2016-2017 Indiana University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey people!
I saw some people get their alternate forms and wanted to let you know there's a lot of hope! I was pulled off last year verrryyy close to the white coat ceremony and now I just finished Ms1! It's been a wild ride but just hang in there. PM me if you have any questions :)
This gives me hope!! Do you know when the white coat ceremony is this year?

Members don't see this ad.

Today is usually 2nd chance lottery day, right? Do you guys think we will get the results today?

Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone else still waiting on their post-interview rejection? I'm committed to another school so I'm not on the edge of my seat or anything, but come on... the wait list came out like a month ago and I'm still "under consideration".

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else still waiting on their post-interview rejection? I'm committed to another school so I'm not on the edge of my seat or anything, but come on... the wait list came out like a month ago and I'm still "under consideration".

OMG. I'm still waiting too but have already mentally accepted it as a rejection... but sameeeee, I'm fully committed elsewhere so I will live :highfive:. Congrats on your acceptance!

Yep, right here. I recently gave up on waiting for my post-interview decision. This last year was painstakingly slow and unsuccessful. On the bright side, I'm almost done with my 2017-2018 application!

Recently gave up my spot and my scholarship, so hopefully they both go to one of you!!

Has anyone heard anything from the second chance lottery? Anxiously, and patiently, awaiting to find housing based upon the results of the second chance. As far as I can tell, it hasn't happened yet. Thanks!

Has anyone heard anything from the second chance lottery? Anxiously, and patiently, awaiting to find housing based upon the results of the second chance. As far as I can tell, it hasn't happened yet. Thanks!

Haven't heard anything back yet... I assume we will hear back next week, probably Friday

My thumbs are getting sore from all this twiddling.

Reactions: 1 users
There we go, finally got the rejection.

Members don't see this ad :)
There we go, finally got the rejection.

HODES,

I think I speak for all when I say you have been a great participant in this thread.
You have a fan base.
Congratulations on your acceptance and you will kill it.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
HODES,

I think I speak for all when I say you have been a great participant in this thread.
You have a fan base.
Congratulations on your acceptance and you will kill it.

Thank you! Good luck to you all!

My thumbs are getting sore from all this twiddling.

ugh i know right? I wish they would have just told us it would be June 2 to save us from the anxiety of the wait. Alas, I've come to terms with whichever campus I end up at, I just want to know already so I can start hardcore apartment shopping

ugh i know right? I wish they would have just told us it would be June 2 to save us from the anxiety of the wait. Alas, I've come to terms with whichever campus I end up at, I just want to know already so I can start hardcore apartment shopping
For real, though. The communication has been dismal. :p

WL for about a month now... Tried calling but not very helpful.

So... if we haven't heard anything regarding 2nd chance lottery, should we assume that we did not receive our secondary choice campus?

So... if we haven't heard anything regarding 2nd chance lottery, should we assume that we did not receive our secondary choice campus?

I'm assuming? Im incredibly frustrated by this whole process. It seems as though this has been the worst year for communication

So it's 6PM on June 2nd. Are we ever going to hear about the 2nd chance lottery?

So the people on the facebook group are now saying admissions switched the 2nd chance lottery date to June 12th. brbkms

Unfortunately it was confirmed on the Facebook by the transcript lady (idk how to spell her name, last name Ade) if we didn't hear anything, we didn't get our second chance. Apparently no one on here got their second chance

Has anyone who sent transcripts in recently still not had their portal updated? Mine were confirmed as received early last week, however no change in portal.

Has anyone who sent transcripts in recently still not had their portal updated? Mine were confirmed as received early last week, however no change in portal.

How did you get a confirmation that they were received? Was it through IUSM or the university you sent them from?

How did you get a confirmation that they were received? Was it through IUSM or the university you sent them from?

I sent an email asking if they had been received. I was worried they had not been because I sent them around may 14th.
I also just received another email from them stating that they will take a while to verify all of our coursework!

Not at all..basically to keep waiting. Blehh
Last year I was pulled off the WL with my letter dated June 13th. That's the earliest I've heard for movement on the WL. Most of the people I know that also got pulled last year were notified in July and in that case they call you, as someone mentioned before. Good luck to the waitlisters :)

Last year I was pulled off the WL with my letter dated June 13th. That's the earliest I've heard for movement on the WL. Most of the people I know that also got pulled last year were notified in July and in that case they call you, as someone mentioned before. Good luck to the waitlisters :)

Awesome. And thank you :) How does campus designation work if you are on the waitlist?

Awesome. And thank you :) How does campus designation work if you are on the waitlist?

You don't get to choose where you end up, and you will be assigned at one of the smaller campuses. If you're IS, they might try to place you closest to your permanent address.

Wow that must make it pretty hectic to find housing and get everything ready :oops: But thank you for the hope!!!! How do you like Indiana so far?

Wow that must make it pretty hectic to find housing and get everything ready :oops: But thank you for the hope!!!! How do you like Indiana so far?
I should've said that I'm from Indiana! And they placed me close to home! But I know some people did have to find housing pretty quick. There's always housing options even if it seems last minute so don't stress!

Hello all,
I'm on the alternate list for the 2017 class as well. Been on it for about a month now. One of my friends heard last year on June 11. Has anyone heard anything yet?

Hi all! So I need some info on a current conundrum I'm in with immunizations. I did not receive the email regarding all that was necessary until May 31. I could not get a doctors appointment until June 14, as I work full time to support my household.

If my titers are negative for a few of the vaccines it will be impossible for me to complete the two rounds by June 30 since there's a 28 day minimum between them. Has anyone/does anyone know

Hi all! So I need some info on a current conundrum I'm in with immunizations. I did not receive the email regarding all that was necessary until May 31. I could not get a doctors appointment until June 14, as I work full time to support my household.

If my titers are negative for a few of the vaccines it will be impossible for me to complete the two rounds by June 30 since there's a 28 day minimum between them. Has anyone/does anyone know

Of someone else in this position and if so what happened? I contacted the immunization point person and am worried that I have not yet had a response

Last edited:

I would consider sending in your titers in ASAP, and, if any are negative, telling IU that you'll have the rest sent when they're done.

Of someone else in this position and if so what happened? I contacted the immunization point person and am worried that I have not yet had a response

They will probably withdraw your spot in the class since they don't really care about you personally or that u may be -a good physician and are sticklers for their ridiculously early deadlines considering classes don't start that early. Good luck ! People on the wait list , heads up!

Curious, if youre on the waitlist now can you say if youre IS or OOS? Im OOS and thinking that they may favor IS

Curious, if youre on the waitlist now can you say if youre IS or OOS? Im OOS and thinking that they may favor IS

I'm OOS too. I hope that's not the case. I'd really like to go here. Why do you think that?

I'm OOS too. I hope that's not the case. I'd really like to go here. Why do you think that?

No real reason except that I was looking thru the past application SDN threads and it seemed like the people that were getting accepted off the waitlist were IS but I am prob just freaking myself out. Sorry!

Oh I see. I'm sure they take OOS people too and maybe some of them might just not be on SDN. I don't think anyone has heard back yet though. Maybe tomorrow. I hope we both get good news :)

I'm so sorry for replying so late, I've been inactive lately. It was sent to me in an email in April. I believe someone posted about this on the big Facebook group, but if you would like me to forward the email to you please just PM me!

Thank you they sent the form again to the class may 31, but now the problem is what to do if my titers are negative at my Wednesday appointment. we shall see

I would consider sending in your titers in ASAP, and, if any are negative, telling IU that you'll have the rest sent when they're done.
That is the plan. I guess there's really nothing else to do but wait for the results since I have already called the immunization point person with no response.

I would not worry about your titer results; you will not be penalized if you are in the process of fulfilling requirements (ex: having to wait x number of weeks between doses). At most, you will probably get annoying email reminders and have to play some phone tag to let people know that you are just waiting the mandatory time period.

I haven't heard anything yet! I'm worried because I'm going on vacation next week and I'm not sure how much time we have to say yes. I think I'm going to call Admissions on Wednesday to see how long the turn around time is, and ask them to please call/email if I am accepted while I am gone.
I think people usually get about a week to respond. I'm in the same situation and I also keep checking the portal to see if it's updated lol

I would not worry about your titer results; you will not be penalized if you are in the process of fulfilling requirements (ex: having to wait x number of weeks between doses). At most, you will probably get annoying email reminders and have to play some phone tag to let people know that you are just waiting the mandatory time period.

OH thank god. All of my records are there it's just a matter of titers. I've been worrying myself sick since no one from iu has gotten back to me. I feel a lot better now