You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Washington University in St. Louis Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I don't think they rank the waitlist.Has anyone asked what ranking they are on the waitlist yet?
They probably pull off the waitlist depending on who they are losing to other schools, trying to replace the demographics that are leaving with similar waitlisters
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone get a follow up email about your WL status from Dean Ratts?
D
deleted751227
Anyone get a follow up email about your WL status from Dean Ratts?
I've been WLed about a week again, but haven't received anything.
D
deleted785918
I sent in a LOI back in March and received the waitlist email early April. I just got an email from Dean Ratts thanking me for my continued interest in WashU and saying that my strong interest is important to them. Anyone else receive something similar?
I sent in a LOI back in March and received the waitlist email early April. I just got an email from Dean Ratts thanking me for my continued interest in WashU and saying that my strong interest is important to them. Anyone else receive something similar?
Yeah I think this is the standard response to the LOIs
Got one as well.I sent in a LOI back in March and received the waitlist email early April. I just got an email from Dean Ratts thanking me for my continued interest in WashU and saying that my strong interest is important to them. Anyone else receive something similar?
For what it's worth, I sent updates/LOI a couple of days before the waitlist decision, got a response (after the waitlist decision) saying that the info was added to my application, but nothing else.
D
deleted785918
That's why I was a bit confused. After I sent in the LOI back in March they sent me an email saying it would be added to my file and thanking me. The email I got this time was from Dean Ratts. I wonder if she's working her way through the whole waitlist or if this means something? This could absolutely just be my waitlist-induced neuroticism...
That makes sense. The one I got was from Dean Ratts as well.That's why I was a bit confused. After I sent in the LOI back in March they sent me an email saying it would be added to my file and thanking me. The email I got this time was from Dean Ratts. I wonder if she's working her way through the whole waitlist or if this means something? This could absolutely just be my waitlist-induced neuroticism...
Being super nitpicky here but did anyone who sent a Letter of Interest get the follow up email? or just Letter of Intent
This one for me was because of a note I filled in on the form to stay on the waitlist. But to be fair, it did state intent.Being super nitpicky here but did anyone who sent a Letter of Interest get the follow up email? or just Letter of Intent
Does anyone know when they started making calls to people on the waitlist? I know it's a ways away, but gosh I hope they don't wait until late May/early June to make those first calls...
I was under the impression pretty much all schools started using their waitlists in early May. As soon as traffic day passes they know their # of unfilled spots.Does anyone know when they started making calls to people on the waitlist? I know it's a ways away, but gosh I hope they don't wait until late May/early June to make those first calls...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Whoa...So everyone should know by early/mid-May. Well, that's good news I guess.I was under the impression pretty much all schools started using their waitlists in early May. As soon as traffic day passes they know their # of unfilled spots.
Tons of motion in early to mid may and then a slower rate of traffic through late may and June is my understandingWhoa...So everyone should know by early/mid-May. Well, that's good news I guess.
For those of you who submitted updates/letter of interest through email, did you get an email confirmation from the admissions afterwards?
Yep! Took em a couple of days, though.For those of you who submitted updates/letter of interest through email, did you get an email confirmation from the admissions afterwards?
I sent a letter of intent last Friday to the wumscoa email address, got their confirmation this Monday, and another email from Dean Ratts today.
I view these merely as confirmation. As long as they put my LOI into my file, I personally don't think the timing of these emails means anything besides she's probably busy.
Good luck everyone!
I view these merely as confirmation. As long as they put my LOI into my file, I personally don't think the timing of these emails means anything besides she's probably busy.
Good luck everyone!
It was a long and tough decision process, but I'm finally ready to commit to WUSM! Does anyone know if we have to accept our admission through an online portal somewhere or if we have to pay a deposit for tuition? Or did our "intent to matriculate" form that we had to mail in satisfy all of the matriculation requirements already?
If I understand it correctly, you don't reaffirm your commitment to the school. You just don't withdraw it.It was a long and tough decision process, but I'm finally ready to commit to WUSM! Does anyone know if we have to accept our admission through an online portal somewhere or if we have to pay a deposit for tuition? Or did our "intent to matriculate" form that we had to mail in satisfy all of the matriculation requirements already?
I believe that's correct for most or all schools, once you've submitted the initial forms. But you do have to withdraw from any other schools whose offers you accepted.If I understand it correctly, you don't reaffirm your commitment to the school. You just don't withdraw it.
Just had someone PM me about the merit award and thought I'd share my response with everyone. I withdrew my acceptance with the full merit award. I'm not certain that the latter can be broken up into smaller ones (it was called a Distinguished Student Scholarship, probably this: Distinguished Alumni Scholarship Program - Medical Alumni & Development Programs). My very best wishes to all of you on your upcoming decisions!
Out of curiosity, where will yoube going instead?Just had someone PM me about the merit award and thought I'd share my response with everyone. I withdrew my acceptance with the full merit award. I'm not certain that the latter can be broken up into smaller ones (it was called a Distinguished Student Scholarship, probably this: Distinguished Alumni Scholarship Program - Medical Alumni & Development Programs). My very best wishes to all of you on your upcoming decisions!
I got curious too, it looks like Stanford to meOut of curiosity, where will yoube going instead?
+1Already starting to get nervous about next week! Ah!!!
Already starting to get nervous about next week! Ah!!!
After 9 months of being in limbo, I find I've pretty much run out of cares to give. Que sera sera ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
...But please love me WashU 😢
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hope my spot goes to you Gurby!
Good luck guys! Ahhhh the nerves are real!
I've been lurking here a long time, but please let the waitlist move soon! 2nd cycle and still no acceptance... 2nd time waitlisted here too
The deadline for picking a single school was yesterday, right? I'm guessing it takes them until Friday at the earliest to figure out who all they want to invite off the waitlist.
It's today since yesterday wasn't a week day
If you don't mind, could you tell us when you got your rejection notice last year? I'm just curious if they rip the bandage off relatively quickly (meaning sometime early-mid June).I've been lurking here a long time, but please let the waitlist move soon! 2nd cycle and still no acceptance... 2nd time waitlisted here too
Last year first calls came around May 2nd, which was a Monday.The deadline for picking a single school was yesterday, right? I'm guessing it takes them until Friday at the earliest to figure out who all they want to invite off the waitlist.
If you don't mind, could you tell us when you got your rejection notice last year? I'm just curious if they rip the bandage off relatively quickly (meaning sometime early-mid June).
End of July, but my understanding is that schools vary from year to year on when exactly they fill their class.
edit: July 31st specifically
Last edited:
I just checked MDApps (since I'll be neurotic and paranoid for the next few days), and someone seems to have been accepted with full scholarship today.
I just checked MDApps (since I'll be neurotic and paranoid for the next few days), and someone seems to have been accepted with full scholarship today.
I saw that too but I doubt it happened today. That applicant reported "No" to the waitlisted option. They were accepted outright and probably just got around to updating their profile.
Oops. Sorry, guys! Thanks for clarifying. Somehow this gives me weird hope that tomorrow we'll hear a bunch, since there seemed to be not many today.I saw that too but I doubt it happened today. That applicant reported "No" to the waitlisted option. They were accepted outright and probably just got around to updating their profile.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Were you accepted already or did you get accepted and get a scholarship today?Got a call from Dean Ratts. Accepted with full scholarship for 4 years. I'll have to decline NYU. Good luck to everyone else!
Ah, it's getting too real here! Please give me some love, Wash U!Can confirm that there has been waitlist movement! Was accepted but will be withdrawing! Good luck to everyone still waiting! 🙂
Rootin 4 uAh, it's getting too real here! Please give me some love, Wash U!
If I change my avatar to Totoro, will I also get some love from WashU?Rootin 4 u
Gettin' desperate here. Trying to see some patterns.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 943
- Views
- 367K