You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Tufts University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Gah c'mon tufts where's my II
Last edited:
Congrats! Complete date and stats?Got an II today!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations, everyone!
Can't stand schools that just don't give you a decision. Let me off the hook already been complete since July
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Congrats!Accepted! Just got a call from the Dean. Interviewed January 12.
Maine track or regular MD?
Plain old MDCongrats!
Maine track or regular MD?
Saving the best of us for last...? hahaGah cmon tufts where's my II
Wait are IIs still being sent out?
Scroll upWait are IIs still being sent out?
Congrats! Complete date and stats?
I was complete 9/28, and LM 72. I'm also in state!
Accepted earlier today, interviewed just two weeks ago on1/17/17. Now I just need to pass the background check!
Had a good chuckle at this
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!! So jealous!Accepted! This time for Maine Track.
How far out are most recent II dates? Was that likely the last round?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Does anyone know if financial need is an absolute requirement for a scholarship at Tufts? After acceptance, when will financial aid information be given out? Thanks!
I couldn't tell you 100% but everything I have heard and seen about Tufts and FinAid is that it's need-based.Does anyone know if financial need is an absolute requirement for a scholarship at Tufts? After acceptance, when will financial aid information be given out? Thanks!
is it crazy that there was 550 applicants admitted out of 928 who interviewed? I find that number crazy
Yeah I think its becauseis it crazy that there was 550 applicants admitted out of 928 who interviewed? I find that number crazy
1. tufts is one of the few top middle tier schools (or precieve to be as such) so it gets alot of students who get accepted at really top tier schools and take those over tufts.
2. The school is expensive and people view money as more of a issue when they have multiple acceptances, but I'm assuming that tufts interviewes applicants who are more likely to get multiple acceptance (as seen in point one)
I really don't know these are just guesses but I was blown away by that number as well hopefully that means good news for us
accepted yesterday afternoon, interviewed mid-January!
Congrats!accepted yesterday afternoon, interviewed mid-January!
Maine track or regular MD?
regular MDCongrats!
Maine track or regular MD?
We think any more II's left?
We think any more II's left?
The Multiple Acceptance Report is out this week I think, so I imagine based on what that looks like more IIs might go out or not go out at a lot of schools.
The Multiple Acceptance Report is out this week I think, so I imagine based on what that looks like more IIs might go out or not go out at a lot of schools.
How does that work? Do schools know which applicants have acceptances at other schools? Does that decrease your chance of getting more IIs?
How does that work? Do schools know which applicants have acceptances at other schools? Does that decrease your chance of getting more IIs?
No, not for applicants. They can only see multiple acceptances for those students they have accepted. If they haven't accepted you, they can't see anything. There's a report that comes out later in the spring with more information about applicants.
Basically this report lets them see where their accepted students were accepted at, and they can gauge their needs appropriately. I would think that if they see that many of their accepted students have other offers that they may take over this one, they may choose to interview more. I know I've seen that stated by adcoms in the past, but how much it applies to Tufts is anyone's guess.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre ii rejection just now
Complete early August
LizzyM 71 oos
Goodluck everyone
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Complete early August
LizzyM 71 oos
Goodluck everyone
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I
iandraggia
Axed complete late august
+1Pre ii rejection just now
Complete early August
LizzyM 71 oos
Goodluck everyone
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
And the slaughter begins. Rejected pre-II. Complete July. Really wanted to go here 😢
Rejected, this one stung. Last chance to be anywhere near home, oh well, hope everyone else has better luck!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Rejected. Thought i survived but then i got the email a few minutes later
Sent from my SM-G550T using SDN mobile
Sent from my SM-G550T using SDN mobile
Rejected. Good luck, everybody else 😛
There was an official one made by the current M1s. https://www.facebook.com/groups/225822177879840/How do you join the facebook group for recently accepted applicants? I clicked the link posted a few months ago on this thread to the facebook group but nothing shows up. I haven't received any emails or fb notifications about the group either..
You should request to join this group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/225822177879840/
EDIT: Lol, someone beat me to it by a minute!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/225822177879840/
EDIT: Lol, someone beat me to it by a minute!
Julycomplete date? @Gryffindor20 @holdingontohopemd @medtech2MD @kbac13 @Shirafune
Augustcomplete date? @Gryffindor20 @holdingontohopemd @medtech2MD @kbac13 @Shirafune
Sent from my SM-G550T using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete in late July/early August.complete date? @Gryffindor20 @holdingontohopemd @medtech2MD @kbac13 @Shirafune
This school is amazing. If anyone has an interview day coming up you're seriously in for a wonderful experience.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using SDN mobile
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using SDN mobile
I sent an update a few hours before that rejection wave went out and ended up surviving. I wonder if the update made any difference.
Tufts interviews all the way until the last day of March, so I'd say there probably aren't a lot left to give out but there are some.Still alive after all these rejections, but there can't be that many more interviews to give out, right?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K