2016-2017 University of Arizona - Tucson Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
5 weeks and counting since the last email from UA Admissions... Gotta stay strong!
I had a fortune cookie that said "Your efforts in a critical area will soon be rewarded" so here's hoping for some good news pretty soon haha ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
I had a fortune cookie that said "Your efforts in a critical area will soon be rewarded" so here's hoping for some good news pretty soon haha ;)
It's a desperate time when we start placing our hope in fortune cookies :rofl:
Patience is a virtue but damn.... this is some next level waitingo_O

Reactions: 2 users
I am just hoping for a batch of 30 acceptances instead of 15...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Alright, who is going to be the brave one that calls the admissions office to get us all an update? :rofl:Haha! (Kidding) this is all part of the process.. they are testing our patience ;)

Last edited:
Stay strong guys! Sending good vibes and hoping you all hear some good news soon. :xf:

Reactions: 3 users
Alright, who is going to be the brave one that calls the admissions office to get us all an update? :rofl:Haha! (Kidding) this is all part of the process.. they are testing our patience ;) haha!

I stopped by last week and they told me they can't tell that info :(

Thanks for trying! I really thought that it was stated somewhere that they meet every 2 weeks to review applicants and offer acceptances. Did anyone else get that impression?

Thanks for trying! I really thought that it was stated somewhere that they meet every 2 weeks to review applicants and offer acceptances. Did anyone else get that impression?
I got that impression but the lady in the Admissions Office told me they will meet up at least once a month, not necessarily biweekly.

I got that impression but the lady in the Admissions Office told me they will meet up at least once a month, not necessarily biweekly.
I'm not necessarily surprised that it's delayed because of the holiday season. Honestly wasn't expecting to hear back until February.

February?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I interviewed on December 16th. Pretty sure it was the last interview before the holiday season. They said 4-6 weeks at my interview day and this is the 6th week and next week is February, lol.

Is there a pattern to when interview invites are given out? Or are they sent randomly? Thanks!
No real pattern. In the beginning it's probably weekly - now towards the end of the MMI season, it's as spaces open and/or cancellations occur.

I am not sure how true that is. There is a prescreen, and though I am sure the standards for OOS are higher, they still screen out IS as far as I know.
Standards for secondaries for both OOS and IS students are the same. Our only benchmark is that we cannot accept more than 50% OOS.

Members don't see this ad :)
+5 :( First update since 10/22 interview.
We update as your status changes. There's 2 trains of thought here - we can send updates weekly and frustrate applicants or we can send them less frequently and still frustrate applicants. Either way, it's a waiting game. And we're REALLY not trying to make life horrible.

Reactions: 6 users
The Admissions should be announcing another batch of acceptances for Post-II applicants.
Admissions meets regularly and therefore accepts regularly. We do not post when we meet or when we accept. Acceptances are sent up to March 15.

That's right - we don't publish when we're meeting or when we're accepting. Please remember that you're all stressing out over time during Holiday Break - the committee did not meet during then either.

Got another post-II "not selected at this time" update today. I appreciate the transparency, but after a while these emails just get depressing.

Has anyone else received a "not selected at this time" email, or perhaps the lucky congratulatory acceptance email?... I haven't received anything yet, but I'm curious to know if everyone is receiving their emails about the same time.

Has anyone else received a "not selected at this time" email, or perhaps the lucky congratulatory acceptance email?... I haven't received anything yet, but I'm curious to know if everyone is receiving their emails about the same time.
I haven't yet.

Reactions: 1 users
I haven't yet.

I cautiously hope that not receiving the "not selected at this time", means that an acceptance email is on the way. (Gotta grasp onto those straws!)

Reactions: 2 users
I cautiously hope that not receiving the "not selected at this time", means that an acceptance email is on the way. (Gotta grasp onto those straws!)
Why did u put this thought into my head :(

Why did u put this thought into my head :(

If it makes you feel better you could always go to your UA portal and check to see if the red exclamation has been replaced with a green check-mark.

If it makes you feel better you could always go to your UA portal and check to see if the red exclamation has been replaced with a green check-mark.
I have been trying to work myself up to do this for so long! lol it's like I want to know but I also don't want to know haha

Also have not received hold email yet... wishfully hoping those who haven't will get an acceptance :xf:

I received a hold email this morning as well

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this school always sends out acceptances first. Hold emails second. So if they already started sending out the "not at this time" emails, that means this round of acceptances has already been given out.

Last edited:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this school always sends out acceptances first. Hold emails second. So if they already started sending out the "not at this time" emails, that means this round of acceptances has already been given out.
May I ask how you know this?

Following the cycle it seems like that is the pattern, but was it said somewhere specifically?

Last edited:
May I ask how you know this?

Following the cycle it seems like that is the pattern, but was it said somewhere specifically?
I don't know for sure, but as you said just by following the cycle you can see that that's the pattern.

I don't know for sure, but as you said just by following the cycle you can see that that's the pattern.

I've noticed that pattern before too, but then again there has always been at least one SDN person that's confirmed it by saying they received an acceptance email. It's hard to say though, maybe it's worth checking out last years thread to see if anyone got an acceptance email shortly after those "on-hold" emails.

Just received another "not selected at this time" email.

I wonder if UA COM-T Admissions could tell us how many acceptances were given out this round, and how many spots are left.

When I saw the e-mail from UofA COM my heart about stopped and a rush of excitement hit me.... but it was just another "you're still in the applicant pool" e-mail.. :(

Dang this process messes with my emotions!

When I saw the e-mail from UofA COM my heart about stopped and a rush of excitement hit me.... but it was just another "you're still in the applicant pool" e-mail.. :(

Dang this process messes with my emotions!

Let's just hope that they were conservative with the number of acceptances given out.

Reactions: 4 users
+3.

Also, I was reading on the schools website (under admissions-->decisions tab) that they will have 6 rounds of acceptances. We've only gone through 3 so far. So there's that lol.