2017-2018 Central Michigan University

Started by gyngyn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the second question in the application, "What are two essential skills needed for success in medical school?", is it talking about qualities to be a successful physician or to be a good medical student?
I talked about specifically as a med student. Being a physician and being a med student, I believe, are two very different experiences. At least that's what my advisor told me haha
 
Anyone have a green checkmark next to "Application under review" on the portal? Or is everyone at "Application Complete"?
 
Anyone know what screening criteria CMED adcoms use before sending the secondary? (GPA, MCAT, fit with school's mission)?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have a green checkmark next to "Application under review" on the portal? Or is everyone at "Application Complete"?
Where are you checking the status on the portal? Mine just shows green checkmarks next to each part of the secondary application
 
...Very strange, I can't seem to access my application status through the link they provided us. However, if you use the following CMU link, it shows a step-by-step of your application status: Central Michigan University College of Medicine Application - Login

Everyone go check what your status is!
Haha you're a hero... i was getting so confused with the process and sent them an email. I only have a green checkmark at "application complete"
 
Hey everyone! First time posting actually! My status now says "Your supplemental application review is complete but an interview decision is pending. While we make every effort to provide application decisions in a timely manner, it is possible that an applicant could remain without an interview decision until February."

Possible they are waiting for my Casper scores (I take is 7/26). Submitted secondary 7/14. Not sure what to make of the status change but thought I'd see if anyone else was in the same boat.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My application just got a new update. "Your supplemental application review is complete but an interview decision is pending. While we make every effort to provide application decisions in a timely manner, it is possible that an applicant could remain without an interview decision until February."
From reading last years thread some of the people who got this update got interview invites 2-3 weeks later so I'm really hoping this is a good thing!
 
Hey everyone! First time posting actually! My status now says "Your supplemental application review is complete but an interview decision is pending. While we make every effort to provide application decisions in a timely manner, it is possible that an applicant could remain without an interview decision until February."

Possible they are waiting for my Casper scores (I take is 7/26). Submitted secondary 7/14. Not sure what to make of the status change but thought I'd see if anyone else was in the same boat.
I'm in the same boat. I'm very optimistic looking at last year's thread. This seems to be their pre-interview assigned status. Best of luck to you.
 
My application just got a new update. "Your supplemental application review is complete but an interview decision is pending. While we make every effort to provide application decisions in a timely manner, it is possible that an applicant could remain without an interview decision until February."
From reading last years thread some of the people who got this update got interview invites 2-3 weeks later so I'm really hoping this is a good thing!
Did you take Casper yet?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got the green check mark for application under review. "Your supplemental application is complete and your materials are currently under review. This process can up to 8 weeks to complete."
 
Does anyone know what the screening cutoffs are? Deciding whether its worth designating my primary at this point
 
It took a LOT longer than 8 weeks last year, but we're closer to the front of the line so it should be shorter for us.
^agreed. I submitted my secondary 7/14, then went under review, and then I was notified that my review was complete a few days ago. I think the review process timeline varies person to person. Hope this helps! Good luck everyone!
 
Under biographic data, for the question: Please provide a brief summary of your affiliation with any County selected. If we select not applicable, are we supposed to use this space to answer why we would want to practice in Michigan? Or do we just say N/A?
I did N/A
 
I'm in the same boat. I'm very optimistic looking at last year's thread. This seems to be their pre-interview assigned status. Best of luck to you.

Do you mind referring me to whichi page on last year's thread where it says that? I have that section checked for about a week now. But if it's a pre-interview assigned status, I would be ecstatic!!
 
Do you mind referring me to whichi page on last year's thread where it says that? I have that section checked for about a week now. But if it's a pre-interview assigned status, I would be ecstatic!!
I'm not sure exactly but I read the first maybe 10-12 pages of the thread from when people submitted and it seemed to be the people who got this status early in the cycle received interview invites about the beginning of September. Fingers crossed for us!
 
Can someone briefly describe their experience with CASPer?
Just situational/judgement based. Just tries to see how you would react to typical difficult to solve questions. Just be yourself and have a strong argument about what you think is the right move and it should go great. I found it very interesting and enjoyable to take. I'm also a fast typer though and it seems to be difficult for some to get the full extent of their answer down due to the short time limits.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if they pre-screen for secondaries/ how long did it take from when you were verified through AMCAS to get a secondary? I was verified late (7/17).
 
Does anyone know if they pre-screen for secondaries/ how long did it take from when you were verified through AMCAS to get a secondary? I was verified late (7/17).
MSAR says that they do screen, I got mine 2 weeks after verification.
 
I'm not sure exactly but I read the first maybe 10-12 pages of the thread from when people submitted and it seemed to be the people who got this status early in the cycle received interview invites about the beginning of September. Fingers crossed for us!
Oh man that's great to hear! Thanks so much, I really appreciate it! I've found that most of these threads are just people asking for stats or just doing the +1/+2, and I end up scrolling quickl through them.

Thank you though!
 
I'm not sure exactly but I read the first maybe 10-12 pages of the thread from when people submitted and it seemed to be the people who got this status early in the cycle received interview invites about the beginning of September. Fingers crossed for us!
When were you guys that got this message complete?
 
Oh man that's great to hear! Thanks so much, I really appreciate it! I've found that most of these threads are just people asking for stats or just doing the +1/+2, and I end up scrolling quickl through them.

Thank you though!

+1