2017-2018 Albert Einstein College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if the student housing is furnished?

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone still looking for a place for rent? I have available apartment 10 min away from the school. It's one bedroom but easily convert to 2 bedroom (and you can share for really good price in an excellent street). I'm sorry if I violate any rules if I posted it here.
Send me a message if you need a place to rent.

Members don't see this ad :)
did people get confirmations when the housing office received their applications/deposits?

If you mail your application with return receipt at the post office, you'll get a postcard back from the USPS with a signature of who received your delivery.

Got a "looking forward to hearing back from you" email today, regarding how interested I am in attending. Is this what people were getting earlier this month?

Reactions: 2 users
Got a "looking forward to hearing back from you" email today, regarding how interested I am in attending. Is this what people were getting earlier this month?

Yes! As you may have read from earlier pages(around the end of April and the beginning of May), a few people got that email and it seemed to be a positive sign.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Oops sorry my question was did anyone get the "looking forward to hearing back from you" email after sending the letter of intent?

My friend sent a letter of intent a few months ago, then received that email today. I'm confused because why would they ask if he was still interested if he sent a letter of intent. That's why I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else.
Yep, Einstein just wants to confirm that you're still interested in them. Some people send an LOI, but end up deciding on another school, getting off another school's WL, etc. a few weeks/months later. So many possibilities! Either way, it looks like your friend may have some good news coming his way ;)

Did anyone get accepted in May without receiving a "still interested" email beforehand? Im pretty sure the answer is no

I definitely saw one person say they were accepted in May without being placed on the waitlsit.. not sure if they received the still interested email though

Still no fin aid...
hopefully I find out how much I'm paying by the start date! :boom:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
RIP. have you emailed them asking whats up?

Yeah and they said “itll be packaged soon” like a 2 months ago lol.
This school is so unorganized and mildly infuriating - we’ve gotten no info on move-in dates or anything. (trying to buy plane tickets soon before tickets skyrocket)

God I hope this isn’t a common theme during my 4 years here lol

HPWL today. Wondering how much movement I can expect at this point in the cycle??

Recently waitlisted.
The body of the email is identical to HPWL applicants earlier in this thread, however, the subject of the email does not say high priority. What does this mean?

HPWL today. Wondering how much movement I can expect at this point in the cycle??

Recently waitlisted.
The body of the email is identical to HPWL applicants earlier in this thread, however, the subject of the email does not say high priority. What does this mean?

It's probably a sign that they are starting to exhaust their current waitlist, and you are being bumped up in terms of priority. The next step seems to be the second "interest" email, which then leads to a likely acceptance. As the admissions office stated, I don't think they are doing HPWL and normal WL anymore at this stage, just one list. I feel like Einstein has had a lot of waitlist movement, so sounds hopeful.

JUST ACCEPTED OFF THE WL!!!! WLed last Thursday and sent in LOI last Friday. I’m still in shock!!

Reactions: 8 users
Accepted off the WL today!! YAAAAAAAAAAA

Accepted today... Haleluya!!! HPWL, several letters of interest, my first acceptance!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted today :D

Also, I was wondering how to interpret the match data. Does anyone know if Einstein matches well for surgical residencies? Obviously the amount of people that match into surgical residencies vary from year to year but I was wondering what Einstein's general reputation is regarding this?

Are lectures mandatory, and is Einstein true P/F, as in there is no internal ranking.

Recently accepted! Haven't made a final decision yet though.

Could a current Einstine student message me?

I have some questions about the school and student life.

Last edited by a moderator:
have the people who got off the WL a couple weeks ago gotten any further correspondence after the acceptance stuff? like housing, student portal, etc?

Also accepted Friday!!!!! So excited/relived/happy!!! :D

Does anyone have the medical paperwork we need to submit by June 30th? If so can you message me or send them to me.
+1

Thanks!

Still waiting on that FA package. Seriously though, it can't possibly be this difficult to just tell me that I need to finance my entire education with loans.

Did anyone get accepted in May without receiving a "still interested" email beforehand? Im pretty sure the answer is no

me! Didn't hear from them after my interview and then they just sent an acceptance offer out of the blue.

Are lectures mandatory, and is Einstein true P/F, as in there is no internal ranking.

Most lectures aren't mandatory but labs, large group, and small group sessions are mandatory. It is true P/F for first two years with no internal ranking.

Anyone know if there's a fb page for accepted students?

have the people who got off the WL a couple weeks ago gotten any further correspondence after the acceptance stuff? like housing, student portal, etc?
I got emailed the housing info and application yesterday, and the OSHA forms to complete

I was interested in attending the Biochem course after hearing it was open to all students, but apparently it's only for those who meet one of the following criteria:

1) non-science major
2) has not taken a biochem course before
3) has not been in school for 2+ years

Sad!

I got emailed the housing info and application yesterday, and the OSHA forms to complete

I got the OSHA forms and info on the biochemistry course, but not the housing forms. What was the subject of the housing email?

Reactions: 1 users
I got the OSHA forms and info on the biochemistry course, but not the housing forms. What was the subject of the housing email?
+1 to this! It's strange because people who were accepted last week already received it... I wonder if I missed an email or something. I was accepted 2 weeks ago.

+1 to this! It's strange because people who were accepted last week already received it... I wonder if I missed an email or something. I was accepted 2 weeks ago.

Same here, I was accepted on May 9th and got all the forms except the housing one!

Same here, I was accepted on May 9th and got all the forms except the housing one!

Yep, May 9th here too. I wonder if they somehow overlooked our group LOL Anyhow, I just emailed Housing and I'll let you know when they get back to me!

I guess was curious if anyone else had heard from them about it? And no, they were sent in separate emails.

I don't know too much about it, but I also got the Einstein Scholar for research and service. I looked in previous years, and it use to be something that you had to apply for in the past. I think I read that scholarships go from $5,000-$50,000. Not sure how many people are designated, but it was definitely a nice surprise!

Also, for others, I emailed housing yesterday, and they said they would send out housing packets when they received info on those that were accepted. I'm not sure why people accepted recently received one beforehand, but I wouldn't worry about it.

@brinny @howtomedicine
Housing emailed me back saying "We just received the manifest of names of those accepted. You should be receiving an email detailing what to do regarding Housing shortly."

I guess I'll try to be patient for a little bit longer... emphasis on a little bit ;)