon for the letter of interest? :beaver:
I just interviewed yesterday and I want to send one now :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to hear we've lost a fellow in arms. Hath George no reverence for normal business hours? Must I be weary at all hours of my day?
Shall I state: worst admissions staff in the country ??? ;)

Reactions: 1 user
How soon is too soon for the letter of interest? :beaver:
I just interviewed yesterday and I want to send one now :confused:

You should send your thank you first, most people probably wait until waitlisted for a letter of interest.

Hey guys!
So i have a interview here next week. Im really unsure of what clothes to wear and pack for the weather. I live in an area that rarely gets below like 70 degrees. So, i'm probably more sensitive to the cold than most. The weather in DC next week says about low of 40 High of 65. Do i need long sleeves, boots, and a coat or short sleeves and a thick coat? Its really embarrassing to ask a question that seems like common sense, but idk lol.

Hey guys!
So i have a interview here next week. Im really unsure of what clothes to wear and pack for the weather. I live in an area that rarely gets below like 70 degrees. So, i'm probably more sensitive to the cold than most. The weather in DC next week says about low of 40 High of 65. Do i need long sleeves, boots, and a coat or short sleeves and a thick coat? Its really embarrassing to ask a question that seems like common sense, but idk lol.
For your interview, your suit jacket should keep you warm enough while you're outside. For walking around otherwise, I'd definitely say bring a coat, but it doesn't need to be that thick depending on how sensitive you are to cold.

Accepted here recently! Absolutely love Georgetown!

Do any accepted people want to start a facebook page for the class of 2021?

Accepted here recently! Absolutely love Georgetown!

Do any accepted people want to start a facebook page for the class of 2021?

If I'm not mistaken I believe someone from the school made it last year

Awful quiet here.. Complete late August and still waiting for an II.. Please Georgetown! :angelic:

Reactions: 9 users
Just submitted my Letter of Interest! Love me G-town! :love:

Reactions: 4 users
II today, complete 8/3, LizzyM 74, international. Very excited to visit!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It's way to quiet in here. I guess people will post when there's news to share.

So just to confirm the overal consensus is not to send any kind of letter of intent pre-II??

II today. So surreal. I would've never thought this would happen. Complete 8/1, LM 69.

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone remember how long after your interview you're supposed to hear and on which day the committee releases decisions? Thank you in advance.

Does anyone remember how long after your interview you're supposed to hear and on which day the committee releases decisions? Thank you in advance.

They said 8-10 weeks. I don't recall being given a specific date at my interview.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I was also waitlisted today, and I interviewed on October 13th. I'm sorry if anybody has asked this question before, but does Georgetown release any type of ranking for the waitlist?

Waitlisted post-interview! Interviewed on Oct. 3rd :)

I was also waitlisted today, and I interviewed on October 13th. I'm sorry if anybody has asked this question before, but does Georgetown release any type of ranking for the waitlist?

Not sure about the waitlist ranking, but I know that Georgetown focuses on waitlisted applicants who communicate with them post-waitlist. So make sure y'all update them on your intent to go and anything else! I just remember them saying applicants who fail to communicate after a waitlist decision are pretty much never accepted. Best of luck!

*Looks around cautiously* Did... did I survive another onslaught of George's fury? Is there anyone else still alive (pre-II) out there?

After I was WL I basically sent them a LOI/update on the portal but I know they like you to keep them up to date, and you are allowed 5 submissions. Just curious what each submission should contain? Seems redundant to send them 5 LOIs, and I haven't done much in terms of volunteering etc since I was WL because I work 40+ hours a week as a scribe. Any thoughts on what to write?

What does it mean if people who have been interviewed before and after you have decisions and you don't? Anyone have any idea?

Rejected pre-II. Complete late September :(

*Looks around cautiously* Did... did I survive another onslaught of George's fury? Is there anyone else still alive (pre-II) out there?

I was complete 8/22, and haven't heard anything regarding II or rejection. So still alive, I think?

thought I safely avoided the axe yesterday, but just got rejected :yeahright:

For those that have been accepted, how soon after the phone call did you get further correspondence, be it email/portal change/letter, to confirm your acceptance?

For those that have been accepted, how soon after the phone call did you get further correspondence, be it email/portal change/letter, to confirm your acceptance?

Just got the call this afternoon, and I got an email and portal update a couple hours after.

How does George feel about ITA's?