You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Drexel University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yep, no issues.For anyone who has interviewed here--do they have the ability to store your luggage when you go for your II?
Has anyone who submitted in early September heard back yet? I feel like they're still in mid-late August but I just wanted to double check
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good thing I’m not auditioning for last comic standing but applying to med school. Everyone so quick to come at someone who’s obviously upset...empathy a great tool for medicine. Sorry for upsetting anyone with my post just venting..I edited it.
As a current student here, I didn't find that remotely funny. You cannot say something super rude and expect sympathy.
That said, sorry it didn't work out for you and that you're upset, but what you said crossed a line. Applying to med school sucks, a lot, and you're gonna be faced with more disappointment than you'd like.
But the fact that you said what you said probably really reflects how you feel about Drexel, so I wish you the best elsewhere.
For anyone who has interviewed here--do they have the ability to store your luggage when you go for your II?
Yes
This might be a silly question, but how safe is the drexel area? Getting an Airbnb and trying to avoid trouble/stress if possible.
Depends on where you're staying. East Falls/Roxborough/Manayunk are fine. I wouldn't recommend Germantown.
ugh, looks like us Ealy october interviewees have a long wait 
WOOOOOO MANAYUNK!!!Depends on where you're staying. East Falls/Roxborough/Manayunk are fine. I wouldn't recommend Germantown.
Interviewed on 09/26 and still silence. [emoji15] Don’t know if that’s a bad sign, but was really hoping to hear back this week
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Interviewed on 09/26 and still silence. [emoji15] Don’t know if that’s a bad sign, but was really hoping to hear back this week
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Not at all!!! When I interviewed, it took more than 8 weeks to get a decision. As they interview more people, the longer it typically takes to hear back. But this is no way is a reflection on you as an applicant!
anyone interviewing tomorrow morning?
When in your cycle did you interview?Not at all!!! When I interviewed, it took more than 8 weeks to get a decision. As they interview more people, the longer it typically takes to hear back. But this is no way is a reflection on you as an applicant!
When in your cycle did you interview?
I was complete beginning of August, interviewed end of October, acceptance in December. So, in hindsight i guess it wasn't more than 8 weeks, but that sort of turnaround for decisions seems normal and they'll usually tell you about 8 weeks.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey! do you know anything about deferrals? like how likely it is for us to be accepted after being deferred post interview?I was complete beginning of August, interviewed end of October, acceptance in December. So, in hindsight i guess it wasn't more than 8 weeks, but that sort of turnaround for decisions seems normal and they'll usually tell you about 8 weeks.
on hold +1
were the holds by email or portal?
The portal still says "complete" but theres an update in the "communication" tab
Rejected email an hour ago
Rejected email an hour ago
So sorry to hear that 🙁 would you mind telling me when you were complete, and if this a post or pre-II?
No prob, pre II and complete in AugSo sorry to hear that 🙁 would you mind telling me when you were complete, and if this a post or pre-II?
Accepted. 9/19 interview group 🙂
oh hey there are the acceptances today. U just get it? CONGRATS!!!!Accepted. 9/19 interview group 🙂
Thank you! Just got the e-mail about an hour ago! I was getting nervous since people who interviewed after me heard already but I guess it just depends on how fast your reviewers are.oh hey there are the acceptances today. U just get it? CONGRATS!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On hold...(edit so everyone doesn’t get mad)
Too late.....lololol
For on hold people, did you get an email? I was complete 7/25 and still have not heard anything...
I got a hold email last night (or rather, this morning a bit after midnight), complete 8/2
I was completed on 7/21 and i havent heard anything back yet eitherFor on hold people, did you get an email? I was complete 7/25 and still have not heard anything...
Did they let you know via emailI interviewed 10/9 and I was accepted last week.
Just got an II, super stoked to visit Philly.
ORM, LM ~70, OOS, Complete 7/29
ORM, LM ~70, OOS, Complete 7/29
That was fast! Do you know if ADCOM meets at the end of the month?I interviewed 10/9 and I was accepted last week.
The Heck? who was ur interviewer?I interviewed 10/9 and I was accepted last week.
I also was complete 7/20 and my status still says "Your application is ready" does that mean they haven't looked yet?For on hold people, did you get an email? I was complete 7/25 and still have not heard anything...
+1I also was complete 7/20 and my status still says "Your application is ready" does that mean they haven't looked yet?
II today!
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats and complete date?II today!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Were you put on hold before?II today!
Don't remember if this was already answered in this thread, but for those accepted, do they say it explicitly in the email or is it vague and wants you to log on to read the decision letter? Thanks in advance! Will help us know what to look out for.
It starts of with "Congratulations" and explicitly states that you've been offered a position in the class.Don't remember if this was already answered in this thread, but for those accepted, do they say it explicitly in the email or is it vague and wants you to log on to read the decision letter? Thanks in advance! Will help us know what to look out for.
Congrats in the subject or body?It starts of with "Congratulations" and explicitly states that you've been offered a position in the class.
“Congratulations!” is the first word of the body. The subject says Decision.Congrats in the subject or body?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K