You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Arizona - Tucson
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Pre-II R here too!
hopefullyDrD
Full Member
Thanks, yeah but like, previously, I was able to upload my CV and a research update which is no longer visible to me. I was just curious if the portal settings also changed for others…I don't believe you are supposed to upload anything in there unless requested.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
staypeachy
Full Member
is there anyone still on hold, or was this batch of pre-II Rs pretty much signaling the end of the interview season for them?
smallfry804
Full Member
Pre-II R OOS
I guess it's nice to hear something back
I guess it's nice to hear something back
+1, complete mid August, put on hold in November.Pre-II R OOS
I didn't hear anything from them since then so I just assumed a WL/R. I'm OOS.Wow, congratulations! Fellow September II here. Did you receive any communication from them between your interview and admission?
i think they do, but i have yet to receive one hahahahDo they call you if you get an A?
Ya nothing but scam calls 🙁(i think they do, but i have yet to receive one hahahah
graceful1414
New Member
I know it says they don't accept letters of intent/interest, but has anyone tried to send one or is that frowned upon?
pleasejust1
Full Member
You are correct, no updates/intent/interest. A student in their program told me it can be viewed as disrespectful/not following rules…..I know it says they don't accept letters of intent/interest, but has anyone tried to send one or is that frowned upon?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pancho_med
New Member
Most likely this Friday, or the next one. Check last year's SDN to see the R and waitlist situation I think it was posted there!do y'all know when the next round of decisions are? or when they plan on sending post-II R/waitlists?
I hope I hear back 🙁 Interviewed on Jan 20Most likely this Friday, or the next one. Check last year's SDN to see the R and waitlist situation I think it was posted there!
Today may be the day to hear back
Morning🥲Do they usually release decisions in morning or afternoon lol im so anxious
Oh no :/ I mean it might be too early for me to hear back anyways (interviewed jan 20) but I just can't handle the waitMorning🥲
I have seen many around Lunch/Afternoon as well!Do they usually release decisions in morning or afternoon lol im so anxious
Congrats! I hope we hear more decisions today.Got the call! OOS A today, interviewed 02/10. So excited!
Congrats!!! Wooo! About what time?Got the call! OOS A today, interviewed 02/10. So excited!
Do they send an email and a call? Or is it just a call
Does anyone know how much longer until they stop sending A's and start sending the WL/R's post-II? Last years thread it happened the second week of March, which is now 2 weeks away. I know they are very vague about admissions timelines and whatnot, but it's kind of frustrating to not have any information at all on when you will know
PhantomHive7
Full Member
When did you interview?Does anyone know how much longer until they stop sending A's and start sending the WL/R's post-II? Last years thread it happened the second week of March, which is now 2 weeks away. I know they are very vague about admissions timelines and whatnot, but it's kind of frustrating to not have any information at all on when you will know
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how many acceptances Tucson has given out?
No idea but tbh this school has been the bane of existence for the past 3 months at this point waiting for the W or RDoes anyone know how many acceptances Tucson has given out?
I also think this is what may be happening. Last year when they were still sending out post-II update emails, the last one I got about acceptances going out was the end of February. Then the next communication was a few weeks later with either R or WLI interviewed on Jan 20 and I'm starting to get worried I'm either getting an R or a WL.
This makes me so sad.I also think this is what may be happening. Last year when they were still sending out post-II update emails, the last one I got about acceptances going out was the end of February. Then the next communication was a few weeks later with either R or WL
dogsbestfriend
New Member
I interviewed in September and still have not heard any updates. Has anyone else experienced this?
On their website, they have a timeline that shows they give out decisions from October-AprilDoes anyone know if they send acceptances in March? or are they like, done sending As? 😬
They aren't done sending A's! Still hope forsure 🙂Does anyone know if they send acceptances in March? or are they like, done sending As? 😬
PhantomHive7
Full Member
Thinking about tomorrow makes me sick
Do you think theyll send decisions out? Isnt it usually every 2 weeks?Thinking about tomorrow makes me sick
PhantomHive7
Full Member
Honestly I have no idea, either way I’ll be hypersensitive to any noises or vibrations from my phone. Might even hear a phantom phone ring or feel a phantom vibration here and thereDo you think theyll send decisions out? Isnt it usually every 2 weeks?
So has anyone heard anything today?
Anything?
PhantomHive7
Full Member
🦗Anything?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What is the significance of March 15th?Do they somewhat have to call by next Friday for the AAMC March 15th date?
I might be interpreting this wrong but the AAMC website states:What is the significance of March 15th?
"The AAMC recommends that each MD or MD-PhD granting school or program:
.
.
.
4. By March 15 of the matriculation year, issue a number of acceptance offers at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and report those acceptance actions to AMCAS."
Thank you I didn't know about that. I would also expect them to release decisions close to that date.I might be interpreting this wrong but the AAMC website states:
"The AAMC recommends that each MD or MD-PhD granting school or program:
.
.
.
4. By March 15 of the matriculation year, issue a number of acceptance offers at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and report those acceptance actions to AMCAS."
random_username
Full Member
last year I got my post-ii R on 3/11 so it's possible that next friday is final decision day. The year prior to that, final decisions were 4/6/21