You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Brown University (Alpert)
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
.
Last edited:
Complete 07/22 and still silence. The wait is maddening. 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I read this as you got an acceptance. Amen to that!!Post II acceptance rate of 70%!! Wow that's super high! I'm on the moon!
I feel ya! I was complete 7/11.Complete 07/22 and still silence. The wait is maddening. 🙁
Yeah
I feel you. Completed 07/23Complete 07/22 and still silence. The wait is maddening. 🙁
I feel you. Completed 07/23
+1. Complete 7/24 and silence
+2. Complete 7/24. All aboard the silence squad+1. Complete 7/24 and silence
+2. Complete 7/24. All aboard the silence squad
joining on the silent train. complete 7/24
Looking at threads from past years, it seems like Brown really likes to play the waiting game. Complete 8/1.
I was curious about this also so I went through last year's thread and they started sending out rejections on 11/10, so yes.Does this school send rejections?
complete 7/18! the train continues on.joining on the silent train. complete 7/24
Think it's too late to apply here?
Think it's too late to apply here?
Its pretty late to apply anywhere honestly unless your a spotless applicant. I have had friends submit secondaries in December and get acceptances but again they were spotless applicants (3.96 GPA, 34 MCAT, URM, from top 10 university) and it is not something that happens often.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just got a notification that brown looked at my linkedin? does this mean anything? complete 7/25 and sitting in silence since
Somebody just said the same thing about Dartmouth. Maybe curiosity? At the very least, it seems as though somebody has genuinely looked at your application!
just got a notification that brown looked at my linkedin? does this mean anything? complete 7/25 and sitting in silence since
The Brown admissions staff is known to do comprehensive research on an applicant before sending out interview invites. It's one of the reasons that they send out very few invites but end up accepting the majority of those interviewed.
Did you see that a human who happens to work in admissions looked at you, or did LinkedIn let you know that some other type of account (maybe an institutional account) viewed your profile?just got a notification that brown looked at my linkedin? does this mean anything? complete 7/25 and sitting in silence since
Did you see that a human who happens to work in admissions looked at you, or did LinkedIn let you know that some other type of account (maybe an institutional account) viewed your profile?
I don't have a premium account. I got a notification that read "you appeared in X searches this week. Where your searchers work: [Brown University was one among a list of 5]"
The Brown admissions staff is known to do comprehensive research on an applicant before sending out interview invites. It's one of the reasons that they send out very few invites but end up accepting the majority of those interviewed.
The statistic 70% acceptance is rather misleading since it accounts for PMLE students. The actual post-II acceptance rate for AMCAS applicants is closer to 50%. So still pretty good, but definitely not a shoo-in. Interviewing early can actually be a slight disadvantage since they tend to hold back from trying to fill their class too early in the cycle.
Source: Admissions staff.
The statistic 70% acceptance is rather misleading since it accounts for PMLE students. The actual post-II acceptance rate for AMCAS applicants is closer to 50%. So still pretty good, but definitely not a shoo-in. Interviewing early can actually be a slight disadvantage since they tend to hold back from trying to fill their class too early in the cycle.
Source: Admissions staff.
Oh that's interesting. Makes sense given that PLME students also have to fill out an AMCAS primary and go through the "application process". Thanks for clearing that up.
Last edited:
Has anyone sent Brown updates as of yet?
Not yetHas anyone sent Brown updates as of yet?
No, but I've tried. They have a 200KB file size limit and my update letter is ~300KB. It's literally just one page of text so not sure what to do. I'll probably call admissions to see if I can email it.Has anyone sent Brown updates as of yet?
II!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
complete 8/16
complete 8/16
II!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
complete 8/16
CONGRATS. I was complete 8/16 too so hoping for some love
Congrats! I was complete 8/7. Really hoping for a chance hereII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
complete 8/16
Congrats! Guess you didn't need updates then 🙂II!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
complete 8/16
II!!
Complete in mid August
Complete in mid August
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just submitted an update, does anyone know their policy on updates? It said that they may or not be viewed online. Just wondering if anyone had submitted an update here that actually was helpful. Congrats to everyone with IIs!
Last year first rejections came out in Nov I thinkdoes brown reject pre-II? I've been complete since 7/25 and haven't heard anything..
+1does brown reject pre-II? I've been complete since 7/25 and haven't heard anything..
Very quiet here...
Yup...anyone hear anything?Very quiet here...
Just to get some activity on here
Can any current students or past interviewees comment on how they liked the school or give any tips for the interview?
How long does it take for decisions to come out post interview?
How many people are waitlisted vs accepted and what is waitlist movement like?
What are some reasons people might be rejected or waitlisted post II beyond the obvious no people skills?
Just a few questions 🙂 thanks in advance guys!
(also sorry if someone already asked any of this)
Can any current students or past interviewees comment on how they liked the school or give any tips for the interview?
How long does it take for decisions to come out post interview?
How many people are waitlisted vs accepted and what is waitlist movement like?
What are some reasons people might be rejected or waitlisted post II beyond the obvious no people skills?
Just a few questions 🙂 thanks in advance guys!
(also sorry if someone already asked any of this)
Can any current students speak to the joint MD/MPA program? I'm especially interested but it seems to have started this year and can't find much besides press-release info.
Congrats!! do you mind sharing what dates were available?II!! Complete 8/29, OOS, LM76.
Thanks! There were a few dates available in the first half of December. I believe they only interview on Thursdays and Fridays.Congrats!! do you mind sharing what dates were available?
Have they sent out any pre-II rejections yet?
Also on that theme, when are acceptances sent out?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am sorry to hear that, do you mind sharing your stats?Just rejected. Complete mid July.
Regretfully, I am writing to inform you that your application was not selected for interview consideration, and will go no further in our review process.
Lol I swear if someone “regrets to inform” me something again I’m gonna vomit after this cycleRegretfully, I am writing to inform you that your application was not selected for interview consideration, and will go no further in our review process.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K