2022-2023 Arizona - Tucson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
is there anyone still on hold, or was this batch of pre-II Rs pretty much signaling the end of the interview season for them?

Wow, congratulations! Fellow September II here. Did you receive any communication from them between your interview and admission?
I didn't hear anything from them since then so I just assumed a WL/R. I'm OOS.

A on 2/10! OOS. Interviewed 12/2.
Is there an accepted student groupme/facebook group?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know it says they don't accept letters of intent/interest, but has anyone tried to send one or is that frowned upon?

I know it says they don't accept letters of intent/interest, but has anyone tried to send one or is that frowned upon?
You are correct, no updates/intent/interest. A student in their program told me it can be viewed as disrespectful/not following rules…..

Last edited:
do y'all know when the next round of decisions are? or when they plan on sending post-II R/waitlists?

do y'all know when the next round of decisions are? or when they plan on sending post-II R/waitlists?
Most likely this Friday, or the next one. Check last year's SDN to see the R and waitlist situation I think it was posted there!

Reactions: 1 user
Everyday Friday I have anxiety from waiting

Reactions: 2 users
Do they usually release decisions in morning or afternoon lol im so anxious

Does anyone know how much longer until they stop sending A's and start sending the WL/R's post-II? Last years thread it happened the second week of March, which is now 2 weeks away. I know they are very vague about admissions timelines and whatnot, but it's kind of frustrating to not have any information at all on when you will know

Does anyone know how much longer until they stop sending A's and start sending the WL/R's post-II? Last years thread it happened the second week of March, which is now 2 weeks away. I know they are very vague about admissions timelines and whatnot, but it's kind of frustrating to not have any information at all on when you will know
When did you interview?

I interviewed on Jan 20 and I'm starting to get worried I'm either getting an R or a WL.

I interviewed on Jan 20 and I'm starting to get worried I'm either getting an R or a WL.
I also think this is what may be happening. Last year when they were still sending out post-II update emails, the last one I got about acceptances going out was the end of February. Then the next communication was a few weeks later with either R or WL

I also think this is what may be happening. Last year when they were still sending out post-II update emails, the last one I got about acceptances going out was the end of February. Then the next communication was a few weeks later with either R or WL
This makes me so sad.

• Care
I interviewed in September and still have not heard any updates. Has anyone else experienced this?

Reactions: 10 users
Does anyone know if they send acceptances in March? or are they like, done sending As? 😬

Does anyone know if they send acceptances in March? or are they like, done sending As? 😬
On their website, they have a timeline that shows they give out decisions from October-April

Do you think theyll send decisions out? Isnt it usually every 2 weeks?
Honestly I have no idea, either way I’ll be hypersensitive to any noises or vibrations from my phone. Might even hear a phantom phone ring or feel a phantom vibration here and there

Reactions: 2 users
Nothing yet. We may hear something next Friday

Do they somewhat have to call by next Friday for the AAMC March 15th date?

What is the significance of March 15th?
I might be interpreting this wrong but the AAMC website states:

"The AAMC recommends that each MD or MD-PhD granting school or program:
4. By March 15 of the matriculation year, issue a number of acceptance offers at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and report those acceptance actions to AMCAS."

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I might be interpreting this wrong but the AAMC website states:

"The AAMC recommends that each MD or MD-PhD granting school or program:
4. By March 15 of the matriculation year, issue a number of acceptance offers at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and report those acceptance actions to AMCAS."
Thank you I didn't know about that. I would also expect them to release decisions close to that date.