-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Indiana University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
AMCASDo you need to send your letters specifically to IU or can you just send them through AMCAS?
Interview today! OOS but ties because I went to undergrad in Indiana. Does anyone know how long they take to get back to you with an interview date?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview today! OOS but ties because I went to undergrad in Indiana. Does anyone know how long they take to get back to you with an interview date?
congrats! it took about a month for me to receive an interview date after my interview location confirmation.
No, but I had all of my letters in by the first day we could submit our primary apps so when I did eventually get an II from IU there were already green checks beside my letters of rec
Strange, I had all my letters in by the time I submitted my primary to IUSM-- I guess they might be getting through a lot of apps so longer processing time?
Yeah that's probably it. I'm sure it won't take too much longer though. Good luck at your interview!Strange, I had all my letters in by the time I submitted my primary to IUSM-- I guess they might be getting through a lot of apps so longer processing time?
So if i'm interviewing at one of the satellite campuses (or whatever they call it), does that necessarily mean I would go to that campus if I got accepted/choose to go there?
Nope not at all!So if i'm interviewing at one of the satellite campuses (or whatever they call it), does that necessarily mean I would go to that campus if I got accepted/choose to go there?
Is anyone else who interviewed in the middle of October still missing the green check marks for legal disclosure and dean's evaluation?
For the 3x5 photo, do they mean 3.5x5? That is a standard print size offered everywhere I've looked so it would make sense or hopefully be close enough. I guess I can just cut it but it seems silly.
I couldn't find a single place that printed 3x5, all of them printed 4x6 so I had to cut it myself
Update: They were able to reschedule me in January!I got one a month later after rescheduling! It might be different later in the cycle but they give out a lot of interviews so someone's bound to withdraw or reschedule an II and open up another spot for you
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I only saw a few others and I think all were professionally printed. I just had it sent to CVS and they had it done in under an hour for only a few cents. I would recommend printing a few different ones since you have to cut them and some pictures might look weird when cut 3x5 lolDoes everyone get their photo professionally printed? I was planning on just going to the library and using a color printer there...
Lol I was really sick for my interview and forgot about the picture thing so the morning of I went downstairs to the hotel lobby computers and printed off an estimated 3x5 (it ended up being more than 5x7 so my calculations were a little off...) grainy black and white picture of me. They have more important things to judge us on than a 3x5 printed photo.Let me cut this photo size nonsense short, since it is beyond the outer reaches of neuroticism. I submitted whatever size is standard from CVS/Walgreens and was never questioned or asked to trim a few tenths of an inch off of it. Result? Accepted.
I wish they could just have someone with a phone stand at the entrance to the building and snap pics of people as they walk in.
At one of my interviews they actually had a photographer and they made us all put on a white coat and pose.
Yep. Still waiting to get mine confirmed even though they were sent in a while agoIs anyone else who interviewed in the middle of October still missing the green check marks for legal disclosure and dean's evaluation?
Yep. Still waiting to get mine confirmed even though they were sent in a while ago
Do the next round of acceptance go out Nov. 15th?
I honestly don't know, but I would assume do
every 15th of the month they send snail mail 🙂Do the next round of acceptance go out Nov. 15th?
D
deleted682597
every 15th of the month they send snail mail 🙂
It was my understanding that they meet on the 15th to discuss applicants under review and that afterwards the acceptances are sent out over the next couple days. Either way, I'm expecting that the next round of acceptances will find out on Friday the 18th. I'm so looking forward to it.
II!
Hey guys I just got an II from Indiana! Is the dean of student evaluation required?? I have been removed from my undergrad for 3+ years and have no idea how to get this signed....
Yeah you need it. I've been away ten years and they shred my file after seven. They still were able to access suspension records though and that was enough. Just call the dean's office at your undergrad.
Yeah you need it. I've been away ten years and they shred my file after seven. They still were able to access suspension records though and that was enough. Just call the dean's office at your undergrad.
Wait! What is the dean of student evaluation? Does everyone have to prepare that before the interview?Hey guys I just got an II from Indiana! Is the dean of student evaluation required?? I have been removed from my undergrad for 3+ years and have no idea how to get this signed....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wait! What is the dean of student evaluation? Does everyone have to prepare that before the interview?
The website says it's due 30 days post interview but I just sent it in now. It's just to show you don't have any IAs
I sent photocopies to my advisor so she could get the dean of students eval, however I got an email saying I needed to submit the original copy not a photocopy. So I am going to assuming you have to mail it. Also they only posted an address on the documents so yeah just mail it.Are we allowed to email them the forms or do we have to mail them?
Last edited:
NO unfortunately not; my understanding is that you must live and work in the state of Indiana without the intent of enrolling into medical school for at least a year. This will then qualify you for IS tuition. The rules governing this are strictly controlled by a state board and that's the criteria they have decided on.Does anyone know if you can get IS tuition after a year or two??
Also, On my portal it says my letters have not been received. Do we have to do anything else besides have them sent through AMCAS???
I have the same thing. I am pretty sure we just have to wait for it all to be processed.
Hey guys I just got an II from Indiana! Is the dean of student evaluation required?? I have been removed from my undergrad for 3+ years and have no idea how to get this signed....
If you dont mind, what are your stats and when were y'all complete? And are you OOS/IS?
If you dont mind, what are your stats and when were y'all complete? And are you OOS/IS?
OOS, application received email 8/15, 3.3 cGPA and sGPA, 3.6 gGPA, 510 MCAT.
I was actually very surprised to receive the II, but I am not complaining!
If you dont mind, what are your stats and when were y'all complete? And are you OOS/IS?
OOS LizzyM 65 complete 8/15
Also, On my portal it says my letters have not been received. Do we have to do anything else besides have them sent through AMCAS???
My letters still haven't been processed as well(on the portal) so I think they are probably swamped and trying to get through it all.
So it looks like they don't have interviews in December and they have the last round of interviews in January and February. Anyone know if the class will be full already and they're just interviewing for waitlist spots? I know they have a big class, but just curious what my chances are.
So it looks like they don't have interviews in December and they have the last round of interviews in January and February. Anyone know if the class will be full already and they're just interviewing for waitlist spots? I know they have a big class, but just curious what my chances are.
I was wondering the same thing. I bet the main campus is full for sure.
I was wondering the same thing. I bet the main campus is full for sure.
When I get home, I will take a look at previous years threads and then I'll report back.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
full in the sense that Indianapolis is the most booked for interview dates? Or just filled in general(all spots taken)?I was wondering the same thing. I bet the main campus is full for sure.
full in the sense that Indianapolis is the most booked for interview dates? Or just filled in general(all spots taken)?
I forget where I read it but almost everyone picks the main campus as their top choice. They used to do it lottery style but students who interviewed in the fall were mad that they were placed at branches when wait listed students got the main campus. I doubt the spring interviews are only for the wait list but most schools have half the class filled by now. If they've accepted half already and those students get their first choice campus then that means less seats in Indianapolis
Alright, so after a ton of searching through the 2015-2016 thread, it seems that they do not make a waitlist until May/June. As far as those of us who will interview in January or February, there are definitely still spots available in the class as several people who interviewed then were accepted pretty soon after interviewing.
Apparently the committee meets the 15th of every month and reviews the recently interviewed applicants. They accept those that they want and it seems that everyone not accepted goes into a holding pattern until they make a decision later on the cycle.
Some people I saw on the the thread interviewed in September and did not get a decision until June.
So pretty much we just need to focus on having the best interview that we can as it can be pretty variable when they give a decision.
Apparently the committee meets the 15th of every month and reviews the recently interviewed applicants. They accept those that they want and it seems that everyone not accepted goes into a holding pattern until they make a decision later on the cycle.
Some people I saw on the the thread interviewed in September and did not get a decision until June.
So pretty much we just need to focus on having the best interview that we can as it can be pretty variable when they give a decision.
So if we do not hear something the month following our interview that likely means we are going into the holding pattern? Any chance they notify us of that? I just can't imagine interviewing early and then having to wait that long with no word 🙁Alright, so after a ton of searching through the 2015-2016 thread, it seems that they do not make a waitlist until May/June. As far as those of us who will interview in January or February, there are definitely still spots available in the class as several people who interviewed then were accepted pretty soon after interviewing.
Apparently the committee meets the 15th of every month and reviews the recently interviewed applicants. They accept those that they want and it seems that everyone not accepted goes into a holding pattern until they make a decision later on the cycle.
Some people I saw on the the thread interviewed in September and did not get a decision until June.
So pretty much we just need to focus on having the best interview that we can as it can be pretty variable when they give a decision.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K