You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Rutgers University - NJMS Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Anyone who submitted the secondary print it out afterwards? The formatting of my essays turned out really bad and I don't know why 🙁
I feel like it's a petty reason to give the office of admissions a call about this.
I only saved the PDF file for my records and the formatting seemed fine. How did your PDF file look? Was the formatting also off?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Mine looked weird but if you made the window bigger the formatting looked right, who knows. If it happened to us it prolly happened to a lot of people
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted633919
There's a break after every sentence every other sentence. It just looks incredibly sloppy I don't get what happened.I only saved the PDF file for my records and the formatting seemed fine. How did your PDF file look? Was the formatting also off?
D
deleted633919
Mine had gigantic spaces too. I dont think they'd make a big deal. if anything is easier to read. Plus diff browsers and diff OS would do that
Yeah I guess I shouldn't worry about this. NJMS is my dream school and I worked nonstop trying to make the essays perfect over the past day and a half, and seeing this happen to my final result was really upsetting.
D
deleted633919
(deleted)
Anyone know if they send you an e-mail saying if your application is officially complete?
No email acknowledging completion.Anyone know if they send you an e-mail saying if your application is officially complete?
No completion, but I got an email of confirmation that it was submitted.
Yeah I got that too, was just wondering if they got my LOR. Guess they don't ever send you a completion e-mail then it looks like.
To those who have gotten in ED already how long after your interview did you find out and on which day?
I would like to know this also! I assume it also depends on how quickly our interviewer gives the admissions office their feedback.To those who have gotten in ED already how long after your interview did you find out and on which day?
I interviewed over two weeks ago and still haven't gotten a responseTo those who have gotten in ED already how long after your interview did you find out and on which day?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also had weird spacing on my secondary. It was like sometimes there was a big space between the question and my answer, while other times there was a big space between an answer and the next question.
I don't think it's a big deal. They are legible and definitely aren't caused by something we did.
I don't think it's a big deal. They are legible and definitely aren't caused by something we did.
...and the wait is officially killing me. Hope they dont dilly dally with ED so I'm not even more late everywhere else. I thought waiting for the MCAT results were bad but this is way worse because there's not an actual day to look towards. I do know that the adcom meets on thursdays tho.
Yes the wait is brutal and to be rejected after an interview would crush me 🙁 I really hope we find out soon!!! Maybe the committee met today and we are getting a call tomorrow haha...and the wait is officially killing me. Hope they dont dilly dally with ED so I'm not even more late everywhere else. I thought waiting for the MCAT results were bad but this is way worse because there's not an actual day to look towards. I do know that the adcom meets on thursdays tho.
Yes the wait is brutal and to be rejected after an interview would crush me 🙁 I really hope we find out soon!!! Maybe the committee met today and we are getting a call tomorrow haha
Yea that would totally be crushing...how long ago did you interview? I feel like they are backed up but dean Heinrich said within 2 weeks for early decision. Let's hope we get in soon!
To those who have gotten in ED already how long after your interview did you find out and on which day?
I got the call on a Saturday, I interviewed the week before. This was really early on though so I know they weren't backed up. I think right now since they're also accepting RD secondaries they must be pretty backed up 🙁
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I interviewed this week! I know I'm just being impatient but the wait is kiillliiinnggg me! What about you?Yea that would totally be crushing...how long ago did you interview? I feel like they are backed up but dean Heinrich said within 2 weeks for early decision. Let's hope we get in soon!
I interviewed this week! I know I'm just being impatient but the wait is kiillliiinnggg me! What about you?
same....I'm going to PM you, I feel like we were on the same day lol
Sorry if this has been asked. Does NJMS email you when your application is complete (Submission of Secondary + Receipt of Letters)? Thanks!
Sorry if this has been asked. Does NJMS email you when your application is complete (Submission of Secondary + Receipt of Letters)? Thanks!
I got an email when I submitted my secondary but I'm ED idk if that's different
No email when I was "complete" just when I submitted the secondary
Last edited:
That is definitely not a good idea. Dr. Heinrich (lord of admissions) has told people to leave nothing blank. My only "N/A" was regarding New Jersey residency.
Dr. Heinrich said this?
Dr. Heinrich said this?
Yep that's what I meant by Dr. Heinrich
Yep that's what I meant by Dr. Heinrich
Yeah, but like who did he say it to and in what context.
Yeah, but like who did he say it to and in what context.
He said it both at a Q and A and directly to my friend during a meeting with him. They like for us GSBS students who are applying to meet with their office. He more specifically said to fill everything out because any time they have nothing to work with they will just "assume the worst".
He said it both at a Q and A and directly to my friend during a meeting with him. They like for us GSBS students who are applying to meet with their office. He more specifically said to fill everything out because any time they have nothing to work with they will just "assume the worst".
Thanks for the clarification
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am sitting in the silence. Anyone NOT ED here anything after secondary? Is there a portal to check or do we patiently await an email?
We patiently wait and I have it on good authority that it won't be until around August 30th this year until RD IIs are sent.
We patiently wait and I have it on good authority that it won't be until around August 30th this year until RD IIs are sent.
I would imagine that this means that is when they plan to be done with ED applicants? Dr. Heinrich told me around 2 weeks but it doesnt seem like they are sticking with that timeline...
I'm still waiting. I'll post if I hear any news. When did you interview?have any ED people heard back in this last week?
I'm still waiting. I'll post if I hear any news. When did you interview?
7/19!
Ah!!! I interviewed way after you so I guess I have a long wait to go. I hope you hear something soon!7/19!
I would imagine that this means that is when they plan to be done with ED applicants? Dr. Heinrich told me around 2 weeks but it doesnt seem like they are sticking with that timeline...
A liaison to the ad com said that will be around the time they come out. Maybe that's also their goal date to be finished ED applications?
A liaison to the ad com said that will be around the time they come out. Maybe that's also their goal date to be finished ED applications?
Sounds plausible but I hope I hear news sooner I dont want to be that late at other schools...
Sounds plausible but I hope I hear news sooner I dont want to be that late at other schools...
Are you an ED applicant?
Sounds plausible but I hope I hear news sooner I dont want to be that late at other schools...
I'm sure they'll get you guys done soon! They brag a lot about how low risk their ED is
Yes I am ED...The only reason I did it was because Dr. Heinrich told me there would a 48 hour turnaround after I submitted my MCAT as to whether or not I would get an interview and a two week turnaround after an interview to find out if I got in. He seems like a guy who sticks to his word.
Yes I am ED...The only reason I did it was because Dr. Heinrich told me there would a 48 hour turnaround after I submitted my MCAT as to whether or not I would get an interview and a two week turnaround after an interview to find out if I got in. He seems like a guy who sticks to his word.
That's what I was told as well. I'm at two weeks now. Hoping for an answer soon!
I have a theory that they were waiting for a decent sized cohort and that after this thursdays meeting we will be getting the call (I hope). If you notice it seems like all the earlier people on here were accepted in rounds....or maybe I just like to drive myself crazy with theories instead of just being patient.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
happy thursday folks, good luck to everyone this weekend!
Got the call yesterday! Good luck guys! 🙂
Congrats! That's amazing!! What time did you get it and what was the date of your interview?
wow congratulations!!!!Got the call yesterday! Good luck guys! 🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 253
- Views
- 94K