2016-2017 University of South Florida Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Finally got my acceptance email. Got the call more than a month ago

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Around what time in the day does USF usually call you for waitlist or acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
Around what time in the day does USF usually call you for waitlist or acceptance?

I think I got my acceptance call around 1 or 2 PM. About 9 or 10 days after interviewing.

Do any current students know if USF med students ever do summer research outside of Florida?

Finally got my acceptance email. Got the call more than a month ago

Yeah I finally got an email as well. I haven't been able to look up my UID though. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Yeah I finally got an email as well. I haven't been able to look up my UID though. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Didn't even know that was a thing. Is it supposed to show up on our portal?

Didn't even know that was a thing. Is it supposed to show up on our portal?

I have already set everything up so I can tell you that they are slow on adding your social to get the uid. Once you get the uid it will still be a couple of days before the system recognizes your uid

EDIT: The uid will allow you to set up your health.usf.edu email and give you access to the portal/oasis where you can access financial aid and officially accept your seat. Again there is no rush to do so because deadline is April I believe.

If you have any questions feel free to message me as I have already set everything up!

II Core this evening, however I cannot make the only two dates offered in January. Will call for alternate date.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II this afternoon, LM ~70, OOS. Anyone know if there's a big difference between interviewing in Allentown vs. Tampa? Allentown is within driving distance for me, but the flight to Tampa is shorter than the drive.

II! OOS LM 74-75 Cali resident but strong ties to Florida

Reactions: 2 users
II this afternoon, LM ~70, OOS. Anyone know if there's a big difference between interviewing in Allentown vs. Tampa? Allentown is within driving distance for me, but the flight to Tampa is shorter than the drive.

Don't think there's much of a difference. If you go to Tampa, you get a tour of the school. If you go to Allentown, you get a tour of the hospital (I think, interviewed at Tampa). Both have pre-interview dinners. One with Ms1-2's, the other with MS3-4's If accepted, there will be a second look at both locations on different dates so you will have an opportunity to see both areas.

Ayyyy complete since mid-late August and finally viewed, let's see if this actually means anything

Protip for anyone with upcoming interviews: the pre-interview dinner place has all you can eat free soft serve icecream

Protip for anyone with upcoming interviews: the pre-interview dinner place has all you can eat free soft serve icecream

I was so disappointed that it was broken the day I went :/ the potpie was good though

Interviewed there last Tuesday. Haven't heard back yet :-/. Do they usually call on Fridays?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using SDN mobile

Applied CORE, interviewing for Select in January. Very excited. Seems like an awesome school.

II for SELECT yesterday morning! OOS

Edit: Performed a cursory search but couldn't find an answer, could anyone comment on how often interview dates open up for scheduling? Only available dates right now are in Allentown and I'd prefer to interview in Tampa. Thanks!

Last edited:
Just got the acceptance call for select. **** yeah.

Reactions: 4 users
II this morning for SELECT!! Are there any major differences between the CORE and SELECT interviews? I haven't found much about it on this thread.

II! Applied to core, invited to interview for select. OOS (strong FL ties), complete mid-late August, app was viewed for the first time yesterday -- see my post above :)

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted to Core! Interview on the 29th. So excited!!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
II this morning for SELECT!! Are there any major differences between the CORE and SELECT interviews? I haven't found much about it on this thread.

SELECT interview is different from CORE which is a more traditional interview, but interviewees are required to sign a non-disclosure agreement regarding specifics so you will likely not find any information on the SELECT interview. Just know yourself and you will do fine on the interview.

Hey everyone! I will be interviewing for the CORE program. What is the format of the interview? Is it more conversational, or Q&A format? What kinds of questions do they ask? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hey everyone! I will be interviewing for the CORE program. What is the format of the interview? Is it more conversational, or Q&A format? What kinds of questions do they ask? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Very conversational. It was as if I was already well acquainted with my interviewers. They really do emphasize that it is a stress-free environment. Be yourself, convey your passion for medicine and you'll be fine. Just don't forget that you are indeed in an interview, haha.

Very conversational. It was as if I was already well acquainted with my interviewers. They really do emphasize that it is a stress-free environment. Be yourself, convey your passion for medicine and you'll be fine. Just don't forget that you are indeed in an interview, haha.

I agree with this. Both my interviews were exceptionally conversational. Of course, we discussed my app, but it was very casual and they really wanted to hear what I had to say.

Q's on core vs. select: can you be interviewed for both, or is it one or the other? If you get an interview for one, is there the option to switch to the other? Couldn't find anything about this on this year's or last year's thread or on the website.

Anyone know where/when we send transcripts once accepted?

About to be three months since I submitted and USF has yet to even look at my application.

@Chemist1986 It took 3 and a half months for them to look at mine but I got an II. Hang in there, I know it sucks

Anyone know where/when we send transcripts once accepted?
Hey, when were you accepted and when did your portal change? I was accepted last Friday and yet nothing has changed in my portal.

Hey, when were you accepted and when did your portal change? I was accepted last Friday and yet nothing has changed in my portal.
It'll take about a month+ for it to change lol. Thats what happened with me at least.