2017-2018 Drexel University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats!! I got the acceptance email at the same exact time!
when did you interview?? I also interviewed 9/25 and nothing :(

Members don't see this ad.

anyone by any chance know how likely it is to be accepted after being deferred post interview?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I also interviewed 09/19 and haven't heard anything. Obviously, they are not shy about sending rejections/deferrals so if you haven't heard back I am assuming that means they haven't looked at your post interview file yet. Do not despair :)

Reactions: 2 users
I also interviewed 09/19 and haven't heard anything. Obviously, they are not shy about sending rejections/deferrals so if you haven't heard back I am assuming that means they haven't looked at your post interview file yet. Do not despair :)
Do they send rejections via email?

Rejected pre-II, complete last week in July

Hey for people who already interviewed, which Hotels did yall stay at? I still need to book mine and interview is in a month!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey for people who already interviewed, which Hotels did yall stay at? I still need to book mine and interview is in a month!
I stayed in an air bnb by center city, so I recommend staying near there. I really didn’t enjoy the area of Drexel IMO, so I would recommend anywhere else

Application was just put on hold to be considered for an interview later in the cycle... is this basically a rejection?

Application was just put on hold to be considered for an interview later in the cycle... is this basically a rejection?
+1, complete 7/14/17

I'd say this is an actual hold and not a rejection, as people have been getting rejected pre-II.

Reactions: 1 user
Man, Drexel is bringing down the hammer lately. Waiting for the axe....

+1, complete 7/14/17

I'd say this is an actual hold and not a rejection, as people have been getting rejected pre-II.

Same :/ For those that are "on hold" for an interview, what are the chances of actually getting an interview later on?

P.S. Complete 7/17/17

On hold 10/20. Complete 8/4

Last edited:
Rejected this morning via e-mail, interviewed on 9/18. Good luck to those waiting! Also to those who have II but haven't gone yet, be warned that they do take you into the cadaver lab and uncover a cadaver. My guide even started handing out various organs... so take that as you will.

Ugh atleast drexel is moving along with the post interview decisions. Really eager to hear.

Any more news from 9/25 interviewees?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rejected this morning via e-mail, interviewed on 9/18. Good luck to those waiting! Also to those who have II but haven't gone yet, be warned that they do take you into the cadaver lab and uncover a cadaver. My guide even started handing out various organs... so take that as you will.

Sorry to hear that, good luck on the rest of the cycle!

How confident did you feel about your interview?

Jumping on this thread. My status never changed from application complete, is that how everyone else's is who have not yet received an II? Most other schools change it to "under review." Complete 7/10

i stayed at the courtyard by marriott on presidential boulevard, it was expeeeeensive but very nice and near enough to campus!

edit: also hello from a 9/18 interview still waiting to hear back...

Jumping on this thread. My status never changed from application complete, is that how everyone else's is who have not yet received an II? Most other schools change it to "under review." Complete 7/10
mine just says application complete and still no II. Complete aug 29

Also put "on hold" today. Better than a flat out rejection I suppose.

Let me update those who are still interested in attending Drexel.

We do not even know what we are going to be tested on, that is how bad this faculty and administration is.

We get emails saying we have to know many different spinal tract pathways, then we get descriptions saying we do not have to know them, then we get an email saying we do have to know them. Pretty much everyone is not confident on what we need to know regarding neuro for this upcoming test. If there is anyone that does know, they want to gun others and not tell them.

I do not really care whether or not we are going to be tested on the material, but at least tell us what we are going to be tested on!

Let me update those who are still interested in attending Drexel.

We do not even know what we are going to be tested on, that is how bad this faculty and administration is.

We get emails saying we have to know many different spinal tract pathways, then we get descriptions saying we do not have to know them, then we get an email saying we do have to know them. Pretty much everyone is not confident on what we need to know regarding neuro for this upcoming test. If there is anyone that does know, they want to gun others and not tell them.

I do not really care whether or not we are going to be tested on the material, but at least tell us what we are going to be tested on!
That sounds awful, but tbh I'm just tryna go to a med school that accepts me ya know..

Reactions: 18 users
anyone by any chance know how likely it is to be accepted after being deferred post interview?
+1
I was also deferred post interview and would like to know my chances. But idk it seems like Drexel is not afraid to reject because a lot of people have been rejected/ placed on hold pre-interview

+1
I was also deferred post interview and would like to know my chances. But idk it seems like Drexel is not afraid to reject because a lot of people have been rejected/ placed on hold pre-interview

When did you interview?

For those who know about holds *Post-interview*, do they do that because they are just backed up right now and haven't had the chance thoroughly review the candidates again or have they already reviewed you but are going to compare you to a later pool?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone from 9/27 hear anything?

For those who know about holds *Post-interview*, do they do that because they are just backed up right now and haven't had the chance thoroughly review the candidates again or have they already reviewed you but are going to compare you to a later pool?
I assume the latter option, but I really am not sure.