Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did any other oos applicants without any ties get IIs? What were your stats or background experience?
TN resident without ties. 3.3 uGPA, 3.6 gGPA, 510 MCAT. Lots of clinical experience and service.
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Did any other oos applicants without any ties get IIs? What were your stats or background experience?
LizzyM 65Did any other oos applicants without any ties get IIs? What were your stats or background experience?
Did any other oos applicants without any ties get IIs? What were your stats or background experience?
LizzyM ~65, OOS, no ties whatsoever, good writer (I really think this helps a lot), lots of work with underserved populations and a lot of scribing and teaching experienceDid any other oos applicants without any ties get IIs? What were your stats or background experience?
congratulations that's awesome! so does your portal still say 'under consideration'? i think the whole process is obscure so no worries
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile


Quick question for those accepted;
are they sending these acceptances to your 'preferred' or your 'permanent' addresses?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
The portal finally changed for me today, although it asks you for a password and I have no idea what it is. I reset my IU network password, but that wasn't it. I wonder if it was included in the letter.
The portal finally changed for me today, although it asks you for a password and I have no idea what it is. I reset my IU network password, but that wasn't it. I wonder if it was included in the letter.
About how long should it take to create this account? There was one place where it said 5 business days, and another that said 20 minutes. Wat.I am an IU student already, so I just used the passphrase that I used in undergrad to sign into all of my other university accounts. Apparently, it's standard across all campuses and programs if you are a student. However, if you are not a student, then you will have to make your first IU student account, as mentioned above. Hope that helps!!🙂
Took about 2 days for mine to work!About how long should it take to create this account? There was one place where it said 5 business days, and another that said 20 minutes. Wat.
Thank you!Took about 2 days for mine to work!
Anyone know if you absolutely need to have the dean evaluation and legal disclosure form received in order for the to give you an interview date? I still haven't had anything processed on my portal yet(including LORs) so i'm wondering if they only send you the invite day after everything is complete and processed.
Hmm it took about a month for me to receive my interview date but I didn't have both forms in when they gave me my date.
Anyone know if you absolutely need to have the dean evaluation and legal disclosure form received in order for the to give you an interview date? I still haven't had anything processed on my portal yet(including LORs) so i'm wondering if they only send you the invite day after everything is complete and processed.
i interviewed 9/14 without the forms in at all, in then sent them after the interview. (I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS, BECAUSE IT HAS HINDERED MY POSITION IN BEING REVIEWED). My fellow interviewees were 'under consideration' by the end of the week if interview and i wasn't until ~10/4. But when it says "Have these forms complete within 30 days AFTER interview..." i didn't know it would slow down me being looked at by the committee. So the take away message from this rant is that your interview date has nothing to do with having those forms in but i certainly don't recommend waiting like i did unless you want to have heart palpitations the 15th of every month and not hearing anything still 2 months post-interview...........[emoji51]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Does the committee only meet on the 15th of every month to give out interviews/decisions??
i interviewed 9/14 without the forms in at all, in then sent them after the interview. (I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS, BECAUSE IT HAS HINDERED MY POSITION IN BEING REVIEWED). My fellow interviewees were 'under consideration' by the end of the week if interview and i wasn't until ~10/4. But when it says "Have these forms complete within 30 days AFTER interview..." i didn't know it would slow down me being looked at by the committee. So the take away message from this rant is that your interview date has nothing to do with having those forms in but i certainly don't recommend waiting like i did unless you want to have heart palpitations the 15th of every month and not hearing anything still 2 months post-interview...........[emoji51]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thank you for that advice! I'll definitely try getting these forms in before my interview date. I'm sorry to hear about that 🙁 yeah I know the wait for these things feels like an eternity--I hope you hear good news before the major holiday!!
Thank you for that advice! I'll definitely try getting these forms in before my interview date. I'm sorry to hear about that 🙁 yeah I know the wait for these things feels like an eternity--I hope you hear good news before the major holiday!!
Just wanted to second this. I had the same exact situation, where I interviewed on 9/14 without all of my forms, and it took until October for me to be "Under Consideration". I just got an acceptance today (yay!), but I think I was pushed back a month by not having everything completed before/very soon after my interview.
Congratulations!!! 🙂
anyone who recieved an II on november 1st, or around then, hear back from the school about actually scheduling an interview?
Still no letter in the mail :/
Does IU mail out acceptances, wait lists, and rejections? Or is everyone else who hasn't received a decision at this point just rolled over till the ext month?
Still no letter in the mail :/
Does IU mail out acceptances, wait lists, and rejections? Or is everyone else who hasn't received a decision at this point just rolled over till the ext month?
I am an IU student already, so I just used the passphrase that I used in undergrad to sign into all of my other university accounts. Apparently, it's standard across all campuses and programs if you are a student. However, if you are not a student, then you will have to make your first IU student account, as mentioned above. Hope that helps!!🙂
Same exact situation as you. I've emailed Tech Services too and they eventually told me to just contact admissions. Good to know it's not just me!Have you been able to rank the schools yet? I am having a hard time logging in to rank the schools. I got the email and set up the passphrase and I have my 10 digit ID number but when I go to the Applicant Portal page ( https://caits.iu.edu/applicantportal ) and try to use my 10-digit ID and passphrase it doesn't work. Any suggestions? I have emailed Admissions but I don't expect to hear back until Monday
Have you been able to rank the schools yet? I am having a hard time logging in to rank the schools. I got the email and set up the passphrase and I have my 10 digit ID number but when I go to the Applicant Portal page ( https://caits.iu.edu/applicantportal ) and try to use my 10-digit ID and passphrase it doesn't work. Any suggestions? I have emailed Admissions but I don't expect to hear back until Monday
How many days has it been?Same exact situation as you. I've emailed Tech Services too and they eventually told me to just contact admissions. Good to know it's not just me!
4 daysHow many days has it been?
I'll try and put it nicely before you get the inevitable hasteful reply, but... MSARCould those accepted post their sGPA, cGPA, MCAT? I'll be applying next year and would appreciate some insight.... Really appreciate it!
sGPA 3.9+, cGPA 3.9+, MCAT 515+Could those accepted post their sGPA, cGPA, MCAT? I'll be applying next year and would appreciate some insight.... Really appreciate it!
+1 and OOS! Got accepted a week or so ago and went ahead and withdrew after so best of luck to y'all!sGPA 3.9+, cGPA 3.9+, MCAT 515+
I am also OOS, just to clarify!+1 and OOS! Got accepted a week or so ago and went ahead and withdrew after so best of luck to y'all!
It's been 6 weeks now since I got my II and I still don't have a date. I've emailed admissions about some forms so I know they didn't completely forget me but should I be concerned?
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.