2017-2018 Drexel University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Deferred review when I interviewed 4/24. I got the email this morning.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Deferred review when I interviewed 4/24. I got the email this morning.

Interviewed that day as well hoping to get back soon too! They got back to you pretty quick considering they said 4-6 weeks.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Here’s hoping for some post deferral decisions this afternoon! Meanwhile, I’ll be refreshing my email all day at work

Here’s hoping for some post deferral decisions this afternoon! Meanwhile, I’ll be refreshing my email all day at work
Im hoping for an acceptance to grace my inbox here soon

I hear ya. It's been a long 4.5 months since my interview... :cryi:
Oh dang. Mine was early march and I am still dying to hear. Hopefully before I get my new app submitted

Reactions: 1 users
Oh dang. Mine was early march and I am still dying to hear. Hopefully before I get my new app submitted

For real. Ain't nobody got time, money, or patience to reapply. Also gonna be outta the country for a few weeks. Like I should have internet access, but I might not for a few days. 5 days isn't much time to respond if I'm out on a mountain top without 4G trying to live my best life. Might have to have the SO check and respond for me...

Has anyone tried to contact the admissions office to see if an official waitlist has been made?

I was just offered a spot on the waitlist.

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone tried to contact the admissions office to see if an official waitlist has been made?
Hi! I just received an offer today at 5:02 PM, via email, to be placed on the waiting list. They ask for one to accept/ decline on the AMP. Most likely will decline since I am already accepted at a school I'm static about! (For those interested, interviewed 1/17, deferred 3/9). My best wishes to all.

Congrats!! When did you interview if you don’t mind my asking.
Thank you! I interviewed 3/26 and I was deferred 4/25. OOS. I will most likely decline the offer due to my other acceptance though. Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Officially withdrew my application here, completely forgot I was deferred. Best of luck everyone!

Ok big question...Is everyone seeing a waitlist tab on their portal? Because I have one but didn't get an actual email telling me I'm on waitlist... The wording under the tab says it's, "info pertinent to applicants on the waitlist" as if everyone has that now.

Hopefully they're waitlisting everyone with deferrals while they figure out exactly how many spots they have open and also trying to wean out those who are going other places? Maybe it's not so bad... Usually they have their waitlist movement in June and it generally a fair amount. Although this cycle waitlist movement seems to be weird, so who knows...

Ok big question...Is everyone seeing a waitlist tab on their portal? Because I have one but didn't get an actual email telling me I'm on waitlist... The wording under the tab says it's, "info pertinent to applicants on the waitlist" as if everyone has that now.

Check to see your communication status that might tell you

Check to see your communication status that might tell you

Nothing there either. Like I just literally got a tab and nothing else. That's why I was thinking maybe everyone sees it right now...

EDIT: Scratch that...it literally just showed up a second after posting

I interviewed in March and was deferred sometime in April. Accepted today!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Waitlisted today, January interview, deferred mid-February

OMG WAITLISTED TOO!

MD Class 2022

Last edited:
If anyone waitlisted today decides to call the office tomorrow, could you ask if they are willing to give out position #’s? I would ask myself but I’m out of the country.

History; last year's 2016 cycle, 350 w/L only 25 accepted off that list. There are not numbered so they say. Also there are approx 71 people missing off FB. Granted not everyone signs up but that is a large number and my 4 other schools are at or over capacity give or take. Just passing on info.

For 2015's cycle there were 350 W/L and 15 accepted off that list.

Also there are approx 71 people missing off FB. Granted not everyone signs up but that is a large number and my 4 other schools are at or over capacity give or take.

What do you mean by this?

History; last year's 2016 cycle, 350 w/L only 25 accepted off that list. There are not numbered so they say. Also there are approx 71 people missing off FB. Granted not everyone signs up but that is a large number and my 4 other schools are at or over capacity give or take. Just passing on info.

For 2015's cycle there were 350 W/L and 15 accepted off that list.

Where did you get these numbers from?

Such a boner kill lol... WE WOULD LIKE TO OFFER YOU A SPOT on our waitlist. thanks drexel! :))))))

Withdrew acceptance, GL to everyone else

Reactions: 1 users
I still haven't heard anything from this school since submitting my secondary in July. I'm sure I'm rejected. Just wish they would say it already instead of silently rejecting me

MSAR
Waitlist Information
Typical number of waitlist positions per cycle
Approximately 350
Number of acceptance offers granted to applicants on the waitlist
Waitlist procedures and information
The waitlist is ranked by the Admissions Committee. If applicants are taken from the waitlist, they are called/emailed and asked to reply ASAP. Waitlisted applicants may send updates.

I still haven't heard anything from this school since submitting my secondary in July. I'm sure I'm rejected. Just wish they would say it already instead of silently rejecting me

Interviews have been over for a while and the interview season is done. They probably literally just forgot to physically reject you.

Interviews have been over for a while and the interview season is done. They probably literally just forgot to physically reject you.

I was never formally rejected by several schools from several years ago. Silent rejections do suck, though.

Withdrew from my spot today. Hope it reaches someone here!

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

Just got accepted off of the waitlist! I interviewed 4/24 and was waitlisted 5/10. Now I need to decide if I will accept the seat.

Reactions: 4 users
Just accepted off waitlist! Out of state, orm, male, 3.6 gpa, 513 mcat. Non-traditional, third time applying. Waiting on one other waitlist currently as well. Doesn't seem real, very hyped. Don't give up, even if you have to take time and apply again.

Reactions: 9 users
Just got accepted off of the waitlist! I interviewed 4/24 and was waitlisted 5/10. Now I need to decide if I will accept the seat.
Congrats! What are your stats?

Just accepted off waitlist! Out of state, orm, male, 3.6 gpa, 513 mcat. Non-traditional, third time applying. Waiting on one other waitlist currently as well. Doesn't seem real, very hyped. Don't give up, even if you have to take time and apply again.
Congratulations! Non-trad here too. If you don’t mind me asking, did you take the MCAT more than once?

Congrats! What are your stats?

Congratulations! Non-trad here too. If you don’t mind me asking, did you take the MCAT more than once?

I did, I took it once while in school and received a 509; then took it two years later out of school, just studying in Princeton review books, and got the 513. I believe most adcoms like to see academic progression once you’re out of school, so if you think you can take it again and do better, I highly recommend it. But it’s always nerve-wracking, because doing worse may look bad.

Yea I'm aware lol. I'm just saying that I wish they would send me an email of officially rejecting me instead of letting me be in silence