2017-2018 Drexel University

Started by Lucca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got deferred on Monday (3/13). Interviewed January 17, OOS. Does anyone know if there are any applicants who were rejected post interview? I just want to know if they defer most people who interview
 
Is there actually any movement off the post-II deferred list here or am I just clinging onto false hopes :yeahright:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got deferred on Monday (3/13). Interviewed January 17, OOS. Does anyone know if there are any applicants who were rejected post interview? I just want to know if they defer most people who interview
I was rejected after my interview. I got my letter in the mail yesteday. My portal never changed. I was waitlisted here last year. This whole process is such a crapshoot. Who can figure it out?
 
For those of us who interviewed around Jan 29th, tomorrow marks 7 weeks since the interview! I feel like we should hear something next week!!
 
From what I've seen historically, DUCOM has decent WL movement. Check MSAR since I think they give stats on this.

Per MSAR:

Typical number of waitlist positions: approximately 250

Number of acceptance offers granted to applicants on the waitlist: 15
 
Where do you find this information on the MSAR?

There's a section called "Waitlist Information." Just search the word waitlist on the MSAR page.

I'm not sure if 15 is a mistake or what because it seems unrealistically low.

Drexel's page also says:

"The waitlist is ranked by the Admissions Committee. If applicants are taken from the waitlist, they are called/emailed and asked to reply ASAP. Waitlisted applicants may send updates."
 
Per MSAR:

Typical number of waitlist positions: approximately 250

Number of acceptance offers granted to applicants on the waitlist: 15

*shrug*
I was going by what i was told during my orientation. It may have changed since I matriculated so I cannot say for certain.
 
I was rejected after my interview. I got my letter in the mail yesteday. My portal never changed. I was waitlisted here last year. This whole process is such a crapshoot. Who can figure it out?
Sorry to hear that. To some degree this whole process is so random that you can never predict how an admissions committee will respond to your application. But thank you for letting me know!
 
I thought they didnt have a second look? Is this the first year they are doing it? I wont hear from them until after that date anyways :/

They always have a second look. I attended it in 2016. I don’t think they originally going to have one this year because of scheduling but Kareem and Lisa seemed to have gotten that worked out.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are they just deferring everyone? Is this new this year?
A friend of a friend’s little birdie told me that there has been a change in the attitude of the administration on outright waitlisting vs deferring in order to keep applicants from getting “upset at being waitlisted.”
 
A friend of a friend’s little birdie told me that there has been a change in the attitude of the administration on outright waitlisting vs deferring in order to keep applicants from getting “upset at being waitlisted.”
Do you go to Drexel? Honestly I don’t know what to think about this school any more!
 
Thoughts on attending accepted students day? I’d like to get more information than what we have now, but not sure how helpful it would really be.

Any current students experiences on their accepted students day would be appreciated as well.
 
Is anyone interviewing on Wednesday? What do y’all think the mega storm or whatever is gonna affect things?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad