2016-2017 University of Connecticut Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Was complete in June and only received an interview recently. You're not out of the running until you get a rejection!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Visited this campus for a research position interview and it is absolutely stunning

Members don't see this ad :)
II today (IS), and since I know someone will ask:
complete in early July, ~3.65, 34 MCAT

Can anyone speak to how the interviews were? Did they seem pretty conversational?

Can anyone speak to how the interviews were? Did they seem pretty conversational?
Mine were conversational. None of the other applicants on my day felt they were "grilled" by the faculty or student interviewers but some of the generic medical school interview questions were sprinkled in at the beginning. After that you decide where to lead the conversation.

Mine were conversational. None of the other applicants on my day felt they were "grilled" by the faculty or student interviewers but some of the generic medical school interview questions were sprinkled in at the beginning. After that you decide where to lead the conversation.
Awesome, good to know. Thanks!

Just note though...Mine was conversational and everyone that I talked to before that day also seemed to say the same. However when I talked to some of the other interviewees that day they said that their interviewers grilled them and did the stereotypical "what is your greatest weakness"-types of interviews. Maybe it was just that day or something since I've heard that it is usually conversational but something to consider I guess. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
in case anyone was wondering about this, second look will be March 24-25

Anyone interviewing next Monday?

OOS - New York City native,
Completed, 9/22
Interview Invite today, 1/3/17
Interview scheduled for 1/9/17 - Next Monday

Reactions: 3 users
interview invite earlier today!
scheduled for friday 1/20

LM 74, ORM, IS.

Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back after interviewing? Interviewed in early December!

Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back after interviewing? Interviewed in early December!
I interviewed in December and they told us end of January to early February. Wouldn't expect earlier with all the holidays.

I interviewed in December and they told us end of January to early February. Wouldn't expect earlier with all the holidays.
Thank you! They told me early January so I appreciate your update- that seems more realistic and makes me less worried!

For those of you with upcoming interviews, I just wanted to let y'all know that my interview day was fantastic. Super conversational interviews, and I really felt the sense of community in the student body. Be excited!

Also Dr. Regan is hilarious

Reactions: 5 users
For those of you with upcoming interviews, I just wanted to let y'all know that my interview day was fantastic. Super conversational interviews, and I really felt the sense of community in the student body. Be excited!

Also Dr. Regan is hilarious

Agreed! Know many former students who said he is a great person as well.

I went all in and sent a letter of intent. I liked the school a lot when applying, and after visiting I just couldn't see myself anywhere else. Hopefully some good news comes my way in February!

Reactions: 3 users
I went all in and sent a letter of intent. I liked the school a lot when applying, and after visiting I just couldn't see myself anywhere else. Hopefully some good news comes my way in February!

Best of luck!!

Anyone know when/how many students get taken off the alternate list?

Reactions: 1 user
Ugh it's gonna be a struggle to keep myself sane until decisions come back to us in 5 weeks. Not super busy in lab right now which doesn't help.

@Stokley Carmichael
Second Look weekend is commonly used by schools to bring back accepted students to meet each other and show off more of the school than seen during interview day. It's really a recruitment tool used to convince accepted students to matriculate. It's not necessary to attend, but useful for those wanting more data before making a decision.

Hey guys,
Would anyone with access to US news be able to share the UCONN post-interview acceptance rate, both IS and OOS?

In-state UConn grad still sitting in silence.. Complete mid-September :(

Reactions: 2 users
UConn I will literally trade all of my IIs for one from you </3

Who got that post interview survey email today? I damn near had a heart attack when I saw that in my inbox.

Interviewed today. It was a pleasant experience with a smaller group than my other interview groups.

I just want to share that another interviewee and I both felt that the faculty interviews had many grill type questions about motivations, ethics, and hypothetical scenarios. Another poster had mentioned that interviews were very conversational, but this was not the case for at least two of us. I'd say just prepare your 3 strengths/weaknesses and the whole spiel.

II today!
LM 64, IS, complete early september.
I'm so happy to get this, I thought I was out of the running. Any particular advice? :)

II today!
LM 64, IS, complete early september.
I'm so happy to get this, I thought I was out of the running. Any particular advice? :)

Be yourself! It was super conversational and everyone was nice! Also give yourself enough time to navigate through the hospital to get to the school.

Been waiting since the last day in June to post this... II!!!!!!!!! ~69ish LizzyM, IS. Don't lose hope in-staters!!!!

Reactions: 6 users