You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Tufts University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
No ties to the state, honestly really surprised to hear from Tufts so quickly!
LM ~70 (strong upwards mcat 510+)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats on the IIs, everyone!
Please love me, Tufts!!! 🙂
Same here! Complete beginning of July with no love yet [emoji24]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Same here! Complete beginning of July with no love yet [emoji24]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
They just started sending them, I'm sure we are next 😉
I received the complete email on 7/14 but still haven't heard anything about IA
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I received the complete email on 7/14 but still haven't heard anything about IA
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Maybe call them! They are super nice on the phone! 🙂
I was complete on 7/11 and haven't received an IA email either.I received the complete email on 7/14 but still haven't heard anything about IA
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
me either and I called them Im afraid it is a bad sign b/c I think they get them from people they are interested inI was complete on 7/11 and haven't received an IA email either.
me either and I called them Im afraid it is a bad sign b/c I think they get them from people they are interested in
What did they say when you called?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
The admissions website FAQs say that apps are held until February. It wouldn't make sense to only ask the first wave of interviewees to send IA letters, might as well collect them all at once in case they decide to interview a candidate later on. Just my take on it...me either and I called them Im afraid it is a bad sign b/c I think they get them from people they are interested in
Like @Hopeful_vet asked, could you please elaborate on what they said on the phone? Or did you not get through to them?
Whew ok. Yea I specified on the AAMC app and combed through the Tufts app and couldn't find anything. Thanks!There's a spot for IAs on the AAMC app, not the Tufts one (that I can remember).
They don't send you that message, though, until much later (3-4 weeks, at least).
Congrats to everyone who have already received a II. If you are not from the area and have questions about lodging, travel, etc do not hesitate to ask. For everyone else, don't be nervous, Tufts interviews into March. As long as you haven't received a rejection, you are still in the hunt.
Side note: @Phoodie , some AdComs at different schools do snoop around on SDN from time to time. Having major, AMCAS GPA and MCAT (with breakdown) does provide them a certain amount of data that could single you out. Just a heads up. SDN is great, but mainly for its anonymity.
Side note: @Phoodie , some AdComs at different schools do snoop around on SDN from time to time. Having major, AMCAS GPA and MCAT (with breakdown) does provide them a certain amount of data that could single you out. Just a heads up. SDN is great, but mainly for its anonymity.
Congrats to everyone who have already received a II. If you are not from the area and have questions about lodging, travel, etc do not hesitate to ask. For everyone else, don't be nervous, Tufts interviews into March. As long as you haven't received a rejection, you are still in the hunt.
Side note: @Phoodie , some AdComs at different schools do snoop around on SDN from time to time. Having major, AMCAS GPA and MCAT (with breakdown) does provide them a certain amount of data that could single you out. Just a heads up. SDN is great, but mainly for its anonymity.
Ah, great point. Thanks!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
II today, OOS, 517, 3.91 cGPA
Pretty stoked, kind of in disbelief about getting an interview.
Pretty stoked, kind of in disbelief about getting an interview.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry but you get a big fat EYEROLL from me haha.. surprised with those stats?! Congratulations!II today, OOS, 517, 3.91 cGPA
Pretty stoked, kind of is disbelief about getting an interview.
II today, OOS, 517, 3.91 cGPA
Pretty stoked, kind of is disbelief about getting an interview.
Congrats! Complete?
I don't mean to seem like I am humble-bragging, I truly was surprised to get one this early, and I generally have low self-confidence so it takes a lot to make me feel confident in myself. So I apologize for making anyone feel weird :/Sorry but you get a big fat EYEROLL from me haha.. surprised with those stats?! Congratulations!
7/7!Congrats! Complete?
I don't mean to seem like I am humble-bragging, I truly was surprised to get one this early, and I generally have low self-confidence so it takes a lot to make me feel confident in myself. So I apologize for making anyone feel weird :/
Haha it's okay, congratulations! I'm happy for you. Being humble is excellent, but a healthy dose of confidence is key- you should be proud of your stats!
Thank you! It's a work in progress hahahHaha it's okay, congratulations! I'm happy for you. Being humble is excellent, but a healthy dose of confidence is key- you should be proud of your stats!
How long did it take on average for people to hear back from Tufts after "You are currently under screening process."?
L
LA-2017
Submitted July 14th.How long did it take on average for people to hear back from Tufts after "You are currently under screening process."?
Still under screening process
thanks, but do you know when your status changed to that?Submitted July 14th.
Still under screening process
L
LA-2017
I'm not sure when it changed from ready to review to under screening.thanks, but do you know when your status changed to that?
I mean, it took me probably a little over a month. It should vary pretty wildly though, since the application process is very nonlinear. I was complete early in July, and people complete after me got IIs before me, so it is hard to make any conclusions about when you would hear back based on others' experiences.How long did it take on average for people to hear back from Tufts after "You are currently under screening process."?
Congrats to everyone who have already received a II. If you are not from the area and have questions about lodging, travel, etc do not hesitate to ask. For everyone else, don't be nervous, Tufts interviews into March. As long as you haven't received a rejection, you are still in the hunt.
Side note: @Phoodie , some AdComs at different schools do snoop around on SDN from time to time. Having major, AMCAS GPA and MCAT (with breakdown) does provide them a certain amount of data that could single you out. Just a heads up. SDN is great, but mainly for its anonymity.
Do you know anything about the student hosting program? Would I be in walking distance of admissions? Trying to save some money and forego a hotel.
does anyone know if Tufts is receptive to in the area emails? I will be flying in to Boston from the west coast and I would rather not pay for the same trip multiple times, if it could be avoided
Maine Track II!
Congrats!! Would you mind sharing when your app was complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2nd week in JulyCongrats!! Would you mind sharing when your app was complete?
2nd week in July
Pretty disappointed I didn't get an II this round, maybe in the next batch!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Whoa, it's MMI, and not until the end of October.
Its MMI?!
Can anyone with a regular MD interview confirm if those are MMI as well?
Can anyone with a regular MD interview confirm if those are MMI as well?
I don't have an II, but the MSAR website states that the interview day consists of two individual interviews with adcoms.
This is a quote from the Tufts website:
This is a quote from the Tufts website:
The interview program consists of a full day of speakers, presentations, lunch, an opportunity to meet some of our current students, a tour, and two individual interviews with members of the Admissions Committee. Interviews are scheduled only by invitation of the admissions committee, and we do not conduct regional interviews.
I believe it was not MMI for regular MD in previous years. I'm pretty sure the MMI thing for ME Track came up in last year's thread, too, I had just forgotten about it.Its MMI?!
Can anyone with a regular MD interview confirm if those are MMI as well?
I know some people at Tufts and have confirmed that its MMI for ME track only. Two one-on-one interviews for regular MD.
There are "also two standard interviews with a separate Admissions committee member." I assume that means one-on-one, but could very well be multiples on either side. So we get both for ME Track, and all within a two hour window. I wonder how that's going to breakdown 

Received the Maine II 🙂 🙂 complete around mid-July! Anyone know how may students are in the Maine track specifically? This may be on their website but I don't recall seeing it.
35-40
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I'm still working on the secondary, and I was wondering if anyone got an II/acceptance without answering the first secondary question (Do you wish to include any comments...). I figure if they wanted Why Tufts they would've asked for that right?
Following up on this: any idea how many people apply to / receive interviews for the Maine Track?Received the Maine II 🙂 🙂 complete around mid-July! Anyone know how may students are in the Maine track specifically? This may be on their website but I don't recall seeing it.
People accepted in previous cycles have said they left it blank. As I have gathered from other schools' threads, the thing to do with any similar question is really only answer it if you have something of substance to say. For instance, I have some relatively unique ties to the school. Writing about them definitely didn't get me the II, but I expect it to be a conversation piece during the interview. If it's just something like, "I like Boston. Tufts is awesome because [insert content from website]..." then you would be better off leaving it blank.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the Maine Track specifically, yes, there is a very heavy in state bias. For the school as a whole, though, no.hey guys, sorry if this is a noob question, but just curious why people are writing about being OOS or a resident of Maine since this is a private university... there's no in-state preference, is there?
Oh okay, I thought that might be it but wasn't sure, thanks!For the Maine Track specifically, yes, there is a very heavy in state bias. For the school as a whole, though, no.
People accepted in previous cycles have said they left it blank. As I have gathered from other schools' threads, the thing to do with any similar question is really only answer it if you have something of substance to say. For instance, I have some relatively unique ties to the school. Writing about them definitely didn't get me the II, but I expect it to be a conversation piece during the interview. If it's just something like, "I like Boston. Tufts is awesome because [insert content from website]..." then you would be better off leaving it blank.
I had actually interest and relationship with tufts med since I went to grad school. I wrote a pretty compelling Why Tufts optional essay that went over very well.
The class make up, excluding main track, is 60% north east and 35% Massachusetts. MA ties definitely matter.For the Maine Track specifically, yes, there is a very heavy in state bias. For the school as a whole, though, no.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K