You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Rutgers University - RWJMS Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+1Complete finally!!!!!! After early July submission and July 26 CASPers ....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else take the 7/26 casper and not receive a complete email?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
+1Anyone else take the 7/26 casper and not receive a complete email?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Complete finally!!!!!! After early July submission and July 26 CASPers ....
+1
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sorry it might have been stated earlier in this thread but does anyone know what the interview process is like for this school
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Should I be worried that I haven't heard back from RWJ even though I was complete for about a month now?
Should I be worried that I haven't heard back from RWJ even though I was complete for about a month now?
In same boat...have the RD IIs gone out already?
In same boat...have the RD IIs gone out already?
I got an RD II but it took like 3 weeks after I was complete to get it I'm sure it will come!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sorry it might have been stated earlier in this thread but does anyone know what the interview process is like for this school
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Pretty much your typical medical school interview day:
Short introduction presentation, tour facilities with current medical students, light lunch, and then MMI consisting of seven stations.
Any advice/tips/general comments about the interview here? Nervous for Friday! The other MMIs I have been to so far were very laid back and friendly in style and have not really asked any of these "kill 5 old men or 10 babies" ethics things.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey quick question but are there follow up questions to the MMI stations?
Any advice/tips/general comments about the interview here? Nervous for Friday! The other MMIs I have been to so far were very laid back and friendly in style and have not really asked any of these "kill 5 old men or 10 babies" ethics things.
First II here yesterday
Took 8/10 casper so I guess I was complete 9/10 or so
Orm
Instate
LizzyM 75.5
Any tips for the mmi are greatly appreciated as I've heard a variety of reflections on it at rwj
I had my interview a couple days ago and I thought is was pretty laid back except that they didn't ask followup questions, so it was like talking to a rock.
II- complete 9/10 IS
Do you find out about admissions a few weeks after your interview or are there set dates like in December and February where they send out batches
Do you find out about admissions a few weeks after your interview or are there set dates like in December and February where they send out batches
I had my interview a couple days ago and I thought is was pretty laid back except that they didn't ask followup questions, so it was like talking to a rock.
That is so weird lol
After reading everyone's posts about complete emails I checked and realized I never got an email besides the materials received one (I sent in all my application stuff on 7/23). Feeling really stupid for not realizing this earlier! I called and the woman who answered was really nice, but she didn't see any issues and said they would have people work on it, if nothing happens in the next week to call again....confused as to why I am still not complete and how they don't even know why!!! 🙁
I had my interview a couple days ago and I thought is was pretty laid back except that they didn't ask followup questions, so it was like talking to a rock.
That is so weird lol
lol I'm gonna end up asking myself follow up/counter argumentative questions just so I can elaborate...
I've been wondering the same thing here. Also IS and complete around the same time =(Complete on 7/12, IS applicant. At this point did I get passed over?
Had my interview here today, really laid back and relaxed MMI format. Low stress nice school good tour guide.
Low key fell in love with the girl I met during the orientation part who was also interviewing but we were in different groups
but if you see this and you like oncology and are a vet tech...
Low key fell in love with the girl I met during the orientation part who was also interviewing but we were in different groups
I don't know why I was so nervous about the interview here. The fact that they don't ask follow ups is not a big deal. They actually do ask like "do you have any more examples?" or "do you want to add anything else?" and they do nod and smile and act like humans. I had the impression they would just coldly stare and not say anything at all.
Overall I liked the school quite a bit. I didn't go in very enthusiastic about it but came out impressed.
Overall I liked the school quite a bit. I didn't go in very enthusiastic about it but came out impressed.
Had my interview here today, really laid back and relaxed MMI format. Low stress nice school good tour guide.
Low key fell in love with the girl I met during the orientation part who was also interviewing but we were in different groupsbut if you see this and you like oncology and are a vet tech...
This is super helpful thank you!I don't know why I was so nervous about the interview here. The fact that they don't ask follow ups is not a big deal. They actually do ask like "do you have any more examples?" or "do you want to add anything else?" and they do nod and smile and act like humans. I had the impression they would just coldly stare and not say anything at all.
Overall I liked the school quite a bit. I didn't go in very enthusiastic about it but came out impressed.
Considering this is my best shot getting in somewhere I hope my first mmi goes well
This is super helpful thank you!
Considering this is my best shot getting in somewhere I hope my first mmi goes well
My main take away from the day was that being connected to the Rutgers system gives RWJ the ability to study just about anything they could want to, directly medical or otherwise. The other places I've interviewed have felt like hospitals that also teach students while this one felt like a big academic university, part of which is medical school. Pretty cool.
Is the CASPer weighted more than the essays? I simply did not want to wait any longer to submit my secondary so decided to do the essays instead.
I did the essays too, took soooooo long!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Now I'm wishing I did the essays..my CASPer isn't for another month hmm..
I was practically dying by the 6th essay lol.I did the essays too, took soooooo long!!!
I was practically dying by the 6th essay lol.
Haha My brain was a mush-ball by the end of them, I almost regretted my choice, but I didn't want to wait a month to take CASPer!!!
I did the essays and got a pretty early interview here. If you have good answers, go for it!
I have some questions about the RWJMS MMI interview!
- will you be able to see the time/a clock during the interview?
- can you take notes on a prompt?
- will you have a physical copy of the prompt with you as you speak with the interviewer?
- will the interviewer engage with you and ask questions if you finish before the time is up?
- will you be able to see the time/a clock during the interview?
- can you take notes on a prompt?
- will you have a physical copy of the prompt with you as you speak with the interviewer?
- will the interviewer engage with you and ask questions if you finish before the time is up?
Any idea when more IIs could go out? Seems like it's been quiet
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I have some questions about the RWJMS MMI interview!
- will you be able to see the time/a clock during the interview?
- can you take notes on a prompt?
- will you have a physical copy of the prompt with you as you speak with the interviewer?
- will the interviewer engage with you and ask questions if you finish before the time is up?
-you don't get to see the clock during the interview but I brought a digital watch that you can use for yourself
-no notes on the prompts but they present it again to you in the room
-some engaged others didn't
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
It has been too quiet here...submitted mid July, but took the 7/26 CASPers and wasn't marked complete until right before Labor Day. IS Lizzy 71. I honestly thought I would have heard. Is RWJ truly rolling? Have I been passed over? IS but no love from any of my NJ state schools...
I'm in the same boat...Submitted everything early but have not heard back...
wouldn't be too worried...seems like they (all NJ schools) always take their times with apps based on previous threads lol
Did anyone who did the essays instead of taking Casper get an invite?
not yet
but some people have
Yes, I wrote the essays instead of sending them CASPer, I interviewed on Sept 12Did anyone who did the essays instead of taking Casper get an invite?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's not 100% rolling- they do give out interviews throughout the year but they accept only in December and then once again later on (except for ED).It has been too quiet here...submitted mid July, but took the 7/26 CASPers and wasn't marked complete until right before Labor Day. IS Lizzy 71. I honestly thought I would have heard. Is RWJ truly rolling? Have I been passed over? IS but no love from any of my NJ state schools...
MMI was simple standard team questions you see nothing out of the ordinary. Not really a need to prep, maybe run it through a few times. But, I'm not the best at preparing scenarios and it was a breeze.
It was really fun, I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's what you would expect from an MMI. Go in and be honest and explain your answers and you'll be fine 🙂 Don't get rattled if some of them aren't responsive, they're really busy writing the things you say down, so some may not even look up at you once. The staff and students at the interview day do a really great job of explaining the MMI process, don't hesitate to ask them questions on the day of if you still have doubts (I know I did and the students were REALLY helpful!).Can I ask you a couple of questions?
Where did you stay?
Was the MMI station like a "standard" MMI? Like was it similar to online/book prep stuff and what kind of prep material did you use?
Really great interview experience, fantastic uni. Good luck!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 253
- Views
- 93K