2017-2018 Drexel University

Started by Lucca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Can anybody comment about how much time is spent in class/PIL sessions? I know they dont have lectures but are the PIL sessions mandatory and how frequently are they held? Along with the other mandatory activities.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not one rejection . Please note the page you have seen a post interview rejections. I have looked at this entire thread 2x.Don't get people all upset for nothing.
Rejected. Interviewed 10/2. Thank goodness they took forever because I got an Acceptance from my top OOS choice school in the meantime. Good luck to everyone else in here! Unwatching now, Sayonara 🙂
I'm gonna go ahead and prescribe you one of these:
41XuS9h6c4L._SX355_.jpg
 
Last edited:
Drexel is being fair and giving everyone more than one shot at an acceptance. Drexel has a lot of movement as far as acceptances and withdrawals.The email states you are reviewed every round of the process if you received the deferred email. It's best to say something when there is hard fact. Everyone's anxiety is magnified 1000 times and certainly do not need fake news to rile people up. If you look at Melchizedek's post 99% of them are about gaming and social events. I guess being supportive is out of style.
Gets proven wrong. Attacks the person instead of the argument. Logical fallacy anyone? :thinking:
This reaction sums up why I hang out with the Vetties instead of over here in pre-allo 🙄
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Drexel is being fair and giving everyone more than one shot at an acceptance. Drexel has a lot of movement as far as acceptances and withdrawals.The email states you are reviewed every round of the process if you received the deferred email. It's best to say something when there is hard fact. Everyone's anxiety is magnified 1000 times and certainly do not need fake news to rile people up. If you look at Melchizedek's post 99% of them are about gaming and social events. I guess being supportive is out of style.
If someone gets riled up over a SDN post and wants to avoid confronting the possibility that not everyone will get accepted to Drexel, then medicine is probably not the best career choice. The other poster was simply confirming that someone was indeed denied post-interview.

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile
 
If someone gets riled up over a SDN post and wants to avoid confronting the possibility that not everyone will get accepted to Drexel, then medicine is probably not the best career choice. The other poster was simply confirming that someone was indeed denied post-interview.

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile
More than that, I think medicine might not be the best choice for anyone who read the thread twice and still missed people saying they had post-II rejections . Oh look! Another one!
Rejected this morning via e-mail, interviewed on 9/18. Good luck to those waiting! Also to those who have II but haven't gone yet, be warned that they do take you into the cadaver lab and uncover a cadaver. My guide even started handing out various organs... so take that as you will.

But hell, what do I know? I’m just here for the likes.
 
Last edited:
Anyone know if uploading a LOI to the portal is the best way to send a LOI? It is essentially an update letter. I want to make sure they see it, should I email it as well?
 
Did they mention about changing to 100% PIL learning? I saw on their site that there was still IFM/PIL for 2017-2018. Does anybody wanna chime in on the time commitment is with PIL and how often there are mandatory components now that there aren't lectures. I heard that schools that allow the most independent study time tend to work better for students.
 
Received an interview invite today!

Complete early August, one update sent, OOS, non-traditional. The only dates available are the end of March.


How did you send the update? Did you simply upload a document to the portal or did you send an email as well? Thanks so much for the help!
 
If we want to send them a resume/CV through the portal, should we just send recent activities/accomplishments since AMCAS submission? Or should we send a complete resume? I have called and left messages/emailed them but have not gotten a response. Any help would be appreciated!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had a positive Hep B titer in 2014 and I was wondering whether anyone knows if that would be accepted by schools or if I need to get a more recent one? I can't seem to find any information on how old the titers have to be.
 
I had a positive Hep B titer in 2014 and I was wondering whether anyone knows if that would be accepted by schools or if I need to get a more recent one? I can't seem to find any information on how old the titers have to be.

Email the immune surveillance email. When I got all this done in 2016, I was able to use my titers from 2011 for varicella and MMR no problem. Just email them to be sure.
 
Would it be acceptable to email admissions another update since I already submitted my portal update a few months ago? Really hoping for a last min II.
 
Listen. Just keep in mind that SDN was saying the same stuff about Drexel in 2002 when it was MCP Hahneman, the same when I was a student there and the same stuff when myself and about twenty of my colleagues matched into orthopaedics.

In spite of the stuff said here that makes Drexel sound like one of the offshore schools, they still somehow manage to graduate physicians every year who can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Logged in to "like". Great call.
 
Received an interview invite today!

Complete early August, one update sent, OOS, non-traditional. The only dates available are the end of March.

Out of curiosity, how much time passed between sending your update and receiving the interview invite?
 
Out of curiosity, how much time passed between sending your update and receiving the interview invite?
I know you asked someone else, but for me it was 2 months. Complete early August, update early November, II early Jan!
 
Anyone know if uploading a LOI to the portal is the best way to send a LOI? It is essentially an update letter. I want to make sure they see it, should I email it as well?

I know they don't accept "updates" by email - only via the portal. I
I know you asked someone else, but for me it was 2 months. Complete early August, update early November, II early Jan!

Well that doesn't bode well for me :/ Sent my update in late January. Fingers crossed though lol. Good luck! Were you on hold at all?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know they don't accept "updates" by email - only via the portal. I


Well that doesn't bode well for me :/ Sent my update in late January. Fingers crossed though lol. Good luck! Were you on hold at all?
I never got placed on hold. Good luck to you too! If you look at last year’s thread, there’s a record of IIs going out in late March, so there’s definitely still hope!
 
I never got placed on hold. Good luck to you too! If you look at last year’s thread, there’s a record of IIs going out in late March, so there’s definitely still hope!
I wasnt on hold either. Complete early august, update 1 end of oct, update 2 and LOR mid Jan, II 2-3 weeks later.
 
whats the best way to get from the airport to the school? Im staying around the area and was going to uber but it'd pretty pricey.
 
whats the best way to get from the airport to the school? Im staying around the area and was going to uber but it'd pretty pricey.

How much you looking at? I uber frequently from East Falls to PHL and usually pay around $20-30?

If not, you can try SEPTA regional rail from the airport and take it to 30th street and hop on the Chestnut Hill West line to Queen Lane.