2016-2017 University of California - Davis Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today!! Super excited. Completed late Sept :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted just now!!!! Can't believe it, such an amazing school :D

Interviewed 10/21

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
10/21 interviewees! Based on the 10/14 group, I think tomorrow should be when acceptances are given out for 10/21 group! Day of reckoning! Call me Sousa! <3
So were your foreshadow true?

Reactions: 1 user
Silent reader just now posting!

Man, just got waitlisted. 10/21 interview. I thought the interview went well too so I don't really have a huge idea how to improve :(. Do y'all know what the waitlist movement for Davis is like? When should I send updates/LOI?

Man, just got waitlisted. 10/21 interview. I thought the interview went well too so I don't really have a huge idea how to improve :(. Do y'all know what the waitlist movement for Davis is like? When should I send updates/LOI?
Well there will be definitely at least one movement coming from me.

There is supposed to be a lot of movement.

Does anybody know about how many interviews they have completed? Would absolutely love to go here.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry if this question has been answered but I can't find it. Does anyone know where we send a thank you email after interviewing ?

Does anybody know about how many interviews they have completed? Would absolutely love to go here.

Well they do about 500 total throughout the cycle. And there were 24 total interviewees on my interview day. So I assume they do 2 of those a month. I would say they've probably had less than 150 at this point. Just an educated guess.

Hey guys current MS1 here, let me know if you have any questions about how Davis is, track programs, etc. I'll try my best to answer quickly! Good luck with the application process!

Hey guys current MS1 here, let me know if you have any questions about how Davis is, track programs, etc. I'll try my best to answer quickly! Good luck with the application process!

Do you do PBL or case studies as part of your regular curriculum?

Do you do PBL or case studies as part of your regular curriculum?
In doctoring we go over clinical clases and if you are in the ACE track program you do clinical cases for the summer pretty much one a day with Dr. Fancher and Dr. Henderson before you even start classes with the whole class. Also, case studies are also incorporated in our classes (ie biochemistry, physiology, anatomy, etc).

Please Davis, do not make me leave California. It is an unsafe world out there for a girl like me.

Reactions: 9 users
Please Davis, do not make me leave California. It is an unsafe world out there for a girl like me.

It's ok. We will CalExit and you will stay in the nation of California for med school.

Reactions: 4 users
Literally been complete (completed my secondary for them) since late June/early August and still nothing....the silence is getting ridiculous

Literally been complete (completed my secondary for them) since late June/early August and still nothing....the silence is getting ridiculous

Yeah, it seems like they won't send out post secondary rejections till February probably. There definitely is still hope though so fingers crossed! best of luck to all!

+1 for silence. Complete since 7/4. One of my top choices too :(

Reactions: 1 users
For everyone that has already interviewed, any last minute suggestions? I have my interview this Friday and am trying to cover all my basis. So, is there anything I should know that you wish you had known before your interview? Aside from the scenarios of course

For everyone that has already interviewed, any last minute suggestions? I have my interview this Friday and am trying to cover all my basis. So, is there anything I should know that you wish you had known before your interview? Aside from the scenarios of course
It's nearly impossible to prepare. Be confident, and be yourself. Good luck!

It's nearly impossible to prepare. Be confident, and be yourself. Good luck!
Thank you, yeah I've come to terms with this haha. What I meant was is there something you would have liked to know in terms of UC Davis and the interview feel. I know that's extremely vague lol. For example, should I take a water bottle or will there be water available? Thank you in advance.

Thank you, yeah I've come to terms with this haha. What I meant was is there something you would have liked to know in terms of UC Davis and the interview feel. I know that's extremely vague lol. For example, should I take a water bottle or will there be water available? Thank you in advance.
The area is pretty isolated, so make sure you know what to eat for dinner before the interview day. UCD does a great job in providing water, mints, candies, w/e you may need during the interview. They do not hand out pens with their school name on it (which I was disappointed about as I enjoy collecting pens with diff school names).

For those with IIs, how far out are dates available? Thanks!

The area is pretty isolated, so make sure you know what to eat for dinner before the interview day. UCD does a great job in providing water, mints, candies, w/e you may need during the interview. They do not hand out pens with their school name on it (which I was disappointed about as I enjoy collecting pens with diff school names).
Thank you, this is precisely what I was looking for!

Also, what is the dress code for the Student-Run Clinic tours? Does anyone who has attended these tours have any insight for me?

Also, what is the dress code for the Student-Run Clinic tours? Does anyone who has attended these tours have any insight for me?

I know a few people who volunteer for the SRCs of UC Davis. Volunteers wear business casual. I don't think you really need to wear a full on interview suit for the tour. You might stick out haha

The confirmation email they send you will say business casual (nice pants and shirt/blouse), no suit jacket needed. And that's how I saw people dressed.

I know a few people who volunteer for the SRCs of UC Davis. Volunteers wear business casual. I don't think you really need to wear a full on interview suit for the tour. You might stick out haha

Yeah, I definitely don't want to do that during the tour due to wardrobe lol. Thanks!

The confirmation email they send you will say business casual (nice pants and shirt/blouse), no suit jacket needed. And that's how I saw people dressed.
Awesome, thank you!

I went and it was pretty informal. I never really got a "tour" I just shadowed a second year while he saw patients and consulted with the doctors. Admin told us the tour was about 30 minutes, but I shadowed for 1.5 hours.

Business casual is what they told us to wear. But I felt pretty out of place when I visited because everyone is in scrubs and the undergrads were all in tshirts.

For those that were rejected/waitlisted post-interview, did you receive an email about financial aid?

Did anybody else in the 11/4 interview group get an email about financial aid?

For those that were rejected/waitlisted post-interview, did you receive an email about financial aid?

Did anybody else in the 11/4 interview group get an email about financial aid?

I interviewed 11/4 and I did get one. Hb did anyone who interviewed earlier get an email from financial aid and then get rejected ?

Anybody know when Dr. Sousa calls when making acceptance calls? :nailbiting:

7:30?! Wow. Weeeell... any acceptances yet from the 11/4 interviewees??
Yep, guess he's an early riser. I was in the midwest at that time so it was not too early for me.
Good luck to you!