You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Brown University (Alpert)
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've noticed you've been asking this same question in virtually every top school's thread?Currently trying to choose schools: Why did you choose Brown on your school list?
II OOS!
Nice! When were you complete?II OOS!
July 13th!Nice! When were you complete?
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing your stats, and are you doing the ScM program?II OOS!
.
Last edited:
I've noticed you've been asking this same question in virtually every top school's thread?
Yes, can't apply to all of them so gotta pick
.
Last edited:
II today! OOS. Wow, after getting rejected from USC and then this a few hours later...whirlwind of emotions today 🙂
II today! OOS. Wow, after getting rejected from USC and then this a few hours later...whirlwind of emotions today 🙂
Congrats! When were you complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@hk94 Complete 7/28. I'm honestly shocked. I know most of the spots are reserved for Brown students and my stats are only so-so.
@hk94 Complete 7/28. I'm honestly shocked. I know most of the spots are reserved for Brown students and my stats are only so-so.
Thank you. That gives me hope after being rejected from USC earlier today too. 🙂 Best of luck at your interview !
@hk94 Complete 7/28. I'm honestly shocked. I know most of the spots are reserved for Brown students and my stats are only so-so.
This post gives me a lot of hope since I'm also CA resident and 68 LM
@hk94 @hebrewBAMmer You're welcome. Just goes to show there's no rhyme or reason to this process. Best of luck to you both!
@hk94 Complete 7/28. I'm honestly shocked. I know most of the spots are reserved for Brown students and my stats are only so-so.
What are your stats? Congrats!!
Congrats! when were you complete?II, LizzyM 72-75. Super excited to learn more about Brown.
Congrats! when were you complete?
Complete July 15th!
Does anyone know the interview to offer ratio at Brown?
What interview dates are available for those that just received IIs?
Does anyone know the interview to offer ratio at Brown?
~high~
Does anyone know the interview to offer ratio at Brown?
According to MSAR last year they had 8,199 applications, gave only 388 interviews, and of those they accepted 144. So you now have a 37% chance of acceptance off the bat.
According to MSAR last year they had 8,199 applications, gave only 388 interviews, and of those they accepted 144. So you now have a 37% chance of acceptance off the bat.
That is not how it works. Schools accept 2-2.5x the number of seats, which includes pulling from the waitlist for declined spots. According to this:
from US news, Brown has a 70% post interview acceptance rate.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That is not how it works. Schools accept 2-2.5x the number of seats, which includes pulling from the waitlist for declined spots. According to this:
from US news, Brown has a 70% post interview acceptance rate.
Wow, I like those numbers!
Bear in mind that the 70% includes accepted applicants for all programs including their BS-MD program pool for current Brown students, which would skew numbers, but I imagine the actual rate would still be pretty high.
That is not how it works. Schools accept 2-2.5x the number of seats, which includes pulling from the waitlist for declined spots. According to this:
from US news, Brown has a 70% post interview acceptance rate.
Wow thanks for the explanation, that makes a lot of sense.
Thanks for sharing! But I actually don't follow. How is MSAR wrong?Wow thanks for the explanation, that makes a lot of sense.
Thanks for sharing! But I actually don't follow. How is MSAR wrong?
MSAR is not wrong but we have to recognize what information it's providing us. MSAR gives us numbers for applications, interviews and matriculants. It does not give us acceptance rate. Most schools have at least a 1.5:1 accepted:matriculant ratio to account for applicants who have received multiple acceptances and waitlist movement.
MSAR is not wrong but we have to recognize what information it's providing us. MSAR gives us numbers for applications, interviews and matriculants. It does not give us acceptance rate. Most schools have at least a 1.5:1 accepted:matriculant ratio to account for applicants who have received multiple acceptances and waitlist movement.
oh, rite. they give us number of matriculants, not admits. i misread. thanks!
That is not how it works. Schools accept 2-2.5x the number of seats, which includes pulling from the waitlist for declined spots. According to this:
from US news, Brown has a 70% post interview acceptance rate.
What year is this data from? I'm surprised by all of these numbers. Also, is this data I can find on US News?
I saw October 12, 19, 26. Not sure about later ones. Is the availability of interview days supposed to tell us anything about where they are in their process etc?What interview dates are available for those that just received IIs?
I saw October 12, 19, 26. Not sure about later ones. Is the availability of interview days supposed to tell us anything about where they are in their process etc?
From the interview dates they offered you it tells us that they probably have interviews filled up until mid October already.
Does this suggest anything more literal? This is pretty early then, right, so they still have lots more IIs to dole out?From the interview dates they offered you it tells us that they probably have interviews filled up until mid October already.
Does this suggest anything more literal? This is pretty early then, right, so they still have lots more IIs to dole out?
From what I have heard if you don't have an interview lined up by December any interviews you have after will at best be for spots on the waitlist. Some schools are already have interviews lined up till February (Tulane)
Anyone else have II or rejection news? Was complete 7/24, still in silence squad.
+1, have heard exactly nothingAnyone else have II or rejection news? Was complete 7/24, still in silence squad.
II this evening!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!!OOS, complete 8/18. (took 5 weeks to submit). LizzyM 71
Congrats 🙂 do you know what days are available?OOS, complete 8/18. (took 5 weeks to submit). LizzyM 71
The days were in November now, so they must have filled up the earlier dates. They do interviews all Thursdays and some Fridays.
The days were in November now, so they must have filled up the earlier dates. They do interviews all Thursdays and some Fridays.
Ugh, that's worrisome as I'm still on the silent squad
same re: OOS and LM 71. Complete 7/24 and still in the silence squadOOS, complete 8/18. (took 5 weeks to submit). LizzyM 71

Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K