2016-2017 University of South Florida Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh you definitely wanna stock up on nitrile gloves if you can find any extra boxes lying around. Don't bother with the latex - the formalin smell seeps right through them, and you end up smelling like cadaver for the rest of the day. Plus allergies.
Thanks for the tip!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know the respective class sizes for SELECT and CORE? I can't seem to find anything online.

Members don't see this ad :)
II! only a couple hours after a rejection from another school. complete mid-august. today is the first day i've seen anything on my portal about when my app was last viewed

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Damn have they been that quick with people? That would be nice. I've waited over two months for a decision from multiple schools haha
I loved the way they deal with acceptances because they call you the week after!

Reactions: 1 user
After I added another LOR, my application was viewed, but no status change (pre-ii). Has this happened to anyone else?

I was looking at OASIS today and I saw two financial aid forms that are part of the financial aid requirements. Does anyone know if they are 100% required, and when they have to be filled out? They have a parental finance form that I don't think my parents will fill out

I was looking at OASIS today and I saw two financial aid forms that are part of the financial aid requirements. Does anyone know if they are 100% required, and when they have to be filled out? They have a parental finance form that I don't think my parents will fill out
Both forms need to be filled out if you want to be considered for aid from USF. You can still get regular loans without.

Both forms need to be filled out if you want to be considered for aid from USF. You can still get regular loans without.
I just looked at the Fin Aid website, and it says that the necessary forms are due by Feb 1st. Make sure to get on that if you haven't already!

I just looked at the Fin Aid website, and it says that the necessary forms are due by Feb 1st. Make sure to get on that if you haven't already!
How does that work when they have interviews after February 1st? Would the deadline be later for people accepted later?

Where'd you find that? I've been looking everywhere for that information! lol

Yeah, my parents refused too (I'm a non trad) so I just skipped it. Thankfully I had other sources of funding so no worries.

How does that work when they have interviews after February 1st? Would the deadline be later for people accepted later?
Yeah, I would assume so.

Where'd you find that? I've been looking everywhere for that information! lol
The website you need to go to is http://oasis.usf.edu/ Login, login a second time, and then you will be on a site with three tabs at the top, the third one saying "Financial Aid". Click on that tab and go from there. You need to have set up your USF email address already, and you need your USF ID number as well (I forgot how to do that, I did that a while ago).

Yeah, I would assume so.

The website you need to go to is http://oasis.usf.edu/ Login, login a second time, and then you will be on a site with three tabs at the top, the third one saying "Financial Aid". Click on that tab and go from there. You need to have set up your USF email address already, and you need your USF ID number as well (I forgot how to do that, I did that a while ago).

Oh. That's where I went originally and it says mine is due November 15th, which was before I was accepted. I will call and ask them I guess

long shot but would anyone be able to email me the parent financial form PDF? my parents are divorced and I already filled one out, but it took away the link to the PDF on oasis. need to get the other one filled out ASAP. i would love you forever!!!

Interview tuesdsay, any advice?? and Is the dinner the night before something you guys felt was worth going to if anyone did go!

Anyone know if they have a place for luggage at the interview?

I still have not been able to obtain my U-ID number. I was accepted into core back in October. Is anyone else in the same boat?

II for SELECT today, OOS LizzyM 74; only dates are available are two in February

Reactions: 2 users
People who have been accepted to SELECT. How long did it take for them to make a decision?

Reactions: 2 users
Bear in mind they might be a little behind due to the holidays. I interviewed after Christmas, and remember the admissions staff telling us decisions could take as long as 4-6 weeks.

Bear in mind they might be a little behind due to the holidays. I interviewed after Christmas, and remember the admissions staff telling us decisions could take as long as 4-6 weeks.

That's what they told us during our interview but then I saw all these people on SDN getting feedback within a week or two.

That's what they told us during our interview but then I saw all these people on SDN getting feedback within a week or two.
I haven't seen any acceptance posts after the holidays, but I get what you're saying. Tough to tell whether or not the admissions committee has been able to meet or if they're actually running behind.

People who got II. Care to share your mcat and gpa, and date that you received the II? Thanks

So what are the chances that we will have a fast turn around for interviews also

Has anyone who interviewed for SELECT since December received either a call or waitlist letter?

Anyone here viewed AFTER being accepted? Accepted in November, but was viewed today. What would that be for?...