2017-2018 Drexel University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There should be a wave of decisions released tomorrow right? Since they meet on Thursdays?

It is Match Week. I wouldn’t count on it tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Release those that have been deferred from this torment! (soon pls)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got deferred on Monday (3/13). Interviewed January 17, OOS. Does anyone know if there are any applicants who were rejected post interview? I just want to know if they defer most people who interview

Is there actually any movement off the post-II deferred list here or am I just clinging onto false hopes :yeahright:

Is there actually any movement off the post-II deferred list here or am I just clinging onto false hopes :yeahright:
Historically there has been a lot of movement! Look at the threads from the 2 previous cycles.

Can any current Ms1 possibly provide information on what a typical week looks like? Ty

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got deferred on Monday (3/13). Interviewed January 17, OOS. Does anyone know if there are any applicants who were rejected post interview? I just want to know if they defer most people who interview
I was rejected after my interview. I got my letter in the mail yesteday. My portal never changed. I was waitlisted here last year. This whole process is such a crapshoot. Who can figure it out?

For those of us who interviewed around Jan 29th, tomorrow marks 7 weeks since the interview! I feel like we should hear something next week!!

From what I've seen historically, DUCOM has decent WL movement. Check MSAR since I think they give stats on this.

Per MSAR:

Typical number of waitlist positions: approximately 250

Number of acceptance offers granted to applicants on the waitlist: 15

Where do you find this information on the MSAR?

There's a section called "Waitlist Information." Just search the word waitlist on the MSAR page.

I'm not sure if 15 is a mistake or what because it seems unrealistically low.

Drexel's page also says:

"The waitlist is ranked by the Admissions Committee. If applicants are taken from the waitlist, they are called/emailed and asked to reply ASAP. Waitlisted applicants may send updates."

Per MSAR:

Typical number of waitlist positions: approximately 250

Number of acceptance offers granted to applicants on the waitlist: 15

*shrug*
I was going by what i was told during my orientation. It may have changed since I matriculated so I cannot say for certain.

Hmm yeah that’s what he said, but he said we should be getting more information on that soon
I thought they didnt have a second look? Is this the first year they are doing it? I wont hear from them until after that date anyways :/

I was rejected after my interview. I got my letter in the mail yesteday. My portal never changed. I was waitlisted here last year. This whole process is such a crapshoot. Who can figure it out?
Sorry to hear that. To some degree this whole process is so random that you can never predict how an admissions committee will respond to your application. But thank you for letting me know!

I thought they didnt have a second look? Is this the first year they are doing it? I wont hear from them until after that date anyways :/

They always have a second look. I attended it in 2016. I don’t think they originally going to have one this year because of scheduling but Kareem and Lisa seemed to have gotten that worked out.

Are they just deferring everyone? Is this new this year?

Are they just deferring everyone? Is this new this year?
A friend of a friend’s little birdie told me that there has been a change in the attitude of the administration on outright waitlisting vs deferring in order to keep applicants from getting “upset at being waitlisted.”

A friend of a friend’s little birdie told me that there has been a change in the attitude of the administration on outright waitlisting vs deferring in order to keep applicants from getting “upset at being waitlisted.”
Do you go to Drexel? Honestly I don’t know what to think about this school any more!

I am countering their deferall with a withdraw...It’s super effective.

Reactions: 4 users
Thoughts on attending accepted students day? I’d like to get more information than what we have now, but not sure how helpful it would really be.

Any current students experiences on their accepted students day would be appreciated as well.

Is anyone interviewing on Wednesday? What do y’all think the mega storm or whatever is gonna affect things?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny that it is now March 21st and my application has still not been reviewed. No hold, no interview since early July.

Anyone have a link to Drexel's 2018 match list?