You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Washington University in St. Louis
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
youmatter:)
Full Member
there’s a next round?! I was hoping to find out about WL or R tomorrow :/I really hope so as well. But a lot of people have received calls already and its the fourth wave... I was wondering if the next round is exclusively waitlists and rejections?
From my understanding, this is effectively the final round. April 15 decisions are for WL and special circumstances.there’s a next round?! I was hoping to find out about WL or R tomorrow :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone from this round of As get the portal update yet?
Ultimate_JAB
New Member
Not yetDid anyone from this round of As get the portal update yet?
niacinaketone
Full Member
I am just confused cuz last year WL came out on the fourth wave...
milkywayglass
Full Member
Not yet
Is there still no portal update?
frigophobiashift
Full Member
For Feb 17th I think it was in the AM. Seems variableThe decisions were released in the afternoon with the previous waves. I think I received my email around 2:30 - 3:00 pm ET.
milkywayglass
Full Member
The decisions were released in the afternoon with the previous waves. I think I received my email around 2:30 - 3:00 pm ET.
Did your portal update and email come in around the time?
Crown-Jewel
Full Member
Mine didn’t update and I didn’t get the email. Looks like they may do WLs and Rs later. The wait goes on
Crown-Jewel
Full Member
Wait I got an email that said I wasn’t accepted by they want to invite me to join their waitlist. Does that mean anyone can join the waitlist? I’m confused by the wording
+1, naturally came when I went out to lunchGot an email. Portal updated.
D
deleted1180326
+1 WLWait I got an email that said I wasn’t accepted by they want to invite me to join their waitlist. Does that mean anyone can join the waitlist? I’m confused by the wording
what (most) schools do, is that they invite a select number of interviewees to join their WL, and reject the rest of the interviewees that were not accepted. historically, i think WashU WL almost everyone that wasnt accepted (please someone feel free to correct me, not 100% sure)
ravioliravioli
Full Member
Also got the WL - I heard from the director of admissions that they only rejected "a handful" of people post interview, and WL everybody else.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ravioliravioli
Full Member
Also does anybody understand what the "Waitlist Comments" are?
Crown-Jewel
Full Member
So you’re saying their waitlist is like seven hundred people?
Malignwine
Full Member
This also tracks from the cycletrack data from last year where a BUNCH of folks were waitlisted the day decisions were releasedAlso got the WL - I heard from the director of admissions that they only rejected "a handful" of people post interview, and WL everybody else.
blondemedgal
New Member
+1 WL OOS. Seems like a lot of people just got waitlisted unfortunately
ravioliravioli
Full Member
I would assume at least in the hundreds - likely a number of people decline due to already being accepted at other schools (wish it could be me lol)So you’re saying their waitlist is like seven hundred people?
Malignwine
Full Member
+1 WL OOS. Also wish I could have declined. The thought of being on a multi-hundred person waitlist that is probably unranked seems torturous.
Haven't received any kind of email... does that mean R or are they still making decisions?
fishypeeler
New Member
+1 WL OOS
dankmemes1
Full Member
What is this waitlist comments section for?
youmatter:)
Full Member
+ 1 OOS WL, what are you guys putting for the comments?
QuantumCatalyst
New Member
+1 OOS WL
Metaphysical Kestrel
Full Member
+1 IS WL
frigophobiashift
Full Member
+1 OOS WL
+1 WL!! Congrats on those of you with As!! 🙂
milkywayglass
Full Member
Do you guys think that the time of the WL email means anything? It looks like some people received the email earlier than others?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I personally just checked my email later in the day not sure about everyone else who's reportingDo you guys think that the time of the WL email means anything? It looks like some people received the email earlier than others?
brainrottt
Full Member
I got the WL email about an hour later than some of the other people that reported it. Not sure what it means though
+1 OOS WL
Not to be the bearer of bad news, but if this information from the AAMC is correct (which it probably isn't 100%) than it doesn't look great for the WL. Set your expectations low and be pleasantly surprised is what I would say! Hope you all get into an incredible school
Not to be the bearer of bad news, but if this information from the AAMC is correct (which it probably isn't 100%) than it doesn't look great for the WL. Set your expectations low and be pleasantly surprised is what I would say! Hope you all get into an incredible school
Attachments
I know of at least one person who was accepted from WL last year, so that can’t be accurate…+1 OOS WL
Not to be the bearer of bad news, but if this information from the AAMC is correct (which it probably isn't 100%) than it doesn't look great for the WL. Set your expectations low and be pleasantly surprised is what I would say! Hope you all get into an incredible school
ravioliravioli
Full Member
I would be cautious of that document in general. A lot of schools just don't submit any info to MSAR, and some submit info that is clearly wrong (i.e. I'm pretty sure Dartmouth or another school says they extend 10 WL offers but 20-40 acceptances from the WL, which makes no sense). There are lots of examples in previous WashU SDN threads of WL -> acceptance.
Nevertheless, I would definitely not hold out hope of getting off what I am pretty sure is a multi-hundred, unranked WL.
This process is truly terrible.
Nevertheless, I would definitely not hold out hope of getting off what I am pretty sure is a multi-hundred, unranked WL.
This process is truly terrible.
p4th2g0a1s
Full Member
+1 INTL WL
I assume this is where you can upload updates or LOI's but not sureWhat is this waitlist comments section for?
gradientfactor
Full Member
Seeing the amount of WLs terrify me
iwannabedoctor
Full Member
+1 OOS WL
Last edited:
Terminator1134
Full Member
The wait to find out about merit scholarships is killing me. Does anyone have any updates on scholarships?
Mangoenthusiast
Full Member
Last year another wave of scholarships came out on April 1st … idk if they are doing things differently this year thoughThe wait to find out about merit scholarships is killing me. Does anyone have any updates on scholarships?
mooglypoogly
New Member
Emailed admissions and they said next wave of scholarships should be mid to late March, hang in there gangy
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
niacinaketone
Full Member
Does everyone get a waitlist or have people still not heard from WashU?
WashU waitlists everybody post interview it seems from previous threads that's just how they do it
Dre Barlow
Full Member
Are you guys (accepted students) going to the second look weekend?
Terminator1134
Full Member
I can’t go otherwise I would.
Are you guys (accepted students) going to the second look weekend?
I'm planning on going. I'm local but would like to meet potential incoming classmates!Are you guys (accepted students) going to the second look weekend?