2017-2018 Drexel University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How much you looking at? I uber frequently from East Falls to PHL and usually pay around $20-30?

If not, you can try SEPTA regional rail from the airport and take it to 30th street and hop on the Chestnut Hill West line to Queen Lane.
It is like $25 with ride share which isn't horrible but Im assuming it will be a surcharge with the weather conditions tomorrow which may make it decently higher.

Members don't see this ad.

It is like $25 with ride share which isn't horrible but Im assuming it will be a surcharge with the weather conditions tomorrow which may make it decently higher.
They just cancelled their operations for tomorrow, have they contacted you about rescheduling?

Members don't see this ad :)
nope. My interview is thursday so hopefully they do soon
Oh lol I thought it was tomorrow because you mentioned uber rides tomorrow. Good luck!

Interviewing here on Thursday, any advice?
The interview day is really relaxed. Make sure to greet the staff and introduce yourself to them. The student interviewer isn’t looking to crucify you, just get a good feel of whether you would be a a person they could see themselves working a PBL session with. From my experience and after hearing from others, some of the faculty interviewers specifically try to hide their emotions and reactions to what you say. Don’t feel discouraged if they don’t make eye contact/outright agree/or otherwise lack affirmative body/verbal language. That’s just how some of them comport themselves in the interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh lol I thought it was tomorrow because you mentioned looking for uber rides tomorrow. Good luck!

The interview day is really relaxed. Make sure to greet the staff and introduce yourself to them. The student interviewer isn’t looking to crucify you, just get a good feel of whether you would be a a person they could see themselves working a PBL session with. From my experience and after hearing from others, some of the faculty interviewers specifically try to hide their emotions and reactions to what you say. Don’t feel discouraged if they don’t make eye contact/outright agree/or otherwise lack affirmative body/verbal language. That’s just how some of them comport themselves in the interview.

The student interviewer only asked us two questions "where are you from and where did you go for undergrad." Not sure how they were going to rate us on a scale of 1-5.

The student interviewer only asked us two questions "where are you from and where did you go for undergrad." Not sure how they were going to rate us on a scale of 1-5.

It is more of an assessment of how professional you are (were you on your phone at all?) and how well you mesh with the interviewer/other students in your group. If you’re a weirdo and clearly don’t play well with other’s, you won’t be scored well. If you’re courteous and are easy to talk to, you’ll be evaluated well.

Is it a panel interview or a 1-on-1?

One student, two or three other interviewees. Conducted over lunch/tour.
So one student and 2 faculty? Or is it one student and you are grouped with two other people who are interviewing for a spot?

And is it not a traditional interview as in, you sit in a room and get asked questions or is it as you walk and tour?

So one student and 2 faculty? Or is it one student and you are grouped with two other people who are interviewing for a spot?

And is it not a traditional interview as in, you sit in a room and get asked questions or is it as you walk and tour?

Two interviews:
One on one with a faculity member.

Second interview is with a current student.

Is it a panel interview or a 1-on-1?

3-4 applicants sitting at one table with a student interviewer over lunch. Closed file. Then our student interviewer took us on a campus tour.

Afterward we had a 1 on 1 faculty, open file, interview. You can get a PhD or a MD. Then an ethics essay on an ipad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if they have even looked at my application yet. I was complete in July and haven't heard anything since. I find this so odd.

Anybody know what dates are left? My flight has been canceled due to weather

Just got deferred. Wasn't expecting much because I didn't feel super confident about my interview

Just got deferred. Wasn't expecting much because I didn't feel super confident about my interview
I’m sorry :( From what they said on interview day, deferred people have just as much of a chance to get in as anyone. It just means they defer deciding to a later date, presumably to compare to you those interviewing later. When did you interview if you don’t mind me asking?

Mid January, also deffered. Any idea how likely people are to be accepted from deferal?
I’m sure it depends on how the rest of their interviews go, as well as how many people they’ve accepted decide to go some place else.

Not a fan of Drexel. Will be withdrawing if accepted elsewhere.

I interviewed in December. Was deferred in February, but then accepted two weeks later, so stay hopeful guys!

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone here placed on hold? I got that email in early February which is weird because it's pretty late in the cycle...

I interviewed in December. Was deferred in February, but then accepted two weeks later, so stay hopeful guys!
Awesome, thanks for the encouragement and congrats on your acceptance! Please, did you send an update or letter of intent, etc. in between deferral and acceptance?

hey everyone!! Accepted students should totally join the facebook group so we can get to know each other!

Here is the link: Log into Facebook | Facebook
And if for whatever reason the link I pasted above doesn't work, you guys can search up "Drexel University College of Medicine Class of 2022" and join!

:)

Still silent after December interview :(

When is financial aid info supposed to come out for accepted students?

i was put on hold and uploaded an update letter early Feb. Last week i found out that my article got accepted for publication. How do i update the school on this? especially since they said only 1 of each type of upload and a publication is neither a transcript nor a cv

i was put on hold and uploaded an update letter early Feb. Last week i found out that my article got accepted for publication. How do i update the school on this? especially since they said only 1 of each type of upload and a publication is neither a transcript nor a cv
You could submit a resume with your publication on it?

You could submit a resume with your publication on it?

Hey...I had the same problem! I called Drexel Admissions (spoke to a very nice lady), explained my situation, and she said to submit an update and just select one of the other two options.

Hey...I had the same problem! I called Drexel Admissions (spoke to a very nice lady), explained my situation, and she said to submit an update and just select one of the other two options.

Thank you! did she say to write a separate letter or just attach the copy of the manuscript?

Thank you! did she say to write a separate letter or just attach the copy of the manuscript?

We didn't discuss the logistics. Rather, I had already written an update/continued letter of interest, so that's what I submitted. May the odds be ever in our favor (especially this late in the game)! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Gonna be that person who asks: is it still possible to get an interview?

Reactions: 2 users
There should be a wave of decisions released tomorrow right? Since they meet on Thursdays?

There should be a wave of decisions released tomorrow right? Since they meet on Thursdays?
I very much hope so. Today marks 6 weeks since my interview. Although, something tells me that if the adcom allows 6-8 weeks until reaching a decision, then they will probably take the full 8.

I very much hope so. Today marks 6 weeks since my interview. Although, something tells me that if the adcom allows 6-8 weeks until reaching a decision, then they will probably take the full 8.
At my interview they said they will probably take closer to 8