2022-2023 Arizona - Tucson

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My friend who is an MSII there said not to worry about anything until I get that email, he said if I haven’t gotten that email they haven’t even gotten to review my application as a total package with the interview score yet
I thought they weren’t sending those this cycle bc people in September haven’t got that email. By the email are you referring to “we’ve accepted people but not you yet”?
 
What’s this email about?
If you look at previous sdn cycles for this school, they send an email to interviewed applicants saying that the committee met and accepted people that day, but not them.. yet and they will still be reviewed in further committee meetings potentially. Idk if they are doing that this cycle bc people in September who interviewed would have gotten that email several times by now but idk if anyone has yet. Unless people have gotten it… not sure
 
They're doing things differently this year they said (responding to feedback that they were sending too many updates last year), but has anyone's portal updated at least? There is no indication anywhere in my portal that my status has changed since my interview except where it has check marks next to each of the MMI interviewer names
 
I feel like theyve called once in January and last Friday, so I think they have reviewed people in November, December, and possibly early January?
 
did they call last Friday? I know they said possibly the end of the first week of February but it's possible that they meant this week if no one has a confirmed acceptance from last friday
 
did they call last Friday? I know they said possibly the end of the first week of February but it's possible that they meant this week if no one has a confirmed acceptance from last friday
Hmmm i feel like the first week of Feb was last week?🤷‍♂️ But idk.. im hoping it wasnt
 
If you look at previous sdn cycles for this school, they send an email to interviewed applicants saying that the committee met and accepted people that day, but not them.. yet and they will still be reviewed in further committee meetings potentially. Idk if they are doing that this cycle bc people in September who interviewed would have gotten that email several times by now but idk if anyone has yet. Unless people have gotten it… not sure
Wow, I had no idea. Thanks for explaining! I just interviewed last month but I have not received any such emails. Maybe those who interviewed earlier would be able to confirm if the emails are going out or not.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
02DF0070-82E2-43E3-B725-812DDD63F711.jpeg
this is the email I’m talking about
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called admissions just now. One admission was given today, just one. They will not release any info on when and how many more admissions will be given or how many cycles remain. There will be no communication. I was told to just check your portal and email. That’s it.
Damn does that mean they’re not calling next week? Hahaha
 
Got the call this morning! Interviewed in January. I'm not sure if this is true but very lucky if so. Good luck to everyone still waiting, fingers are crossed for yall!
I called admissions just now. One admission was given today, just one. They will not release any info on when and how many more admissions will be given or how many cycles remain. There will be no communication. I was told to just check your portal and email. That’s it.
 
Last edited:
Can anyone who has attended the pre-reception with medical students before interviewing share their impression? I wasn't able to make it to mine but would love to know how it went and what was covered. Thanks!
Seemed like every other panel I've been to - they talked highly of the school, community, and culture. Both panelists were from Arizona/had ties there so didn't get the OOS perspective (which I was hoping to get). It was a really casual Q&A session so you didn't miss much tbh
 
Congratulations on being accepted! I have been tracking when acceptances go out and in my humble calculations, I surmise the next round should go out on Friday the 24th. I could be wrong cuz they did have a 3 week gap but I figured it to be due to holidays…..so close yet so far!
 
Anyone else unable to post anything in the document upload tab? I had also posted some documents prior but these are no longer visible to me anymore. Wondering if this is happening to anyone else??
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad