You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Washington University in St. Louis
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Crown-Jewel
Full Member
I got a packet of stuff in the mail from WashU that had a bunch of information, but I wasn’t accepted, I just got a WL. It just says they’re excited I was interviewing and they have a bunch of information. Did anyone else get this?
Crown-Jewel
Full Member
Wait nvm it’s dated 1/9, and it literally just showed up at my door. This psyched me out hahaI got a packet of stuff in the mail from WashU that had a bunch of information, but I wasn’t accepted, I just got a WL. It just says they’re excited I was interviewing and they have a bunch of information. Did anyone else get this?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mangoenthusiast
Full Member
Dean Ratts just called about scholarships (I missed her call so I have no idea the amount)
Edit: full tuition!
Edit: full tuition!
Last edited:
Congratulations! May I ask if you guys were wave 3 or 4?
barca2eth
Full Member
was accepted 2/17, not sure of the wave #
Congratulations! May I ask if you guys were wave 3 or 4?
Thank you!was accepted 2/17, not sure of the wave #
Do we think there will be more scholarships offered, or did they wrap it up already?
gradientfactor
Full Member
Any idea on the waitlist process? How late are they offered historically?
Ditto, the people need answers 😩Any idea on the waitlist process? How late are they offered historically?
Got a full COA scholarship!! Never expected this after I thought they were going to waitlist me. Unfortunately I visited St. Louis and I can't see myself there for 4 years so I'm going to be withdrawing so hopefully the money can go to someone else. Good luck with the process everyone!
Congrats and good luck at your final choice! Could I ask if COA scholarship was merit + need-based? To my knowledge, I thought merit scholarship only covered up to tuition and only need-based aid goes beyond tuition.Got a full COA scholarship!! Never expected this after I thought they were going to waitlist me. Unfortunately I visited St. Louis and I can't see myself there for 4 years so I'm going to be withdrawing so hopefully the money can go to someone else. Good luck with the process everyone!
Sorry, what I said was a bit misleading. Officially, it was a full-tuition merit-based scholarship but when I asked them about my specific financial situation that I won't go too in depth with, they said I will most likely get full need-based aid to cover the rest since my parent's financial situation has changed significantly this year. I didn't have service for most of the weekend they were calling so I most likely got a call then, but I realized I was accepted on 3/10 when the portal changed!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PotatoBean
Full Member
Unfortunately I visited St. Louis and I can't see myself there for 4 years so I'm going to be withdrawing so hopefully the money can go to someone else.
Is St. Louis that bad, lol?
Asking for...uh...friend (it's me. I'm friend)
I've lived in STL for almost 10 years now. It's like any other city. If you're coming from a big city then yeah it might not have some things you're looking for, but overall it's a fine place to live. Amenities align with what you'd find in a big city but you don't have to deal with tons of traffic and you can get around most places within a 20 min drive. Food scene punches above its weight. As long as you can adjust to most restaurants and stuff closing at 9 (10 for some places) you'll be fine. Feel free to dm if you have anything specific you want to know though!Is St. Louis that bad, lol?
Asking for...uh...friend (it's me. I'm friend)
Immediately after being accepted, I visited for 4 full days to get a feel for it and since I had some PTO I wanted to use before quitting my job. I really wanted an unbiased experience of the city so I didn't want to wait until second-look weekend where the school is going to show only its positives.Is St. Louis that bad, lol?
Asking for...uh...friend (it's me. I'm friend)
Obviously, what I want from a location differs from what you want, but I'll say some things that swayed my decision (also coming from someone whose top choice was WashU going into the interview season).
1. The entire city felt very segregated. It was way worse than what people let on and for some areas, I wouldn't want to pass through even in broad daylight.
2. For a "medium-sized" city, it felt very suburban and downtown wasn't anything exciting. My expectations weren't as high as NYC, but I expected more from STL.
3. Biggest deciding factor was safety. I don't want to be stressed about where I go for medical school, and I didn't get that feeling even in Central West End where the hospital is. Sure it's safe enough given there's an entire hospital and medical campus there, but I also don't want to be confined to certain parts of a city just because I might get mugged or worse if I want to explore.
4. I know a current M3 there who went to the same undergrad as me which was already known for being very gunner-y, and he said WashU is even worse. He said resources are abundant, but I don't want to be surrounded by toxic classmates which is the product of the school, not the students themselves.
My decision isn't 100% final and might change in the next week, but this is just my take! I'm happy choosing my other schools even if they're ranked worse. Best of luck to anyone waiting for scholarships and acceptances!
Last edited:
ShadyLightbulb
Full Member
4. I know a current M3 there who went to the same undergrad as me which was already known for being very gunner-y, and he said WashU is even worse. He said resources are abundant, but I don't want to be surrounded by toxic classmates which is the product of the school, not the students themselves.
Could you elaborate on how WashU creates toxicity, or did your friend provide any explanation for why that happens? I've heard mixed things about the student environment there, but I assumed that any toxicity was part of the students' personalities to begin with, instead of structural features that force students to be competitive
It wasn't anything specific, just that students were really stressed which led to a lot of "fake" personalities in his class. Obviously it's dependent on the particular year and many premed students are like that going into med school, but I don't want to go to a place that might turn non-gunners into gunners.Could you elaborate on how WashU creates toxicity, or did your friend provide any explanation for why that happens? I've heard mixed things about the student environment there, but I assumed that any toxicity was part of the students' personalities to begin with, instead of structural features that force students to be competitive
Probably not. I've heard of people getting scholarships off the waitlist/money freeing up towards the end from those who choose not to comeAre they done sending out merit scholarships?
Does anyone know when financial packages come out?
gradientfactor
Full Member
Wrong forum lol
BrainStorm12
Full Member
I personally did not hear about any of it! I haven't seen any half-tuition reported on SDN so I'm hoping that that may be another round?Did anyone hear during second look when the next round of merit scholarships might be sent out?
BrainStorm12
Full Member
I was kinda wondering if maybe they offer more scholarships than they have - just like with admissions. Or if they truly only offer the amount of scholarship money that they can handleIf people with merit aid withdraw would that go to someone else?
BrainStorm12
Full Member
in that case, hoping two people with merit aid withdraw (with love) <3<3I think they only give out as much as they have
curlydoctor
Full Member
does anyone have any insight into waitlist movement/expectations? planning to send a LOI!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
iwannabedoctor
Full Member
Did anything happen on the April 15th admission date? They said it would be the last day that we would be notified of A/R/WL, but it doesn't seem like anything happened (?)
iwannabedoctor
Full Member
I'm keeping my expectations low haha I believe they have a fairly extensive waitlist (but I will be praying for waitlist movement right alongside ya!)does anyone have any insight into waitlist movement/expectations? planning to send a LOI!
mooglypoogly
New Member
withdrawing my A, gl everyone 🙂
The April date is for very special cases and circumstances. In effect, their last date is March 15. WL movement begins in May but at what I estimate to be close to 800 WLers for maybe 20-30 spots, as you say, I’d say chances are slim. Best of luckI'm keeping my expectations low haha I believe they have a fairly extensive waitlist (but I will be praying for waitlist movement right alongside ya!)
donaldduckfanatic
Full Member
One of my friends knows someone who got in here and they said that theyre not anticipating much WL movement this year bc they accepted more than last year so they dont have to pull from the WL😔 (apparently they were told this at second look)
One of my friends knows someone who got in here and they said that theyre not anticipating much WL movement this year bc they accepted more than last year so they dont have to pull from the WL😔 (apparently they were told this at second look)
milkywayglass
Full Member
One of my friends knows someone who got in here and they said that theyre not anticipating much WL movement this year bc they accepted more than last year so they dont have to pull from the WL[emoji17] (apparently they were told this at second look)
Interesting ... Could someone else that went to second look confirm this?
D
deleted1198104
Wow! Where are you going?Withdrew a full tuition merit scholarship/acceptance today! Best of luck to everyone on the WL or waiting for more aid.
probably heading straight to residency😭Wow! Where are you going?
goldenretriever25
Full Member
Just withdrew my A with scholarship. Goodluck to you all today!! 🙂
Mangoenthusiast
Full Member
Also withdrew my A! Such a tough choice I hope one of you lovely people get in!
tweedledumb
Full Member
Also withdrew my A + scholarship! Hoping it goes to someone else who needs it 🙂
milkywayglass
Full Member
Do we think we’re getting any WL movement tonight or tomorrow :,)
Tweaking with all the WL movement that started at other schools today
Tweaking with all the WL movement that started at other schools today
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sphingolipid1
Full Member
I just got accepted off the waitlist!!!!! Happiest day of my life. Here's the info anyone (now or in the future) might want to know (paying it forward because this thread helped me so much!):
Submitted secondary: 9/02
II: 9/27
Interview: 10/29
Decision (WL): 3/14
Accepted!!: 05/02. Got the call at 3:30 Eastern.
Manifesting this for everyone else waiting! I had 5 WLs and would not wish the last few months on anyone.
Submitted secondary: 9/02
II: 9/27
Interview: 10/29
Decision (WL): 3/14
Accepted!!: 05/02. Got the call at 3:30 Eastern.
Manifesting this for everyone else waiting! I had 5 WLs and would not wish the last few months on anyone.
milkywayglass
Full Member
I just got accepted off the waitlist!!!!! Happiest day of my life. Here's the info anyone (now or in the future) might want to know (paying it forward because this thread helped me so much!):
Submitted secondary: 9/02
II: 9/27
Interview: 10/29
Decision (WL): 3/14
Accepted!!: 05/02. Got the call at 3:30 Eastern.
Manifesting this for everyone else waiting! I had 5 WLs and would not wish the last few months on anyone.
CONGRATS!!!!!!! Weird q but do you know what time you got your WL notif on 03/14?
sphingolipid1
Full Member
I actually just checked my email and it was 3/10 at 2:54PM Eastern. Hope this helps!CONGRATS!!!!!!! Weird q but do you know what time you got your WL notif on 03/14?
milkywayglass
Full Member
I actually just checked my email and it was 3/10 at 2:54PM Eastern. Hope this helps!
It does!!!! Thank you!!!! Congrats again :,)