*2016-2017 Washington State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know it's kinda early because no ones been admitted yet but has anyone looked into housing options and/or is interested in coordinating housing/roommate? I was looking at a few apartments but also some rental homes.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I know it's kinda early because no ones been admitted yet but has anyone looked into housing options and/or is interested in coordinating housing/roommate? I was looking at a few apartments but also some rental homes.

You are right, 3:29 AM is very early to be thinking about housing :) . Get some sleep my friend, these things will work out.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anxious excitement has reached new heights. Leaving in a few days to travel abroad with no 3G or wifi... Hoping for an email soon!

Again the impression I got was that it might be a little while until we hear anything - obviously that could be wrong but I'm not holding my breath until closer to mid march

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Again the impression I got was that it might be a little while until we hear anything - obviously that could be wrong but I'm not holding my breath until closer to mid march

I don't see how that would be in the schools best interests.

I agree. Although if this is the first time the committee has met, members may have spent considerable time getting acquainted with the pool thus far. Obviously this is pure speculation though.

That's because it's definitely not in the school's best interest haha. Waiting weeks to notify accepted applicants?

As far as when they would notify - it would make sense for things to take a couple of days but definitely not until mid March lol.

Well from my interview on Jan 13, I was told that the committee would meet about Jan 21 or so to figure out who they wanted from the first three weeks or so of applicants without notifying anyone, and then again around the third week of February to send out decisions..

Well from my interview on Jan 13, I was told that the committee would meet about Jan 21 or so to figure out who they wanted from the first three weeks or so of applicants without notifying anyone, and then again around the third week of February to send out decisions..

That makes sense, I was wondering how they would get through all of those applicants in just one meeting

Last edited:
I'd like an answer one way or another sooner rather than later. That's for sure.

I would like an answer only one way (accepted) sooner rather than later.

Anxious excitement has reached new heights. Leaving in a few days to travel abroad with no 3G or wifi... Hoping for an email soon!
Im also leaving abroad for 3 months in about a week and am praying to god that i find out im in before i leave.

Members don't see this ad :)
It was specifically stated that the meeting was on Tuesday - and I'm just relaying what was said at our interview; again it wasn't a specific "this is when you'll hear", but from what I remember I came away with the impression of being notified in march. The rest of their targets have been moving (when II's would be out, etc) so I would expect somewhat of a domino effect. I mean if they were concerned about not waiting, seems like they would have done the calls last night or this morning like a lot of other places do right after the meetings. Again though - maybe the calls will come tonight. Just saying for myself, If I think of the target being mid march, I'm not gonna drive myself crazy every day wondering if today is the day, ya know

Reactions: 2 users
In an effort to get a more definitive answer, I called the school and received this response: "We will be sending out acceptance letters in a few weeks, and then it will be a rolling admissions process thereafter. Sorry, that we can't be more specific, and 'few' can't be clarified any further." :) So, to all those leaving the country, enjoy your vacations, and to those of us obsessively watching our emails, threads, and phones...time to relax for a "few" weeks ;)

Reactions: 4 users
In an effort to get a more definitive answer, I called the school and received this response: "We will be sending out acceptance letters in a few weeks, and then it will be a rolling admissions process thereafter. Sorry, that we can't be more specific, and 'few' can't be clarified any further." :) So, to all those leaving the country, enjoy your vacations, and to those of us obsessively watching our emails, threads, and phones...time to relax for a "few" weeks ;)

Thank you- I feel a lot better about leaving my inbox and mailbox unmanned for awhile.

Like I said...

It's funny that I did get the exact same information you obtained on interview day, so I wonder how long it will take for people to start doubting this as well... I don't think I have ever been part of an antsier group of people :)

Thank you so much for calling them! Not all heroes wear capes!

Thank you so much for calling them! Not all heroes wear capes!

I have been known to wear a cape from time to time, but this usually also involves running around the house with my daughter.

This has already been discussed, but for anyone who wants further clarification about when acceptances will supposedly go out, in the article posted today from WSU on their NWCCU accreditation it says "Offers of acceptance to the charter class will begin in March". So....there ya go.

This has already been discussed, but for anyone who wants further clarification about when acceptances will supposedly go out, in the article posted today from WSU on their NWCCU accreditation it says "Offers of acceptance to the charter class will begin in March". So....there ya go.
I think 90% of us will still check SDN and our email hourly... lol

Reactions: 8 users
I emailed them today and they told me early March too... which is technically next week!!

The level of neuroticism in this thread is kinda funny to me. It's prolly not going to be the first. Or the second. Just be patient everyone, they will notify when they notify, stressing isn't going to help anything.

The level of neuroticism in this thread is kinda funny to me. It's prolly not going to be the first. Or the second. Just be patient everyone, they will notify when they notify, stressing isn't going to help anything.

Simply claiming that a bunch of strangers suffer with neuroticism, although common on SDN, may be a taaaaad bit extreme but I see the point you're attempting to make.

Just different people sharing what information they were presented with at different stages through this process. (Which is essentially the main purpose of having this thread.)

No need to puff out your chest and feel better than anyone else because your guess was more accurate than other guesses. We're all in this waiting game together!

Simply claiming that a bunch of strangers suffer with neuroticism, although common on SDN, may be a taaaaad bit extreme but I see the point you're attempting to make.

Just different people sharing what information they were presented with at different stages through this process. (Which is essentially the main purpose of having this thread.)

No need to puff out your chest and feel better than anyone else because your guess was more accurate than other guesses. We're all in this waiting game together!

I think you're taking things a bit too seriously if you were offended by my post (which clearly was playful). When posts talk about checking their email and hourly, I think talking about neuroticism in jest is perfectly reasonable.
First off, isn't wasn't "my guess was more accurate" chest puffing, for goodness sake there is a winky emoji. I relayed what we were told at interviews, which was met with skepticism. Then someone emailed and confirmed. Then someone else emailed to confirm what was confirmed. Then someone posted that an article by the school was published that confirmed again. Then someone posted they'd and "prolly 90%" of us would be checking their email anyway hourly in spite of what was triple confirmed. That's kinda funny - and not in a making fun of anyone way, but in a "we all know this process is stressful and we can all be a bit silly and over read into things" kinda way. I was including myself in the neuroticism - I fully embrace that this process makes us all a bit crazy.

But feel free to ignore the second half of my post that was trying to be encouraging as well. If I include more emojis this time will you take what I say a bit more light hearted? Jazz hands? Upsidedown?

Like I said, let's just relax for a "few weeks".

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I think you're taking things a bit too seriously if you were offended by my post (which clearly was playful). When posts talk about checking their email and hourly, I think talking about neuroticism in jest is perfectly reasonable.
First off, isn't wasn't "my guess was more accurate" chest puffing, for goodness sake there is a winky emoji. I relayed what we were told at interviews, which was met with skepticism. Then someone emailed and confirmed. Then someone else emailed to confirm what was confirmed. Then someone posted that an article by the school was published that confirmed again. Then someone posted they'd and "prolly 90%" of us would be checking their email anyway hourly in spite of what was triple confirmed. That's kinda funny - and not in a making fun of anyone way, but in a "we all know this process is stressful and we can all be a bit silly and over read into things" kinda way. I was including myself in the neuroticism - I fully embrace that this process makes us all a bit crazy.

But feel free to ignore the second half of my post that was trying to be encouraging as well. If I include more emojis this time will you take what I say a bit more light hearted? Jazz hands? Upsidedown?

Like I said, let's just relax for a "few weeks".

Oops! Sorry if I struck a nerve! I definitely wasn't trying to rile you up at all. And I didn't ignore the "encouraging" second half of your post whatsoever. I legitimately misinterpreted your post if you really are claiming that you were trying to be uplifting.

Also, great idea! Definitely go ahead and throw in some of those emojis in next time you talk about the level of neuroticism in people you've never met. ;)

I wasn't offended at all. I just really don't like the "holier than thou" attitude that is displayed on forums like SDN. I thought your post displayed some of that so I wanted to stand up for anyone who may have seen that directed at them. It wasn't a personal attack on you at all. I apologize if it seemed that way!

Of all the crazy emoji's this site has, not one peace symbol...
insert -Peace- here

Ha! The nice thing is that at the end of the day I think both @mavric1298 and I don't have bad feelings for one another. Just a little misunderstanding.

And as I said before, all of us on this thread are going to get in anyway (and I'll love when that happens) so all of this is simply much ado about nothing. ;):mooning::)

I think it's safe to say we are all a bit on edge.

Another neurotic and on-edge premed here haha. Does anyone have a clue as to what's taking them so long? Is it because the excom meeting has not taken place yet? Or are they having ten different people proofread the list of students? What's going on??

Another neurotic and on-edge premed here haha. Does anyone have a clue as to what's taking them so long? Is it because the excom meeting has not taken place yet? Or are they having ten different people proofread the list of students? What's going on??

No one really seems to know the specifics as to why it is taking the time that it is, but that it will be a "few" weeks for them to complete their first round of reviews. My guess is that they want to capture as many applicants as possible in their first round of offers so that they don't miss out on one of us that might be exemplary, but came to a later interview. Also, they emphasized that they love the holistic review process and are going to thoroughly consider all aspects of each applicant.....waiting is the hardest part, but everything that is good is worth waiting for...that is unless they tell you "no" and in that case I'm sorry you had to wait (and I'm sorry to my future self if I am one of these people :bigtears:).

^ I would say thats most likely a fair analysis. I mean having to give out all of your seats before you've finished a lot of your interviews - means you might miss out on a bunch of candidates just because of timing. I know thats why schools like OHSU love to wait until as late as possible (in their case, they pull extensively from a hold pool at the end of April). They even stated that directly - calling it "modified rolling admissions" to level the playing field across interview timing.

And they have mooning emoji - but the scary clown one turns into a period, which is a shame. I wanted to use it right after jazz hands! :laugh:

And @Mo3 - come on, this is SDN, I mean isn't this the attitude everyone has? :rofl:

MjAxMy03NmRhYTc1MWE5NzUxNDgy.png

And @Mo3 - come on, this is SDN, I mean isn't this the attitude everyone has? :rofl:

MjAxMy03NmRhYTc1MWE5NzUxNDgy.png

No high horse here.

LizzyM: 95 Primary: 10 Secondary: 140 II: 158
Acceptances: Harvard, Stanford, UW, Cornell, Brown, etc...160 others
WL: not a chance

:)

Where did your extra credit on your LizzyM come from, and how do I get in on that? 95-(45 +4*10)=10

I can only assume it was from those profile pictures of you in scrubs in a third world country? Or maybe from the soul you stole from another premed when you gave them the gunners kiss (which you learned from your dementor mentor)

^Although I long to have Shang Tsung soul consumption powers, I must confess that my extra points came from my undergrad institution not having grades... adcoms don't want to read my evaluations, and just assume that anyone who went through a crazy institution like this deserves a 5.0... The AAMC also said that they wanted to give me more than a 45, but they just asked me to create next year's test instead.... I know I know, I'm being a humblebrag, so enough about me :)

Withdrew my II. Hope it goes to one of you. Good luck!

March is less than 24 hours away :banana:Go ahead and shame my neuroticism...

Reactions: 5 users
I'm curious if they are going to send out offers before UW fills its class. They don't have much time left.

I'm curious if they are going to send out offers before UW fills its class. They don't have much time left.
Nobody better be filling classes without me... :) Come on Washington State I want to stay in my home!