2017-2018 Central Michigan University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an update on my portal. It now says: "Your supplemental application review is complete but an interview decision is pending. While we make every effort to provide application decisions in a timely manner, it is possible that an applicant could remain without an interview decision until February." This is basically a hold, right?
Sounds like it

Members don't see this ad.

I got an update on my portal. It now says: "Your supplemental application review is complete but an interview decision is pending. While we make every effort to provide application decisions in a timely manner, it is possible that an applicant could remain without an interview decision until February." This is basically a hold, right?

No, it's not a hold. It's a "we got your application, as well as 5,000 other applications; we are trying to get through them all, we hold interviews all the way through February, please be patient."

Everyone gets this message.

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted my secondary 7/28 and now my application is under review. Getting a wee bit closer lol
Similar situation, complete 7/28 or maybe 8/1 because that was my last letter entry date for most schools, I'm not even under review yet haha.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone offered an interview, or anyone in the area really, is there a cheap place to stay that is close to the University? I'm flying from Virginia and have never been to Michigan before. Thanks!

Is it a disadvantage to schedule the interview at a later date? I know it's rolling admission but how much do you think it matters to move the interview say a month later?

II as well! Hope to see you guys there!

Complete July 23rd, Lizzy M ~68, OOS, Stoked! Which airport is everybody flying into?

I might drive, I'm from the northeast. Seems like Mt. Pleasant is very middle of nowhere. Although I may fly into Detroit and stay with family there.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would consider Mt pleasant close to the middle of nowhere lol.

For all you studs and studettes who got IIs, when were you complete?

I was complete mid to late July.

I might drive, I'm from the northeast. Seems like Mt. Pleasant is very middle of nowhere. Although I may fly into Detroit and stay with family there.

Driving honestly seems like the cheaper option for me even though it's 5eva away. That pesky $25 fee for rental cars and expensive cross-country flights..

I was complete mid to late July.

Driving honestly seems like the cheaper option for me even though it's 5eva away. That pesky $25 fee for rental cars and expensive cross-country flights..

Hitch a ride together if you're from
The Northeast:laugh:

Anyone else flying into DTW? I'd be down to rent a car together and drive over/possibly split a hotel if you're up for it. Some MMI prep while driving wont hurt either! I'll be there for the interview on the 29th so will be flying in the day before.

Edit: I'm from the west coast for what it's worth

Last edited:
Received a II! Does anybody know what the OOS post-interview acceptance rate is? Hopefully they like OOS!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Received a II! Does anybody know what the OOS post-interview acceptance rate is? Hopefully they like OOS!

Likely much higher if you have strong ties to the region. According to MSAR, only 20 OOS applicants (out of 3051 OOS applicants) matriculated. Obviously the matriculation rate is not the same thing as admission rate, but it is helpful. The fact you got an II as an OOS is a good sign though since only 166/3051 OOS applicants got II's last year.

They'll probably like you a lot more if you're from a rural background. Also, the 20 people who matriculated may be the result of a high OOS tuition. If people have cheaper options then they may not take their CMU acceptance.

II here as well. OOS

Anyone else flying into DTW? I'd be down to rent a car together and drive over/possibly split a hotel if you're up for it. Some MMI prep while driving wont hurt either! I'll be there for the interview on the 29th so will be flying in the day before.

Edit: I'm from the west coast for what it's worth

I might take you on this offer. I'm wondering what other options there are and how much a rental car is going to be. DTW is far and MBS airport seems closer...

II here as well. OOS

I might take you on this offer. I'm wondering what other options there are and how much a rental car is going to be. DTW is far and MBS airport seems closer...

Me too! I'll be flying into DTW on the morning of 9/28. I just booked a car through enterprise for about $82 (before fees and mileage). I'd be happy to split this or split a ride with someone else. @morejedi

II here as well. OOS

The issue for me is flying from where I live to MBS is double the price of flying to DTW so I'm out of luck with that one

Me too! I'll be flying into DTW on the morning of 9/28. I just booked a car through enterprise for about $82 (before fees and mileage). I'd be happy to split this or split a ride with someone else. @morejedi

Sent you a PM!

The issue for me is flying from where I live to MBS is double the price of flying to DTW so I'm out of luck with that one

Sent you a PM!

haha well the other guy was faster than me on this

if there's anyone else who's considering doing this, PM me. I still don't know when I'm flying out to DTW

haha well the other guy was faster than me on this

if there's anyone else who's considering doing this, PM me. I still don't know when I'm flying out to DTW

There should be room in the car for 3 :)

Anyone else's portal say application complete but not under review? My portal has been this way for about a month.

I'm interviewing September 29th. Anyone want to get dinner or drinks after the interview??

Reactions: 2 users
If you are put on hold or haven't heard back, what is the best time to send a letter of intent?

Mine is finally under review. Anyone know how long it takes for them to make a decision?

Mine is finally under review. Anyone know how long it takes for them to make a decision?
+1, mine just seems to have entered under review today! Hooray :D

Edit: Mine says this process can take up to 8 weeks to complete

OOS here with II for 9/29. Any one interviewing Sept 29th or that weekend at CMU? Might be going to Detroit airport and renting a car with another interviewee if someone wants to chip in with us. 2 more people would be ideal. OR if someone instate that's driving over and can help a fellow OOS student(s) out with a ride lol

ALSO -- anyone want to share hotel? im a guy, if that helps. Better yet, any Michiganders willing to host and who will be driving over to CMU? It seems very far from places. Any recommendations for transportation and hotels from michiganders would also be very helpful. pm me if want to be private.

And I swear I'm not creepy. I figured I'd ask coz Mt. Pleasant is away from everything

So, I've posted quite a bit (especially in last year's forum for CMed)... and just want to tell those applying to CMed this: Understand here at CMed you are responsible for a large part of your learning. There is shared discovery in groups through cases, some lectures, and assessments that try to line up with the curriculum. However, at the end of the day you need to be aware of the material that is needed for Step, and more importantly to be an effective physician. If being responsible for your own education seems daunting (and it can at times!), just take this as a caution... CMed's curriculum will force you to learn and be responsible for material. The professors, fellow students, and staff will do everything they can to assist you along the way.

I think this will play well to my future as a physician. In the real world we will have to know how to look things up, figure things out, and ask for help when we need it. Very little will be handed to us.

Best of luck to everyone applying!

Finally under review! Complete 8/3.

Finally under review! Complete 8/3.
Updated to: Your supplemental application review is complete but an interview decision is pending. While we make every effort to provide application decisions in a timely manner, it is possible that an applicant could remain without an interview decision until February.
!!
I hope I hear something soon. It must have happened within the past 2 days. Went from under review to this status kind of quick...oy.

Updated to: Your supplemental application review is complete but an interview decision is pending. While we make every effort to provide application decisions in a timely manner, it is possible that an applicant could remain without an interview decision until February.
!!
I hope I hear something soon. It must have happened within the past 2 days. Went from under review to this status kind of quick...oy.
Wow. Didn't you go under review sometime in September?? That was quick! Mine been saying under review since mid August!

!!

Mines been stuck on this for weeks </3 hopefully there's some movement soon.