2017-2018 Drexel University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For anyone who has interviewed here--do they have the ability to store your luggage when you go for your II?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone who submitted in early September heard back yet? I feel like they're still in mid-late August but I just wanted to double check

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Good thing I’m not auditioning for last comic standing but applying to med school. Everyone so quick to come at someone who’s obviously upset...empathy a great tool for medicine. Sorry for upsetting anyone with my post just venting..I edited it.

As a current student here, I didn't find that remotely funny. You cannot say something super rude and expect sympathy.

That said, sorry it didn't work out for you and that you're upset, but what you said crossed a line. Applying to med school sucks, a lot, and you're gonna be faced with more disappointment than you'd like.

But the fact that you said what you said probably really reflects how you feel about Drexel, so I wish you the best elsewhere.

Reactions: 8 users
This might be a silly question, but how safe is the drexel area? Getting an Airbnb and trying to avoid trouble/stress if possible.

This might be a silly question, but how safe is the drexel area? Getting an Airbnb and trying to avoid trouble/stress if possible.

Depends on where you're staying. East Falls/Roxborough/Manayunk are fine. I wouldn't recommend Germantown.

Reactions: 3 users
ugh, looks like us Ealy october interviewees have a long wait :dead:

So I applied late here (complete 10/11). I have a foreign undergrad but a US graduate degree. Any current students want to weigh in on my chances and if there are current students who were in my situation?

Interviewed on 09/26 and still silence. Don’t know if that’s a bad sign, but was really hoping to hear back this week

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Interviewed on 09/26 and still silence. Don’t know if that’s a bad sign, but was really hoping to hear back this week

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Not at all!!! When I interviewed, it took more than 8 weeks to get a decision. As they interview more people, the longer it typically takes to hear back. But this is no way is a reflection on you as an applicant!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not at all!!! When I interviewed, it took more than 8 weeks to get a decision. As they interview more people, the longer it typically takes to hear back. But this is no way is a reflection on you as an applicant!
When in your cycle did you interview?

When in your cycle did you interview?

I was complete beginning of August, interviewed end of October, acceptance in December. So, in hindsight i guess it wasn't more than 8 weeks, but that sort of turnaround for decisions seems normal and they'll usually tell you about 8 weeks.

Reactions: 1 users
I was complete beginning of August, interviewed end of October, acceptance in December. So, in hindsight i guess it wasn't more than 8 weeks, but that sort of turnaround for decisions seems normal and they'll usually tell you about 8 weeks.
hey! do you know anything about deferrals? like how likely it is for us to be accepted after being deferred post interview?

Put on hold this week. Complete early August, LM 75.

At least they are courteous about letting me know of a hold instead of a silent hold.

Last edited:
Put on hold just now as well. Complete around mid August.

Sent from my XT1254 using SDN mobile

oh hey there are the acceptances today. U just get it? CONGRATS!!!!
Thank you! Just got the e-mail about an hour ago! I was getting nervous since people who interviewed after me heard already but I guess it just depends on how fast your reviewers are.

Just put on hold as well. Complete early August.

Accepted today, awesome! Interviewed 09/26 LizzyM around 70

Reactions: 10 users
For on hold people, did you get an email? I was complete 7/25 and still have not heard anything...

For on hold people, did you get an email? I was complete 7/25 and still have not heard anything...

I got a hold email last night (or rather, this morning a bit after midnight), complete 8/2

Has anyone been accepted after people with interview dates after them received an acceptance? Seems like latest interview date to receive news is 9/26 now..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got an II, super stoked to visit Philly.
ORM, LM ~70, OOS, Complete 7/29

Reactions: 5 users
I also was complete 7/20 and my status still says "Your application is ready" does that mean they haven't looked yet?

Don't remember if this was already answered in this thread, but for those accepted, do they say it explicitly in the email or is it vague and wants you to log on to read the decision letter? Thanks in advance! Will help us know what to look out for.

Don't remember if this was already answered in this thread, but for those accepted, do they say it explicitly in the email or is it vague and wants you to log on to read the decision letter? Thanks in advance! Will help us know what to look out for.
It starts of with "Congratulations" and explicitly states that you've been offered a position in the class.

Reactions: 2 users