Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Tufts University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
My status reads " your application is ready!" Is that the same as yours?
No, there is another update that will say "You are currently under screening process"
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nothing really matters until an official decision!I'm wondering if these statuses have any meaning at all. I went from ready for review to under screening back to ready for review.
I could have easily missed the "under screening" change if I weren't a portal stalker
I'm wondering if these statuses have any meaning at all. I went from ready for review to under screening back to ready for review.
I could have easily missed the "under screening" change if I weren't a portal stalker
I had the same thing happen to me. until we have an II, the changes don't make a difference (at least that's what I'm telling myself!)
When your status changes, it's because the adcoms are, in one way or another, doing something with your application. It could be good or bad. So yeah, it's pretty meaningless because you really have no idea what is going to happen, regardless of what status changes you just went through. All you can do is wait and check on it every week or so, only to keep your own sanity.
.
Last edited:
I've said this before, but it seems I need to say it again....
STOP overthinking the verbiage. You will receive one of two emails from Tufts when they have made a decision: Rejection or Interview Invite. I know you all want to continuously check the portal for updates, but you will just drive yourself mad.
people will fret. decisions will be made. it's the way of things
So Tufts doesn't put people on hold?I've said this before, but it seems I need to say it again....
STOP overthinking the verbiage. You will receive one of two emails from Tufts when they have made a decision: Rejection or Interview Invite. I know you all want to continuously check the portal for updates, but you will just drive yourself mad.
If you mean like Drexel or Rosalind Franklin where they email you and explicitly tell you you're on hold, no. They keep you on file for as long as they want - as it says on the website. It's not uncommon, as with both years I applied, to be complete within the first week the secondaries went out and not get an interview until Dec/Jan. Remember, Tufts is in the Top 10 of most applied to programs. Last year they got over 10K submitted secondaries. It takes time to go through all those.So Tufts doesn't put people on hold?
CLARIFICATION: Tufts does put people on hold, but that's post interview.
Thanks for the insight! 🙂If you mean like Drexel or Rosalind Franklin where they email you and explicitly tell you you're on hold, no. They keep you on file for as long as they want - as it says on the website. It's not uncommon, as with both years I applied, to be complete within the first week the secondaries went out and not get an interview until Dec/Jan. Remember, Tufts is in the Top 10 of most applied to programs. Last year they got over 10K submitted secondaries. It takes time to go through all those.
CLARIFICATION: Tufts does put people on hold, but that's post interview.
Just got an email asking me to send a letter explaining my IA...ughh
I literally didn't fill out the secondaries from Temple and MCW just because I didn't want to go through all of that trouble, but I already submitted this secondary so I guess I have to figure out how to do this...seriously considering just withdrawing because my undergrad is so big and disorganized it's going to be a huge hassle getting this Dean's letter
I literally didn't fill out the secondaries from Temple and MCW just because I didn't want to go through all of that trouble, but I already submitted this secondary so I guess I have to figure out how to do this...seriously considering just withdrawing because my undergrad is so big and disorganized it's going to be a huge hassle getting this Dean's letter
uh oh is that for all IAs??? Was yours really bad? I dont want to have to do that again
mine was such a stupid IA not even real but i wanted to just put it and now all these hurdles b/c of it. i shouldnt of even put it!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
uh oh is that for all IAs??? Was yours really bad? I dont want to have to do that again
Their email said they require for all IA's. They are giving me a month to get it in and I don't think it holds up your application. I'm going to try and find out how to get that letter even though my IA was expunged I believe...
i didnt get that email. did you just get it today?
i didnt get that email. did you just get it today?
Yeah I just got it this morning
Submitted 7/20, status just changed today to under screening process.
+1
Complete 7/21
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
What's an IATheir email said they require for all IA's. They are giving me a month to get it in and I don't think it holds up your application. I'm going to try and find out how to get that letter even though my IA was expunged I believe...
A lot of schools ask for a dean's letter regarding IAs, even if their website doesn't explicitly state it. I'd do my best to get that letter to avoid futire issues.
Institutional Action.What's an IA
.
Last edited:
Got it today too, I have a minor IA. Don't think it holds up your app at all though
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Same for me - complete 7/26. They're moving right along!
In the Android app, the last post shows up when viewing your list of subbed threads. This post totally made me think people were getting IIs already!Same for me - complete 7/26. They're moving right along!
A lot of schools ask for a dean's letter regarding IAs, even if their website doesn't explicitly state it. I'd do my best to get that letter to avoid futire issues.
Which schools? I only know of Tufts, Temple, MCW, and BU...are there others?
Hmm, I didn't get anything from Tufts about an IA? What did the email say? Can it be emailed? Or does it have to be mailed?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an email asking me to send a letter explaining my IA...ughh
I literally didn't fill out the secondaries from Temple and MCW just because I didn't want to go through all of that trouble, but I already submitted this secondary so I guess I have to figure out how to do this...seriously considering just withdrawing because my undergrad is so big and disorganized it's going to be a huge hassle getting this Dean's letter
Got it today too, I have a minor IA. Don't think it holds up your app at all though
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Was this after getting a complete e-mail? I'm asking because I have an IA and they sent me a complete e-mail a couple days ago, and I haven't received any e-mail requesting a Dean's letter. If it matters mine was an academic probation in 2005 for 1 semester.
Was this after getting a complete e-mail? I'm asking because I have an IA and they sent me a complete e-mail a couple days ago, and I haven't received any e-mail requesting a Dean's letter. If it matters mine was an academic probation in 2005 for 1 semester.
I received a complete email over a week ago and just received the IA email today. Here is what it said:
Thank you for applying to Tufts University School of Medicine. In reviewing your application, we have noted an Institutional Action that took place during your college career. In order for your application process to continue, it is our standing policy to request an official explanation of such action from the college or university.
Please ask an appropriate official at your school to provide, on institutional letterhead, a written statement pertaining to this institutional action. This document should be stamped confidential and addressed as follows:
Thank you! Guess I'll be getting that soon.I received a complete email over a week ago and just received the IA email today. Here is what it said:
Thank you for applying to Tufts University School of Medicine. In reviewing your application, we have noted an Institutional Action that took place during your college career. In order for your application process to continue, it is our standing policy to request an official explanation of such action from the college or university.
Please ask an appropriate official at your school to provide, on institutional letterhead, a written statement pertaining to this institutional action. This document should be stamped confidential and addressed as follows:
I wish 🙄In the Android app, the last post shows up when viewing your list of subbed threads. This post totally made me think people were getting IIs already!
My application was verified July 21st and I still haven't received a secondary from this school - do they screen? My GPA is 3.6 and MCAT 517.
My application was verified July 21st and I still haven't received a secondary from this school - do they screen? My GPA is 3.6 and MCAT 517.
They don't screen. You'll probably get one soon! I would just pre write and wait.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
My application has said "Your application is ready!" for almost 3 weeks now. ?????
My application has said "Your application is ready!" for almost 3 weeks now. ?????
Yea I think mine said "complete" for like 2 and a half or so and then switched to "currently under screening process."
Same hereMy application has said "Your application is ready!" for almost 3 weeks now. ?????
So I got AP credit for Physics I and II, didn't take any more Physics classes at college. I wrote that and said that I planned on taking another physics class in Spring 2017... Am I an auto-reject for not "fulfilling" the physics pre-req?
So I got AP credit for Physics I and II, didn't take any more Physics classes at college. I wrote that and said that I planned on taking another physics class in Spring 2017... Am I an auto-reject for not "fulfilling" the physics pre-req?
Call the admissions office and ask.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I received a complete email over a week ago and just received the IA email today. Here is what it said:
Thank you for applying to Tufts University School of Medicine. In reviewing your application, we have noted an Institutional Action that took place during your college career. In order for your application process to continue, it is our standing policy to request an official explanation of such action from the college or university.
Please ask an appropriate official at your school to provide, on institutional letterhead, a written statement pertaining to this institutional action. This document should be stamped confidential and addressed as follows:
Did you have to specify in the application that you had an IA? As far as I saw, there were no questions regarding IAs so I didn't note mine and now I'm confused because I got the same complete email as everyone else. Do they do an external search or something and then email you when they find ur IA?
Did you have to specify in the application that you had an IA? As far as I saw, there were no questions regarding IAs so I didn't note mine and now I'm confused because I got the same complete email as everyone else. Do they do an external search or something and then email you when they find ur IA?
There's a spot for IAs on the AAMC app, not the Tufts one (that I can remember).
They don't send you that message, though, until much later (3-4 weeks, at least).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II complete 7/15.
II complete 7/18
OH SugarHoneyIcedTea II JUST NOW![]()
Congrats guys! Do you mind sharing your stats?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Oh, I am not a stat powerhouse by any means. LM standing at a modest 66-68 lol
Nothing special. I've commented multiple times on stats and ECs on other threads which is why I've been leaving it out.
Oh, I am not a stat powerhouse by any means. LM standing at a modest 66-68 lol
I am definitely not either...hope to hear soon, but was complete on 7/19
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
