2016-2017 Washington University in St. Louis Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks for the reply! Do they take proof of guaranteed funds from international banks?
I'm pretty sure they accept them from Canadian banks. I know international students from Canada who have done that. For banks outside US and Canada, you'll have to ask the Fin Aid office directly. It's likely a case-by-case type of thing, somewhat dependent on whether or not they've worked with that bank before.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure they accept them from Canadian banks. I know international students from Canada who have done that. For banks outside US and Canada, you'll have to ask the Fin Aid office directly. It's likely a case-by-case type of thing, somewhat dependent on whether or not they've worked with that bank before.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
Awesome! Thank you very much!

Oh my god just got the call from Dean Ratts a minute ago! My whole body was trembling when I saw the number starting with 314! Got off waitlist YASSSSSSSSSSSS

Here's my question: I'm an international student and won't be eligible for any financial aid. Are there any international students on this thread that know how WashU confirms you have enough funding? Do they do Escrow, or is a bank savings statement sufficient?
It's either Line of Credit from your bank or an escrow. I'm choosing to do escrow and so the funds are going to be guaranteed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is waitlist movement over? Time to move on with my life?
I doubt it. It's been really slow in general this year, at least on SDN, but there have been a few this week, including one yesterday. Just slow goings, it seems.

I think the last person to be accepted last year was accepted on June 1st, so don't give up hope just yet!!
Really? Honestly I would have guessed even later. At least we'll know mid-summer, then; that's good.

Reactions: 1 user
I've got a question for you all--one of the documents that Net Partner asks for is the IRS 2015 student tax return transcript. What do we submit if we didn't file 2015 taxes?

I've got a question for you all--one of the documents that Net Partner asks for is the IRS 2015 student tax return transcript. What do we submit if we didn't file 2015 taxes?
I'd imagine you could just submit a signed paper saying you didn't file that year. They know some people won't have. Could always ask fin aid, too, if you're unsure.

The waitlist action across the board is just odd this year. Unless SDN is experiencing big sampling error or the traditionally low-yielding schools discovered a magical new data analysis platform to optimize candidate yield, it seems weird. I'm hoping for a slow burn on WL movement over the rest of summer.

is this the case for reports on all SDN school threads or were you just referring to washu?

Members don't see this ad :)
is this the case for reports on all SDN school threads or were you just referring to washu?
It appears as if the waitlist movement, in general, is down. Schools are using more sophisticated analytics, and they have gotten more precise at identifying applicants that will accept. How this year compares to previous at WashU is hard to say, given how small the SDN sample size is. I think (and hope) there will still be movement in June, so fingers crossed guys and gals!

personally, i know three people were taken off from the WL in May, so SDN sample may not be representative.

Just got in off the waitlist. I was given until June 12th to decide, which is probably the reason for the long waits here on the forum... I will try to be quick about it guys!

just got the call a few hours ago too. also given until jun 12th!

Based on last year's thread, the last acceptance was given out around june 1st. Welp, looks like it's over for the rest of us. Was nice knowing you guys!

Based on last year's thread, the last acceptance was given out around june 1st. Welp, looks like it's over for the rest of us. Was nice knowing you guys!

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but SDN isn't the be-all-end-all of waitlist deadlines. Sure the odds are lower, but given that candidates have until 6/12 to decide, it wouldn't be surprising to see a few more offers pop up between now and the first day of classes.

For those recently accepted, would you sharing if your portal has changed at all? Out of the country so wouldn't get any phone calls

the only thing that changed through the portal for me was the waitlist inquiry option disappeared. but i also got an email with the acceptance packet a day after the call, which might be more informative

the only thing that changed through the portal for me was the waitlist inquiry option disappeared. but i also got an email with the acceptance packet a day after the call, which might be more informative
Thank you!

Still no pre-matriculation email, right? Have any emails gone out recently? I'm not impatient or anything, it's just that I haven't heard a peep since I accepted my waitlist spot a couple weeks ago so I'm lowkey paranoid that, I dunno, they didn't receive my acceptance or something.

If someone can post when they do send out information, that would be great for my blood pressure. :nailbiting:

Nope. Besides the acceptance package, I haven't received anything either.

Does anyone have the link to the Facebook page for accepted students? Recently got accepted and looking to join and figure out roommates, etc. Thanks!

Has anyone come off WL recently? I guess it is all done. No point to wait anymore.

Has anyone come off WL recently? I guess it is all done. No point to wait anymore.
Made an account to respond since I've been trolling this thread for months now :D I got a call from Dean Ratts this week! I had given up but apparently things are still moving!

Still no pre-matriculation email, right? Have any emails gone out recently? I'm not impatient or anything, it's just that I haven't heard a peep since I accepted my waitlist spot a couple weeks ago so I'm lowkey paranoid that, I dunno, they didn't receive my acceptance or something.

If someone can post when they do send out information, that would be great for my blood pressure. :nailbiting:

Email to set up WUSTL key last Wednesday (June 21st), pre-matriculation email with orientation schedule etc. today.

If you're paying attention to the FB group, you'll also find a questionnaire for pairing up with an M2 big sib. I think that ones due 7/15.

anyone knows if there is any WL movement this week or they are done?

Hey, guys, I just got an email about the HIPAA training. Do we have to complete that before a specific date or something? For some reason it says it's due on July 1st for me...

Oh shoot. I don't know why but I only got this email two days ago. Did anyone else have this happen? It says for some reason I was registered earlier though.

Oh shoot. I don't know why but I only got this email two days ago. Did anyone else have this happen? It says for some reason I was registered earlier though.

Yeah, I have that too. Email sent 6/30 and due date of 7/1. I don't think it's a big deal, just do it as soon as you can.