2017-2018 Albert Einstein College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Question...people who had problems with Einstein not getting their FAFSA, what did you guys do for them to get it? How long did it take for them to get it afterwards? Would really appreciate any advice!

Accepted off of regular waitlist with a scholarship! Will be attending. See you guys in Fall.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got an email from from financial aid last week saying that we would receive information on how to apply for Grad Plus loans this week, but have not received any instructions. Did anyone get the Grad Plus loan instructions? Trying to figure out if I missed an email or not lol

Got an email from from financial aid last week saying that we would receive information on how to apply for Grad Plus loans this week, but have not received any instructions. Did anyone get the Grad Plus loan instructions? Trying to figure out if I missed an email or not lol

Yea it came out in the last couple of weeks - last week I think?
They said they were flooded with calls so they were sending them out ASAP.

Edit: the email is from Camille Cullen and was sent on the 15th!

Thanks for the info! I didn't receive the email so I just emailed Ms. Cullen for the instructions.

Question...people who had problems with Einstein not getting their FAFSA, what did you guys do for them to get it? How long did it take for them to get it afterwards? Would really appreciate any advice!
I submitted all of my FA materials in March, FAFSA included, but didn't receive a package until June 13th. I called the FA Office several times about it, each time just mentioning that I had yet to receive aid and I knew that my FAFSA was submitted correctly. I also resubmitted it twice before they finally must have gotten it. No idea what actually did the trick, but definitely call so they know you are having problems and maybe try resubmitting the FAFSA. It'll work out :)

Was this the Entrance Counseling and MPN email? I got that one but she also said more specific instructions would be emailed for actually requesting the PLUS loan. I assume we do it via the option on the studentloans.gov website but I'm hesitant to do anything before being given specific instructions.

I submitted all of my FA materials in March, FAFSA included, but didn't receive a package until June 13th. I called the FA Office several times about it, each time just mentioning that I had yet to receive aid and I knew that my FAFSA was submitted correctly. I also resubmitted it twice before they finally must have gotten it. No idea what actually did the trick, but definitely call so they know you are having problems and maybe try resubmitting the FAFSA. It'll work out :)
Thanks for the reassurance! I actually called and resubmitted once, but I will definitely call and see if they need me to resubmit it again. Glad to hear it worked out for you :D

Reactions: 1 user
Was this the Entrance Counseling and MPN email? I got that one but she also said more specific instructions would be emailed for actually requesting the PLUS loan. I assume we do it via the option on the studentloans.gov website but I'm hesitant to do anything before being given specific instructions.

I’m pretty sure yes but if Ms. Cullen said she’ll email you again id call and remind her because the whole office seems a bit overwhelmed

I’m pretty sure yes but if Ms. Cullen said she’ll email you again id call and remind her because the whole office seems a bit overwhelmed

Yeah I just filled out the MPN for the PLUS loan. She told me to wait for specific instructions later

Has anyone else not been assigned housing yet? I feel like I submitted my forms a while ago.. :/

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it anywhere else? I don't have an email from finaid

I guess you could call the school to ask. I think you should’ve gotten an email showing you how to view your aid package and the log in is your banner ID

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know the average Step 1 score for AE?

Also, about what percentage of students receive scholarships or aid besides loans?

Thank you, future classmates.

Last edited:
Yeah I just filled out the MPN for the PLUS loan. She told me to wait for specific instructions later
has anyone gotten “more specific instructions” Camille Cullen has promised? I’m getting a bit antsy because I don’t know what the next steps are to get the loan $$$ – all I know is that we’ve got bills to pay by August 10! (first semester of tuition is due by then in case that’s news to anyone)

has anyone gotten “more specific instructions” Camille Cullen has promised? I’m getting a bit antsy because I don’t know what the next steps are to get the loan $$$ – all I know is that we’ve got bills to pay by August 10! (first semester of tuition is due by then in case that’s news to anyone)

Still waiting for those instructions as well :/

Reactions: 1 users

I just got an email Monday from her titled "How to process Federal Loans 2018-19" with instructions right after getting my award, since I just got off the waitlist like 2 weeks ago I feel like everyone else should have gotten it before me!

So once you have done the entrance counseling and MPN for the direct unsub loans, you need to apply for grad plus loans to make up the difference between your financial aid package and your total cost of attendance (which should be lower than what they calculated because their budget is crazy high). To do this you go on the FAFSA website and complete a MPN for the PLUS loan. After you do this, you can then apply for PLUS loans on the FAFSA website up to what you think you need (should be around 20k for most students).

what is the subject of the most recent email that camille cullen has sent? i'm scared i'm losing emails... and i was completely left out of the housing packet correspondence.

also, does anyone know the processing time of a grad plus loan?

Still haven't gotten info regarding PLUS loans either...
And housing said housing info will be released in 2 weeks (per the fb group)

Did anyone else on the waitlist receive a still interested email recently? I received one and I’m trying to figure out if it’s promising or if they sent it to everyone on the waitlist.

Did anyone else on the waitlist receive a still interested email recently? I received one and I’m trying to figure out if it’s promising or if they sent it to everyone on the waitlist.

I think it was sent to everyone and they're just trying to clear out the waitlist so they can give spots to people on their list who actually want one.

I think it was sent to everyone and they're just trying to clear out the waitlist so they can give spots to people on their list who actually want one.

Yeah that’s what I figured. Thanks medstar. Do you or any other accepted students know if the class is full or if there was movement recently?

You don't need to put anything down if you don't have anything else to add.
I read some schools like if you give a "why their school" response or a "diversity" response since no other questions for Albert Einstein address those questions?