2016-2017 University of Toledo Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
From last year's thread, it looked like they awarded scholarships well into July so I'm sure they'll amend it if you're awarded a scholarship later on.
So how do we know if we possibly received any need-based aid?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So how do we know if we possibly received any need-based aid?
That would be shown in your financial aid package. I didn't receive an email notifying me that we were able to access them. I saw someone on here say it and then I had to log into my myUT portal to see it.

Members don't see this ad :)
anybody hear back yet?......

ImageUploadedBySDN1492610703.722741.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

actually yes, just accepted

Interviewed early February

Reactions: 7 users
actually yes, just accepted

Interviewed early February
Congrats! Hopefully they start moving through decisions a bit faster. I interviewed mid March and it seems like this is going to take a while haha.

can someone help me answer this question?- If people are supposed to make a decision on which school to attend by April 30th, and Toledo is still working on applicants from February, how are we supposed to make a decision if they havent gotten back to us?

technically 4/30 is a date for applicants, not medical schools. basically, a student has to only have one acceptance in hand on that date, but schools can continue handing out acceptances after that date.

Is anyone else having an error message when trying to activate their UTAD account?

Does anyone know if they are going to give out waitlist positions or ranking type things this year?

Members don't see this ad :)
After putting a lot of thought into it, I've unfortunately decided to withdrawal my application from Toledo - I hope my spot goes to one of you guys! I wish you all the best

I suppose that it is a waitlist spot since it is so late in the process.

I interviewed this past Tuesday and they said it wasn't a waitlist-only interview and that they were still filling spots for next year's class so hopefully that will still be true for you guys interviewing in May! They said we would hear from back them in 2-3 weeks so I am keeping my fingers crossed. The simulation center was awesome and I would be thrilled to go here!

Reactions: 1 users

Last edited:
I interviewed this past Tuesday and they said it wasn't a waitlist-only interview and that they were still filling spots for next year's class so hopefully that will still be true for you guys interviewing in May! They said we would hear from back them in 2-3 weeks so I am keeping my fingers crossed. The simulation center was awesome and I would be thrilled to go here!
did they happen to tell you how many spots left or if there is a lot or a few?

I have decided to withdraw my acceptance here. Are we just supposed to email the admissions email? Good luck to those on the waitlist!

so its April 30th!....who has decided to not attend toledo next fall?

I'm about to withdraw pre-interview just so I get to be the one who is breaking up

Reactions: 10 users
I have decided to withdraw my acceptance here. Are we just supposed to email the admissions email? Good luck to those on the waitlist!
I just emailed Christine!

Withdrew my acceptance here. Hope it goes to one of you guys

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

anybody hear back this week?
I remember from the waitlist email I got a while back that it seems like they get back to their waitlist applicants closer to the end of May so don't freak out yet!

Anyone hear back about scholarship moneys? It's a bit hard to pick an apartment without having a great idea of how much school will cost...

Anyone hear back about scholarship moneys? It's a bit hard to pick an apartment without having a great idea of how much school will cost...

Nope. Though they did release my financial aid package online which is all loans.

why doesnt anybody post on this thread?...this process has driven me insane

why doesnt anybody post on this thread?...this process has driven me insane
Because there isn't any news yet! I think the committees are still meeting to review/prioritize waitlists...don't worry yet!
(I know easier said than done)

Because there isn't any news yet! I think the committees are still meeting to review/prioritize waitlists...don't worry yet!
(I know easier said than done)
not sure what you are talking about...they are still making decisions from people who interviewed in march and april...some people havent gotten a decision yet

not sure what you are talking about...they are still making decisions from people who interviewed in march and april...some people havent gotten a decision yet
Ohp well that's the response I got when I called on Friday lolol

Just accepted by email. Interviewed March 15th, IS

so this school doesnt reject?...they either accept or waitlist?....also has anybody contacted the admissions office to find out where they stand on the waitlist?

Last edited:
Got the email that theyre not interviewing anyone else, best of luck to everyone!

I created an account to specifically say how MEAN it is to send an email about the alternate list (I was really hoping for an acceptance OFF of the list: sob), and they're really waiting until mid-June..? Also mean.

Reactions: 3 users
I created an account to specifically say how MEAN it is to send an email about the alternate list (I was really hoping for an acceptance OFF of the list: sob), and they're really waiting until mid-June..? Also mean.
I completely agree....seriously mid-June....oh well maybe that will mean greater waitlist movement since most people would have decided on another school by then

I completely agree....seriously mid-June....oh well maybe that will mean greater waitlist movement since most people would have decided on another school by then

Wait wait wait... they're waiting until mid-June to release waitlist acceptances?!

Wait wait wait... they're waiting until mid-June to release waitlist acceptances?!
That almost sounds like they overfilled the class and are waiting for people to get other offers. No other reason to wait that long after traffic day?

That almost sounds like they overfilled the class and are waiting for people to get other offers. No other reason to wait that long after traffic day?
No its because they told us in my interview that they have been behind on applications all year and have been playing catch up. They are still evaluating applicants who interviewed in mid- April and then they have other post-bacc students to evaluate so it will be until mid-June when they are done evaluating all applicants.