2022-2023 Arizona - Tucson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I haven't gotten the postII-R rejection yet. Should I expect a waitlist email soon?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I wish they just send whatever decision today. I dont wanna wait until next week ;(

Reactions: 1 user
So is there anything to do if we're waitlisted? They don't accept updates, and it seems like they won't provide info on waitlist movement.

Members don't see this ad :)
+1 WL : next steps:
wait for withdrawals, don’t sign an apt lease, mental impairment and anxiety to continue every other Friday. I no longer wanna “live on the edge”!

So is there anything to do if we're waitlisted? They don't accept updates, and it seems like they won't provide info on waitlist movement.
Anywhere from 35-50 waitlist spots, typically they take around 25 each year

post-II R, interviewed in December. This was my 3rd year interviewing here so that's pretty rough. I was hoping for at least a waitlist, like why interview me 3 years in a row if you don't want me lol

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
post-II R, interviewed in December. This was my 3rd year interviewing here so that's pretty rough. I was hoping for at least a waitlist, like why interview me 3 years in a row if you don't want me lol
Sorry to know that, it definitely sucks. Did you ever ask them for feedback on your app if it’s something that they provide?

I am so sorry this has happened to you. Just plain insensitive.

• Care
Post II- R, interviewed mid September

• Care
Just out of curiosity, if you've been waitlisted here, have you completed all your pre reqs?

When people signed up to do an application review with faculty, did you get a confirmation email for the appointment you scheduled?

When do you think WL movement will start:( i cant wait for May

For all of us in the WL boat, don’t wait for Friday’s , calls/emails can come any day. A WL is hope, not a rejection. Stay +

• Love
Got the call for the A, off the waitlist!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
hello, I was recently accepted here, but I'm oos and was reading things and found that there was a shooting on UA campus where someone was killed. Is Tuscon a safe place? I heard that there isn't a big presence of campus police and the campus could be dangerous? Is this true?
Tucson itself is a relatively safe place - and the incident that you described was a a very unique scenario which unfortunately led to loss of a beloved professor. However, that was on the main undergraduate campus and not the medical campus. Overall, campus police does their job and the campus is mostly safe.

Sigh, I called admissions, obviously no info can be disclosed about the waitlist, but—May 1st accepted students gotta commit and the admissions office is anticipating movement first week of May. They are not waiting weeks down the road. I was told that they can “see” how many students have multiple school acceptances but they cannot see who those specific students are —but they do exist! That is the most up to date info received directly from the admissions office.

• Love
Does anyone on the waitlist not see Tucson on the Choose Your Medical School list?

Withdrew my A here! Hopefully one of u on the W gets it!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users