2017-2018 Drexel University

Started by Lucca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just interviewed here and loved the school! Also for others waiting for post-II news, they said they cancelled the last adcom meeting due to the crazy weather they've been having out on the East Coast!
 
If I'm looking to update the adcom on a recent publication (post-II), what's the best way to do this? Should I submit a PDF of the manuscript as a Letter of Interest on the portal, or potentially write and attach a letter to the paper itself and send it as a combined PDF?
 
Just interviewed here and loved the school! Also for others waiting for post-II news, they said they cancelled the last adcom meeting due to the crazy weather they've been having out on the East Coast!

Did they give any hint as to whether or not they rescheduled the meeting, or if we're all just pushed back to the next meeting on post - II news?
 
for those who are attending Drexel, what is the curriculum in the first two years like. What are the positives and/or negatives.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed 11/8 but haven't heard anything.. is it safe to assume I'm out?
It sounds like you may be in the "continued candidacy" style app-pool. From seeing how other schools like VCU do this, you may have an acceptance level score post interview but they're working their way through the pile to you as they send acceptance offers out. Meaning other higher scored apps may be gaining acceptances first, and you're waiting to get an acceptance or be eventually placed on a wait-list after a certain date.
 
Anybody else not able to login to the portal? I’ve had complete silence since applying mid-August, go to check on my phone, and get an error message. Try to open the portal on my laptop—still an error. No emails or anything from Drexel. I just don’t want there to be an interview invite waiting there and I can’t see it :nailbiting:
 
Anybody else not able to login to the portal? I’ve had complete silence since applying mid-August, go to check on my phone, and get an error message. Try to open the portal on my laptop—still an error. No emails or anything from Drexel. I just don’t want there to be an interview invite waiting there and I can’t see it :nailbiting:

“404 File directory not found.”

Maybe they rejected me and already deleted me from the portal? I last checked ~1 week ago and there was no news.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Darn. Semi-hoping I wasn’t alone on this lol.

Tried Mozilla, Chrome, and Explorer—all give the same “404-File or directory not found.” Oh well. I guess nothing I can do except try again tomorrow

Do you get the error before or after logging in? I can open just fine
 
I called to check on my application because I interviewed 11/15 and was told to expect a 2 week delay when I called 8 weeks post-interview. When I called today since it has been 10 weeks, they said the committee meets once a week and will be meeting tomorrow. So hopefully some of us will be hearing back this week!
 
Axed today! Not on the hold list or anything. LM 68, oos but close to PA. Complete in August. Oh well, good luck to everyone still in the running!
 
Placed on hold yesterday via email. Not exactly sure what that means- but I'm guessing that at this point in the cycle it isn't good...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Axed today! Not on the hold list or anything. LM 68, oos but close to PA. Complete in August. Oh well, good luck to everyone still in the running!
If you don’t mind me asking, what was your MCAT score? Trying to figure out why my app hasn’t been reviewed yet/why I have no decision (hold or anything)? Been complete since July 9th.