2016-2017 University of Connecticut Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Complete since early July, still nothing. This thread has been pretty quiet though. Perhaps another wave of IIs will come soon!

I hope so! I was completed around then too and still nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Complete since early July, still nothing. This thread has been pretty quiet though. Perhaps another wave of IIs will come soon!
They gave me possible dates in Late september, so they've definitely begun interviewing.

Last edited:

I was complete late July and I haven't heard back either. The applicant pool on sdn is relatively small compared to other schools so I'm not too surprised that this thread is pretty quiet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted off ED and will be attending!! Message me if you have any questions about UConns process, I can try to help within whats allowed! Best of luck all!!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted off ED and will be attending!! Message me if you have any questions about UConns process, I can try to help within whats allowed! Best of luck all!!

CONGRATS!!! That is awesome.

My question is why they haven't interviewed me yet, but I guess my invitation must be lost in cyberspace. Oh well, here's hoping! Congrats again!

Reactions: 1 users
Any general thoughts or tips based on your experience?

Any general thoughts or tips based on your experience?
As it pertains specific to UConn? Overall, the interview was low-stress. You have a group activity, financial aid, 2 interviews (student and faculty that are weighted the same), lunch, and tour. Just read over your AMCAS, secondary, know your research and just practice a few times with different people!

anything? is this school even taking new students i mean really

Reactions: 2 users
They recently had a new change in the dean of admissions which may have added to why they're a bit slower this cycle!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone called to check if there app was complete? The portal just says when the secondary was submitted but nothing to ensure everything else was received. If so, were they receptive to this call??

They recently had a new change in the dean of admissions which may have added to why they're a bit slower this cycle!
I heard Dr. Zeff went to Quinnipiac for a new job.

Reactions: 1 user
If you look back at last year's thread I'm pretty sure the same "does this school even accept students" remark was made, so I'm not holding my breath :bang:

Didn't have the chance to post yesterday - II rolled in for me after work around like 530/6pm. Been complete since 7/15. They seem to be sporadically sending them? Not sure, but excited! Good luck to everyone

Reactions: 4 users
Didn't have the chance to post yesterday - II rolled in for me after work around like 530/6pm. Been complete since 7/15. They seem to be sporadically sending them? Not sure, but excited! Good luck to everyone
When's your interview? I'm scheduled to go next Friday - October 21st. Very excited!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone called to check if there app was complete? The portal just says when the secondary was submitted but nothing to ensure everything else was received. If so, were they receptive to this call??
I didn't call but I clicked on "medical admission" at the top, and then "check admission status" on the left bar. It will say when the app was complete!

Has anyone heard back yet after September interviews??

Haven't heard anything yet. Does anyone know when they plan to send out the first acceptances/WL/rejections this year? On interview day they were vague and said "mid to late October, before the end of the October" or something along those lines, but in past years they have emailed on the first or second day acceptances are allowed to go out.

Haven't heard anything yet. Does anyone know when they plan to send out the first acceptances/WL/rejections this year? On interview day they were vague and said "mid to late October, before the end of the October" or something along those lines, but in past years they have emailed on the first or second day acceptances are allowed to go out.

Yeah I got the same info on my interview day. Quite vague but I don't see why they'd wait to send them if they're ready to go. From what I understand the adcom meets weekly so they should be ready to go. Who knows though, hopefully tomorrow!

Does anyone know when we'll be hearing back about decisions?

Last edited:
Yeah I got the same info on my interview day. Quite vague but I don't see why they'd wait to send them if they're ready to go. From what I understand the adcom meets weekly so they should be ready to go. Who knows though, hopefully tomorrow!
+1 They were pretty vague on the dates.

Accepted!!!!!!!!!!! Via email!

Reactions: 6 users
Interviewed 9/16 and went into committee the following week
Good luck everyone!!!!

Also Accepted today, interviewed 9/9!!

Reactions: 7 users
ACCEPTED via email!!! Interviewed 9/16 :happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted today via email as well! Interviewed 9/16

Reactions: 6 users
Accept me already, UConnnnnn
7cde0dd9b41572c9367400d567724359.jpg

The post-interview survey gave me a heart attack....:scared:

Interviewed 9/23, they said we would know by the end of this week. Crossing my fingers!! :luck:

Interviewed 9/23, they said we would know by the end of this week. Crossing my fingers!! :luck:

when did you go into committee? It says I went into committee 10/10, wondering if I will also hear this week

I just had my interview on 10/21 and went into committee 10/23. At the interview, they said we should hear back either the last week of November or the first week of December.

Placed on the alternate list... UCONN is still by far my number one choice, praying that there is plenty of movement for their alternate list this cycle!

Placed on the alternate list... UCONN is still by far my number one choice, praying that there is plenty of movement for their alternate list this cycle!
Sorry to hear! Hope there's lots of movement on the list as well! Do you mind sharing your stats??