2017-2018 Drexel University

Started by Lucca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What's the best place to stay the night before the interview? Are there places that provides transportation to/from the interview/airport or is within walking distance to the school.
 
Same for me. Interviewed late September and still absolutely no news - good or bad. Hopefully soon. I think I saw a post on this thread from a current student who said they had to wait the full 8-10 weeks, so maybe that’s the case for us too. GL to both of us


Reach out to admissions. I interviewed then and heard the week of October 16.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What's the best place to stay the night before the interview? Are there places that provides transportation to/from the interview/airport or is within walking distance to the school.
I stayed in the center city area. There is a ~$7 train that goes there from the airport and then I just ubered to Drexel the morning of the interview. It was only a 15 minute ride and cost about $15
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all, I was complete mid-Sept, no reply yet. Is anyone else in this boat? I'm curious whether they've started reviewing my file.
 
Been waiting since end of july
WOW. That is a long time to wait with no word. Have you contacted them at all?

An advisor of mine suggested I email any school that I hadn't heard anything from after eight weeks, to inquire whether everything was in order with my application. I haven't done it yet though. I know that there was a clerical issue with one of my letters leading to each school's getting three copies of the identical letter. AMCAS said they couldn't fix it and that I should contact each school directly to explain. I guess that's a reasonable excuse to reach out, and "by the way, I'm in love with your school! Let's meet in person!" 🙂
 
WOW. That is a long time to wait with no word. Have you contacted them at all?

An advisor of mine suggested I email any school that I hadn't heard anything from after eight weeks, to inquire whether everything was in order with my application. I haven't done it yet though. I know that there was a clerical issue with one of my letters leading to each school's getting three copies of the identical letter. AMCAS said they couldn't fix it and that I should contact each school directly to explain. I guess that's a reasonable excuse to reach out, and "by the way, I'm in love with your school! Let's meet in person!" 🙂

do you think its better to reach out to them via email or should I just call them?
 
do you think its better to reach out to them via email or should I just call them?
I usually lean toward email thinking it lets people reply when it's most convenient for them, but a quick call is probably fine too.
Let me know if you end up contacting them - hope it ends with good news!
 
Rejected pre-II, via email, app received notification 10/3.

EDIT: Wrong thread, sorry.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad