You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Rutgers University - RWJMS Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Does RWJ begin to review applications before they receive CASPer scores? I submitted part one of the secondary but will be taking CASPer on the 26th.
.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an email this morning that I am complete and with some details about their review process. Then I got an email that I should have just gotten the other email lol.
Really wish schools would stop emailing things that are not interviews at this point.
Did you take the CASPer test? If so, when?! I haven't received the completion email yet, but I took the test July 10th...
Did you take the CASPer test? If so, when?! I haven't received the completion email yet, but I took the test July 10th...
Na - I thought I had pretty good answers to the part 2 Qs, so I went with that.
I got an email this morning that I am complete and with some details about their review process. Then I got an email that I should have just gotten the other email lol.
Really wish schools would stop emailing things that are not interviews at this point.
How long did it take for the complete email to come your way? It's been 1.5 wks since I received a confirmation that they got my part 1 and I also took CASPer on July 10th. Also submitted payment.
How long did it take for the complete email to come your way? It's been 1.5 wks since I received a confirmation that they got my part 1 and I also took CASPer on July 10th. Also submitted payment.
I totally screwed up and posted this in the wrong thread. I will delete my post so other people don't look for emails that aren't coming.
INTERVIEW!!! My first one! I screamed so loud my brother came and asked if I was alright lol
Because I know people will ask:
MCAT 518
GPA 3.4c/3.2s (though 3.75 my junior and senior years)
Grad GPA 3.9 (not SMP, but all hard science courses + thesis research)
Complete 7/6 or so (submitted 2nd on 7/6 and my letters were in way early)'
Did not do CASPER, but I chose not to do so because I thought I had really solid answers for part 2.
Also I stretched the hell out of all of the boxes on the secondary, so seems like that is allowed lol
Because I know people will ask:
MCAT 518
GPA 3.4c/3.2s (though 3.75 my junior and senior years)
Grad GPA 3.9 (not SMP, but all hard science courses + thesis research)
Complete 7/6 or so (submitted 2nd on 7/6 and my letters were in way early)'
Did not do CASPER, but I chose not to do so because I thought I had really solid answers for part 2.
Also I stretched the hell out of all of the boxes on the secondary, so seems like that is allowed lol
INTERVIEW!!! My first one! I screamed so loud my brother came and asked if I was alright lol
Because I know people will ask:
MCAT 518
GPA 3.4c/3.2s (though 3.75 my junior and senior years)
Grad GPA 3.9 (not SMP, but all hard science courses + thesis research)
Complete 7/6 or so (submitted 2nd on 7/6 and my letters were in way early)'
Did not do CASPER, but I chose not to do so because I thought I had really solid answers for part 2.
Also I stretched the hell out of all of the boxes on the secondary, so seems like that is allowed lol
Congrats!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Does anyone know for sure if this school uses rolling admissions or not? I found a page on their website that says yes and another page that says no.....
Does anyone know for sure if this school uses rolling admissions or not? I found a page on their website that says yes and another page that says no.....
I believe they send out decisions twice in the cycle only from what I understand
INTERVIEW!!! My first one! I screamed so loud my brother came and asked if I was alright lol
Because I know people will ask:
MCAT 518
GPA 3.4c/3.2s (though 3.75 my junior and senior years)
Grad GPA 3.9 (not SMP, but all hard science courses + thesis research)
Complete 7/6 or so (submitted 2nd on 7/6 and my letters were in way early)'
Did not do CASPER, but I chose not to do so because I thought I had really solid answers for part 2.
Also I stretched the hell out of all of the boxes on the secondary, so seems like that is allowed lol
congrats! are you in state or out?
congrats! are you in state or out?
Born and raised!
Born and raised!
cool - good luck on the interview!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can any current students comment on the RWJ interview day? Obviously not specific Qs, but any tips or anything would be awesome.
.
Last edited:
Can any current students comment on the RWJ interview day? Obviously not specific Qs, but any tips or anything would be awesome.
Interviewed last year and got waitlisted. There's not a whole lot of preparation you can do, but become comfortable with making a quick decision and verbalizing your thoughts. The MMIs here are NOT conversational at all. The interviewers just write your answers and for the most part, do not ask follow up questions so be thorough in your answers.
Interviewed last year and got waitlisted. There's not a whole lot of preparation you can do, but become comfortable with making a quick decision and verbalizing your thoughts. The MMIs here are NOT conversational at all. The interviewers just write your answers and for the most part, do not ask follow up questions so be thorough in your answers.
Hm good to know. Thank you.
Did you have a high MCAT score or remarkable story to pursue medicine? I think they send early II's to the top level applicants first
INTERVIEW!!! My first one! I screamed so loud my brother came and asked if I was alright lol
Because I know people will ask:
MCAT 518
GPA 3.4c/3.2s (though 3.75 my junior and senior years)
Grad GPA 3.9 (not SMP, but all hard science courses + thesis research)
Complete 7/6 or so (submitted 2nd on 7/6 and my letters were in way early)'
Did not do CASPER, but I chose not to do so because I thought I had really solid answers for part 2.
Also I stretched the hell out of all of the boxes on the secondary, so seems like that is allowed lol
What was the earliest date offered for an II on the list of dates they sent you? Early, mid, or late August? September?
Did you have a high MCAT score or remarkable story to pursue medicine? I think they send early II's to the top level applicants first
What was the earliest date offered for an II on the list of dates they sent you? Early, mid, or late August? September?
I was given a choice of 3 dates in mid September.
Got an interview! First one, so excited!
Got an interview! First one, so excited!
Which date did you pick?
Sept 12, as long as its still available! you?Which date did you pick?
Sept 12, as long as its still available! you?
Cool. I'm going the 16th - easier for me to get a Friday off work.
@robojobo @ChrisMack390 @CitizenoftheWorld2016 What date did you each receive the application complete email? If you didn't receive one, what date did you submit your Part 1?
I'm trying to determine whether they offer IIs to qualified applicants chronologically or randomly
Edit: Nevermind, ChrisMack I saw your above post. Robo and Citizen, please share when you were complete
I'm trying to determine whether they offer IIs to qualified applicants chronologically or randomly
Edit: Nevermind, ChrisMack I saw your above post. Robo and Citizen, please share when you were complete
@robojobo @ChrisMack390 @CitizenoftheWorld2016 What date did you each receive the application complete email? If you didn't receive one, what date did you submit your Part 1?
I'm trying to determine whether they offer IIs to qualified applicants chronologically or randomly
Hey so I submitted my part one and two on June 25th (didn't do CASPer), I had a weird issue with the payment, the website didn't work for me for the longest time, and I live abroad so I had a friend in NJ send them a cheque, which was never cashed in and I didn't receive confirmation that they received it so I tried the website again sometime in July and it finally worked. Got that application complete e-mail on July 13! Hope that helps.
Hey so I submitted my part one and two on June 25th (didn't do CASPer), I had a weird issue with the payment, the website didn't work for me for the longest time, and I live abroad so I had a friend in NJ send them a cheque, which was never cashed in and I didn't receive confirmation that they received it so I tried the website again sometime in July and it finally worked. Got that application complete e-mail on July 13! Hope that helps.
Glad to see things worked out for you!
I was complete on 7/1 but haven't received an II. Probably means they passed on my application.
Glad to see things worked out for you!
I was complete on 7/1 but haven't received an II. Probably means they passed on my application.
I wouldn't necessarily say that! Many more invites to go out.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does it normally take 2 weeks for the complete email to arrive? E-mailed my secondary about 10 days ago, no complete email yet. Was gonna e-mail them in a couple days to check the status...
I think this depends on whether you took the CASPer test and when. I just received the complete email today. I took the CASPer test on July 10th and submitted part I secondary that same day.Does it normally take 2 weeks for the complete email to arrive? E-mailed my secondary about 10 days ago, no complete email yet. Was gonna e-mail them in a couple days to check the status...
I took the CASPer test July 10 and submitted part 1 secondary that same day, but never got a complete email (my letters were sent in July 18). Anybody else have this issue?I think this depends on whether you took the CASPer test and when. I just received the complete email today. I took the CASPer test on July 10th and submitted part I secondary that same day.
I took the CASPer test July 10 and submitted part 1 secondary that same day, but never got a complete email (my letters were sent in July 18). Anybody else have this issue?
I got the complete email on Tuesday. Also took the CASPer on July 10. I submitted part 1 on July 9.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
When you submitted the secondary to the email address, did anyone get an update saying they were received?
When you submitted the secondary to the email address, did anyone get an update saying they were received?
I got a complete email, but my letters were in way before my secondary.
I sent the second part of the supp app and wrote a sentence about how I chose to take CASPer, then initialed the bottom of the page (in the small print).So if you took CASPer this year do you just not send in the second part of the supplemental application? Is there anywhere you tell them you took CASPer?
I sent the second part of the supp app and wrote a sentence about how I chose to take CASPer, then initialed the bottom of the page (in the small print).
I guess you can do that. I didn't specify that I took CASPer, but I received the completion email about 3 weeks after I took the test.
I already took my CASPer July 26th so I'm not sure how quickly they get the results.
I asked CASPer staff and they said scores for the July 26 sitting (also when I wrote) will be distributed early-mid next week!
EDIT: wrong thread. delete.
Yes I only submitted part I. I read that it takes on average 4 weeks to get results.With only sending in the first part of the supplemental application?
I already took my CASPer July 26th so I'm not sure how quickly they get the results.
Does anyone know if there is any way to submit updates for RWJ? I was just offered and accepted a position as a clinical research assistant so my current gap year job is going to be different.
You might just be able to e-mail them with a nice letterDoes anyone know if there is any way to submit updates for RWJ? I was just offered and accepted a position as a clinical research assistant so my current gap year job is going to be different.
Submitted my secondary on 8/1...still no complete email yet. They responded with "Thank you" to my email that had my completed secondary ( both parts). I decided to forgo CAPSER because the grading period was too long....I then signed up for CASPER for NYMC....took it on 8/11...and decided to send scores to both NYMC and RWJMS. Is this going to be frown upon since I already sent them written essays for part b? Also, anyone here still waiting for complete email...it's been since 8/1 for me and no email yet.
Submitted my secondary on 8/1...still no complete email yet. They responded with "Thank you" to my email that had my completed secondary ( both parts). I decided to forgo CAPSER because the grading period was too long....I then signed up for CASPER for NYMC....took it on 8/11...and decided to send scores to both NYMC and RWJMS. Is this going to be frown upon since I already sent them written essays for part b? Also, anyone here still waiting for complete email...it's been since 8/1 for me and no email yet.
Probably won't count against you. In previous years, part II of the application was filling out the questions and/or taking the CASPer so I don't think it'll be too much of an issue. The only way I can ever imagine it would work against you is if you had really strong answers for the part II, but then a weak CASPer test score!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! When were you complete? and did they send a complete email?
Probably won't count against you. In previous years, part II of the application was filling out the questions and/or taking the CASPer so I don't think it'll be too much of an issue. The only way I can ever imagine it would work against you is if you had really strong answers for the part II, but then a weak CASPer test score!
Thanks for the comforting words. Does it take them this long to send complete email? It's been 2 weeks now since I emailed them my secondaries.
Congrats! When were you complete? and did they send a complete email?
I sent part 1 in early July and received a complete email 7/25. Took CASPer July 10.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
When were you complete?
EDIT: Sorry, just saw above.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 253
- Views
- 93K